🦙Live from Utopia 🦙- Sailing with Daryl 🦙8/2-8/5 🏰with bonus feature of a week at Disney Parks post cruise🏰

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

SpaceX launch tonight.  12:19 am if you're still awake.  I'm told night launches are spectacular.  

https://spaceflightnow.com/2024/08/01/live-coverage-spacex-to-launch-23-starlink-satellites-on-falcon-9-rocket-from-the-kennedy-space-center/

Watching the "recovery" (?) ship head out to sea,  from FishLips. 

20240801_182024.thumb.jpg.86a27063997d8d7f52fe4bee6f54994b.jpg

They are pretty spectacular.  We were just offshore, on Allure for this launch.  

It went up much slower than I thought it would. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

That’s a LOT of ducks!

They will bé busy.

Are they collecting other ducks too?

MJ

Yes, they probably will.  They will probably each keep one of the light up ones.  

• Like 1

I read on the site that shall not be named, that some had flights delayed and some were diverted to FLL because of the storms in Orlando.  

Maybe we lucked out, because we only had a brief rain shower on the way to the port.  Sunny and nice for most of the day, and waves are small at the beach tonight. 

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.d261ac4f930ddc85f8b98a37b681d5b4.jpeg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I read on the site that shall not be named, that some had flights delayed and some were diverted to FLL because of the storms in Orlando.  

Maybe we lucked out, because we only had a brief rain shower on the way to the port.  Sunny and nice for most of the day, and waves are small at the beach tonight. 

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.d261ac4f930ddc85f8b98a37b681d5b4.jpeg

We live about 90 minutes northwest of PC, 45 minutes north from MCO. Absolutely poured rain, thunder, lightning ⛈️ at our house. Roads that don’t usually flood were flooded, tree branches down, all the fun things that usually come with our Central FL summer afternoon storms. Glad your travels were not affected.

Happy Anniversary 🥂🍾 ! Loved the wedding picture. 

I should be home for your sailaway so I’ll be watching for Daryl to see what shenanigans he manages to get into. 🦙❤️

• Like 3

Finally, boarding day has arrived.  

IMG_2122.thumb.jpeg.45c19b4d438a28e195fd844d571aac6c.jpeg

I have been awake since 3am. No matter how many times you sail, you always rise early on boarding day.  

• Like 21

I have been watching marine traffic.  Adventure is already in position, waiting for @HBE4 to board. 

Disney Wish is getting in position just below Adventure, and Utopia is turning around. 

IMG_2124.thumb.jpeg.b69cf423b3dda7025c99c6b0cec39b71.jpeg

All I have to do is look out my hotel window to see Utopia. 

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.36116cc20c1993e124be24309596cbc7.jpeg

I guess my ship has finally come in. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have been watching marine traffic.  Adventure is already in position, waiting for @HBE4 to board. 

Disney Wish is getting in position just below Adventure, and Utopia is turning around. 

IMG_2124.thumb.jpeg.b69cf423b3dda7025c99c6b0cec39b71.jpeg

All I have to do is look out my hotel window to see Utopia. 

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.36116cc20c1993e124be24309596cbc7.jpeg

I guess my ship has finally come in. 

The sun will be fully up in the next 15 minutes. I'm near you and no rain here on the coast yesterday. It's usually also about 10 degrees hotter inland orlando where we get news from. Watching the sun come up. Good sailing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have been awake since 3am. No matter how many times you sail, you always rise early on boarding day

So true. Been awake since 3:30.

And while I can't see the ships from my hotel, they do have free and very muched needed coffee in the lobby 24 hours. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The sun will be fully up in the next 15 minutes. I'm near you and no rain here on the coast yesterday. It's usually also about 10 degrees hotter inland orlando where we get news from. Watching the sun come up. Good sailing.

Our weather looks good for boarding and sail away. 

IMG_7271.thumb.jpeg.f2e4f21f259562a5c92e5b4e1f910c09.jpeg

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So true. Been awake since 3:30.

And while I can't see the ships from my hotel, they do have free and very muched needed coffee in the lobby 24 hours. 

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

so true, and I just had mine.

I am doing the same. Though I suspect this will be the only similarity that my day has compared to that of the two of you.

• Haha 11

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

We live about 90 minutes northwest of PC, 45 minutes north from MCO. Absolutely poured rain, thunder, lightning ⛈️ at our house. Roads that don’t usually flood were flooded, tree branches down, all the fun things that usually come with our Central FL summer afternoon storms. Glad your travels were not affected.

I flew into MCO yesterday from NYC. My flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours as the plane was late coming up from West Palm Beach. Somehow JetBlue  managed to get 1 hour back as we landed only 1 1/2 hours late. Quickest turnaround time ever,  it seemed like they started boarding 5 seconds after the last passenger got off. And they must've had the supersonic turbo thrusters on the whole way down as we beat out estimated flying time too!

The delay probably saved me $20-$30 at the bar. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Daryl is getting excited to get back on a ship.  He was just looking at the ship in the daylight.  

IMG_2125.thumb.jpeg.33abffcf44a2f593e01b55d74fda4a12.jpeg

He was in a rush to get his luggage tag on, and he is impatiently waiting. 

IMG_2126.thumb.jpeg.b5d542b35dd2e62bd3eca19147283709.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

We will be experiencing a few firsts for us, besides the new ship.  

Susan and I travel with passports, but everyone else is traveling with birth certificates.  I will let you know how things go.  

My grandson from California had a passport before Covid, but it expired. So we have his original birth certificate, a notarized RC form from his parents saying we can take him, and a medical authorization form.  

My daughter has her BC, her marriage certificate to show name change, and her photo driver’s license.  The rest have their BC’s, since that is all that is required of her kids, and Son-in-law also has his photo driver’s license.  

And Daryl?   He insists he will be able to sneak onboard. 

• Like 10

Our boarding time is 10:30.  We were in California when check in opened, so we could do it at 9pm since it was midnight, east coast time.  No need to stay up late for that.  

IMG_1986.thumb.jpeg.2446bf0b3b978f050046e6e0bea54f5a.jpeg

• Like 5