Who else got scammed by PROMO?

Booked this cruise a year ago.  Primary factor being the PROMO's offered for the price.  Got on board and NONE of them are applied.  Customer Service onboard is NO help.  The chat on NCL website says I was "refunded" - check card - received $542 back on 7/18 (AFTER Final payment receipt on 4/1/2024.  No communication via email, app or any other method.  Guess NCL is stating all of the add ons (picture) is that value (Minus the prepaid service).  Several cruises on NCL and this will be the last.

image0.png

• Like 1

You're going to need to be a little more clear as to how you got 'scammed'.  What's the issue?  Did you not receive those items?  Are you saying that NCL, of their own accord, refunded your service charges for the beverage and dining plans and converted you to a non Free At Sea booking?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hallux,

I have no drink pass, I have no dining, I have no shore excursion discount, I have internet packages.  EVERYTHING on the promo is not applied.  Drink pass itself is a $1,962 alone. It appears they converted to a non Free at sea booking. AFTER FINAL PAYMENT!

Edited by Scottiedog473

That is both odd and concerning! 

There were a couple of people that saw the FreeAtSea stuff disappear from their booking recently, but it seemed like that was some IT glitch.

With you getting that refund it sounds more serious than that. 

I will certainly keep a close eye on my upcoming trips!

did you make any kind of pricing adjustments? like try to change cabins or request a lower price? sometimes this can be cause the free at sea promo to get removed or not applied correctly 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Belated welcome to CC.

Was this booked directly with NCL, via a TA and/or one of the big box store, etc.  Find it odd for NCL to refund using a "check card" ?? 

Confused here, and, of course, NCL's I.T. Dept. has been less than solid but they aren't alone ... odd things happening all over.  Call and speak to someone at NCL and if not resolved, escalate and ask for help from a supervisor.  Or, hang up and call again to speak to a different agent or rep from NCL.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Did you pay for this cruise with a debit card (which for some reason in Texas they call a 'check card')? Have you verified that you received the refund? Ask for a supervisor in Guest Services or the GM. Something is off somewhere.

A link to the post about someone having their package removed by mistake. The timing seems to be around the same time you got your refund (mid July). (And FWIW i read the "check card" as "check YOUR card" since we haven't had checks over here for many many years. Might be wrong though)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Did you pay for this cruise with a debit card (which for some reason in Texas they call a 'check card')? Have you verified that you received the refund? Ask for a supervisor in Guest Services or the GM. Something is off somewhere.

They are telling him to check his card.  He paid with an Amex card according to the screenshot he posted.

Am confused as your docs on the website clearly show what is included and/or purchased as below.  Shouldn't this have been caught and corrected by OP before boarding?  Don't they have at least an electronic copy with them?  Didn't they notice and question the sudden credit to their Amex card from NCL?

INCLUDED

1 x Shore Excursion Discount

2 x Prepaid Service Charge for Suites & The Haven

2 x 2 Meal Speciality Dining Package

2 x Internet Package (150 Minutes)

2 x UNLIMITED OPEN BAR PACKAGE 

• Haha 2

Not saying something DIDNT happen, but unless changes were made at a late date, something was added / put in a cart and not paid for, or someone got hold of your reservation somehow, I dont see how this would have happened.. If you have a fully paid confirmation, and you dont see any refunds on your cards, there is something else going on here. 

6 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

If you have a fully paid confirmation, and you dont see any refunds on your cards, there is something else going on here. 

I interpreted the first post as if OP did indeed see a refund to their card.

There seems to have been something added to the reservation around June 10 though since  some sort of payment was done according to the picture. How this could cause the FreeAtSea to disappear I have no idea.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I interpreted the first post as if OP did indeed see a refund to their card.

There seems to have been something added to the reservation around June 10 though since  some sort of payment was done according to the picture. How this could cause the FreeAtSea to disappear I have no idea.

Ahh I see that now.   Bummer if whoever was on the other end (if a TA or PCC) was just adding something but took something off.. Guess this is why I am horribly anal about almost weekly checking my reservation online. 

6 hours ago, Scottiedog473 said:

Several cruises on NCL and this will be the last.

Another satisfied customer, welcome to CC. On a more serious note, this does seem VERY odd indeed. Why would they refund you money? Something doesn't add up here for sure. When is the cruise date? I hope this is something that can be rectified before he sails.

37 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

When is the cruise date? I hope this is something that can be rectified before he sails.

Unfortunately I think OP already is onboard. First post says something like that. And if final pay was April 1st it makes sense they are onboard. It seems that's how they discovered the issue.

• Like 2

I suggest you check your email around July 18.  If there was a change to your reservation there should have been a new confirmation (and since it was after check-in, e-docs) emailed to you.  I would suggest that if you had reviewed your E-docs thoroughly when you did your check-in at 21 days before sailing you could have caught this, but it seems the refund came less than 21 days before the cruise so the e-docs printed at check-in time would NOT have reflected the change.

Had you caught the issue when it happened you could have called and gotten the packages added back and paid the fees and been happy.

Based on there being at least one previous instance of this it seems like a NASTY "glitch"...

Posted (edited)

I just prepaid my DSC and an Internet upgrade this afternoon. Got my receipt/ confirmation back from NCL and notice a major difference between mine and the OPs. Where the OP has the FAS options you will note it says ADD-ONS, mine says INCLUDED.

i would love to see the whole document that OP has posted but my guess is, he never paid for his add ons. Did he book a sail away rate?

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I just prepaid my DSC and an Internet upgrade this afternoon. Got my receipt/ confirmation back from NCL and notice a major difference between mine and the OPs. Where the OP has the FAS options you will note it says ADD-ONS, mine says INCLUDED.

i would love to see the whole document that OP has posted but my guess is, he never paid for his add ons. 

All of my purchased FAS says Add-ons.
And why would they be refunded if they hadn't been paid for? 

Edit: I also have a cruise without FAS booked and there is no mention of it or its components on that confirmation

Edited by Asawi

There's is another source for checking your amenities prior to boarding the ship.

When you complete your online checking (in your account), your amenities should be listed on one of the pages (page 6 in our caseimage.jpeg.c3daaa25edad45931e2ae60c149aa9fa.jpeg). 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

There's is another source for checking your amenities prior to boarding the ship.

When you complete your online checking (in your account), your amenities should be listed on one of the pages (page 6 in our caseimage.jpeg.c3daaa25edad45931e2ae60c149aa9fa.jpeg). 

I was going to suggest the same, but if you look at the timing of the refund it seems it may have been done AFTER check-in!  Unless... that refund is after whatever BS "refunds take 10 days to process" which would put the actual cancellation possibly before check-in, but in this case since it seems NCL is cancelling it somehow IS there a delay?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

An update from Cannes.

The refund was the beverage service charge and Dining service charge when they arbitrarily dropped free at sea from my booking.  The ship Customer Service was near worthless as we had to wait for Miami office to open.  The call line was worthless as it went to a UK agent that basically said it was my fault for not catching at checkin that items were dropped.  Chat on site said in a nut shell "you were refunded so be happy and shut up".

Finally clawed up the chain in Miami once that office opened and got Free at Sea restored and paid the refunded service charges.  No one was able to explain why this happed, there were no late changes to the itinerary, there was zero communication from me to NCL after final payment so no communication that could have been construed as a change.  I am at a mystery on the "How".  While I should be happy that it is now resolved, I remain upset about the fact that I had to dedicate the start of my vacation to resolve a NCL issue. All without even a "sorry we missed up".  

I appreciate the feedback and comments, IF I eventually find out the "how and why" I will post.

To also answer a question from above - booked directly with NCL and using an Amex card.

Edited by Scottiedog473
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

I'm glad you got the issue resolved. I had a travel agent once tell me that getting something done with NCL's customer service is hit or miss.  He ranked them dead last in terms of resolving an issue compared to other cruise lines.

5 hours ago, Scottiedog473 said:

Finally clawed up the chain in Miami once that office opened and got Free at Sea restored and paid the refunded service charges.  No one was able to explain why this happed, there were no late changes to the itinerary, there was zero communication from me to NCL after final payment so no communication that could have been construed as a change.  I am at a mystery on the "How".  While I should be happy that it is now resolved, I remain upset about the fact that I had to dedicate the start of my vacation to resolve a NCL issue. All without even a "sorry we missed up".  

I appreciate the feedback and comments, IF I eventually find out the "how and why" I will post.

To also answer a question from above - booked directly with NCL and using an Amex card.

Thanks for the update and I’ll glad that you stuck to your guns until you got a resolution. 

It would be interesting to know if you can ever find out what happened but I’m guessing you will not. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I'm glad it all worked out.

I still say that somewhere in your email in early to mid July you will have a revised confirmation that shows the removed items.  Any time ANYTHING changes on your booking (including making reservations for on-board) you typically get an email with a new PDF, how could this be different?

• Like 2