Platinum/Elite Lounge

57 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

It varies from ship to ship but presently on the Sun, the lounge is from 3:30-5:00 pm in the Eatery ( a portion of the buffet ). No true lounge nor live music as we tend to have on the other ships. 

that is the worstest place I have ever read that was where it was held.. that's pathetic

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

@Oxo well I guess your friends got a surprise. Not many cruise lines have free drinks. It’s usually pay as you go or some sort of drink package or yes Royal Caribbean has so many drinks per day “ free” if you’re at one of the high status levels. But oh well, I guess your friends enjoyed themselves .

I guess your friends didn’t read what was included in their cruise fare. Was this there first cruise ever?

Posted (edited)

D98954D1-825B-4DC9-BB14-C9E1CA812984.thumb.jpeg.f5174cdb64ba515d69f6a63958b7e689.jpegI have seen a few locations of the elite/platinum lounge on the Sun princess. I have seen it listed in Crooners as well. The venue probably depends on how many elite and platinum that they have onboard. Isn’t there a separate suite concierge lounge?

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, strobellayjam said:

It varies from ship to ship but presently on the Sun, the lounge is from 3:30-5:00 pm in the Eatery ( a portion of the buffet ). No true lounge nor live music as we tend to have on the other ships. 

Unbelieveable. Brand new ship without a lounge. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

D98954D1-825B-4DC9-BB14-C9E1CA812984.thumb.jpeg.f5174cdb64ba515d69f6a63958b7e689.jpegI have seen a few locations of the elite/platinum lounge on the Sun princess. I have seen it listed in Crooners as well. The venue probably depends on how many elite and platinum that they have onboard. Isn’t there a separate suite concierge lounge?

I noticed that it says, "Elite Lounge", rather than "Platinum/Elite Lounge". Have Platinum guests now been excommunicated?

@Teechur I don’t think platinum have been excluded. Maybe the platinum guests received a different letter? Maybe another way for Princess to confuse some people? ( example: salty dog grill,salty dog pub,reserve class dining, reservation,reservable, plus/ premier drink package,plus/ premier cruise fare,etc.)

If you are platinum,elite, or full suite check your cabin for information. If you don’t get a piece of paper telling information,ask cabin steward,guest services,etc. Sometimes cabin/stateroom lounge information gets misplaced,not delivered.

• Like 2

Currently on the July 28 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. When we boarded the hours were 4:30 to 6:30 in Skywalkers. Then after a couple days we got a notice delivered to our cabin saying the hours were extended to 4 to 7. Three full hours, that’s nice!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, warthog2608 said:

Currently on the July 28 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. When we boarded the hours were 4:30 to 6:30 in Skywalkers. Then after a couple days we got a notice delivered to our cabin saying the hours were extended to 4 to 7. Three full hours, that’s nice!

We have friends on the current sailing and we join on the 13th August. Thanks for the info. 

53 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Currently on the sky. Nothing in my cabin about it. Doesn’t matter because I am quarantined with Covid. Just shows the cabin steward didn’t do his job.

Well, I’m sorry that you are still quarantined in your cabin with Covid, but I’m assuming your cabin partner can come and go? Or are you sailing Solo? Either way ,yes exactly what I said in one of the above posts to others cruising ….

if you don’t see a piece of paper/card in your cabin about the elite/platinum/full suite lounge location & time -ask your room steward  or guest services etc. just pick up the phone in the cabin and call them .

Perhaps your traveling companion can ask for you or pick up the phone and have your cabin Steward deliver one ,hope you get out your cabin soon and feel better .

On 8/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, strobellayjam said:

Wow, that is unbelievably early. It also doesn't sound like an appealing venue at all either.  Does anyone attend?

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

Currently on the sky. Nothing in my cabin about it. Doesn’t matter because I am quarantined with Covid. Just shows the cabin steward didn’t do his job.

It should have been in your folder in your room on embarkation day. 

On 8/3/2024 at 1:17 PM, amajaa said:

It varies by ship in our experience.

We have been Elite for the last 5 or 6 cruises and never been to the Lounge. What is the benefit?  We looked in once and it just seemed to be finger snacks. We always eat early but even if we didn't it would be spoiling our meal if we started tucking into snacks.  You don't get discounted drinks or anything do you? 

Btw had to Google TANSTAAFD 😂😂

There are discounted drinks available.  Only cocktails though, not beer or wine as I recall.

On some ships it is held in an appealing space.  I like Skywalkers and One5. I agree that it isn't interesting to sit in the Vista Lounge and I definitely can't see an advantage to a special space in the buffet.

We often have brunch rather than eating lunch and never have dinner before seven so a small snack around 5 is very welcome. If they are offering nice bites like sushi or steak tartare, it makes my day! If it's cheese and crackers that you could grab in the buffet, I wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

There should be a one sheet piece of paper in your cabin if you are eligible for the lounge that gives specifics about hours and location. It is usually in a pile on the desk when you embark. Many people think the whole pile is advertising and toss them

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

There should be a one sheet piece of paper in your cabin if you are eligible for the lounge that gives specifics about hours and location. It is usually in a pile on the desk when you embark. Many people think the whole pile is advertising and toss them

I’m elite but saw no pile of paper. Maybe our cabin steward is not very good. 

8 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I’m elite but saw no pile of paper. Maybe our cabin steward is not very good. 

No first day patter ?  No ads for art auction etc ?

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Well, I’m sorry that you are still quarantined in your cabin with Covid, but I’m assuming your cabin partner can come and go? Or are you sailing Solo? Either way ,yes exactly what I said in one of the above posts to others cruising ….

if you don’t see a piece of paper/card in your cabin about the elite/platinum/full suite lounge location & time -ask your room steward  or guest services etc. just pick up the phone in the cabin and call them .

Perhaps your traveling companion can ask for you or pick up the phone and have your cabin Steward deliver one ,hope you get out your cabin soon and feel better .

I’m traveling with my husband and his cousin in another cabin. They have been enjoying the cruise I planned. I totally forgot about the P/E lounge. Doesn’t matter because his cousin is on her first Princess cruise and has food allergies so couldn’t eat there anyway. It’s really not an issue. 

Just now, dickinson said:

Had the Patter but no art auction 

Was that the only piece of paper ?  Usually there are many things regarding elite benefits like the lounge, grapevine etc. Gave you gotten those in the past ?  If I didn’t see things I usually see I would be asking questions

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

Was that the only piece of paper ?  Usually there are many things regarding elite benefits like the lounge, grapevine etc. Gave you gotten those in the past ?  If I didn’t see things I usually see I would be asking questions

No. Don’t remember getting a lot of paperwork. That night is when I started getting a sore throat that turned into Covid. We actually don’t do the wine tasting. It’s all moot now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2024 at 3:09 PM, Torfamm said:

Wow, that is unbelievably early. It also doesn't sound like an appealing venue at all either.  Does anyone attend?

Not many from what we saw but then again we were on a busy Med itinerary so many our out at excursions (or recovering from them!)

3 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

Not many from what we saw but then again we were on a busy Med itinerary so many our out at excursions (or recovering from them!)

That makes the choice of an afternoon happy hour seem even stranger. You’re right, many would still be on excursions for sure