Price for individual drinks

We are not big drinkers so the price per person per day for a drinks package seems excessive.
On our last few cruises a basic drinks package was included so we did not think about it, but sadly not this time.

Does anyone have a list or rough idea of the price of a glass/bottle of wine and coffees in al bacio please so that we could decide if it would be worth it.

We probably drink one ‘special” coffee per day plus a glass or two of wine with dinner. Our cruise is also port intensive 

Thank you in advance for any information 

Regular coffee ( black americano) at Il Bacio was $5 each. Glass of basic wine started at $10, I think cocktails were around $14 and upwards. That was out of Southampton, so the ‘gratuity’ on the drink was included in the price. I thought the drink package prices were extortionate, so we pay as we go.

We would have spent more on coffee on board, but very often, we couldn’t find any unoccupied chairs in il Bacio, although they did direct us to empty tables in the nearby bistro before they started serving lunch. As our cruise was port intensive, we had our caffeine fix ashore instead, at half the price and twice the quality!

We also brought onboard a bottle of wine (I’d have brought two but that was a bit heavy) plus some cans of our preferred caffeine free Diet Coke, which I didn’t see on board. 
We otherwise drank plain water from the tap or dispensers, used the good selection of teas in the buffet, and made our own hot drinks in the cabin. We only had juice at breakfast from the machines in the buffet, I don’t drink fizzy drinks, and husband only drinks one can a day.

I know some people prefer the freedom with the drinks package of not having to worry about totting up their expenditure. I’d be doing the opposite, doing all the adding up while worrying whether I was getting my money’s worth! Also I’d struggle to pay such a big mark up over the cost of a whole bottle of wine at home. 
Hope this was of some help. We are not heavy drinkers, dont drink bottled waters or multiple fizzy drinks, so not worth it for us, and I didn’t keep note of the other prices.  If you are into milk shakes, multiple cans of fizz and pretty cocktails, the package could work for you. Hopefully someone can help out with more prices.

Thank you so much for that detailed reply. Sounds like we’re just like you and not big drinkers either alcohol or fizzy drinks so we’ ll pay as we go for the occasional indulgence.

Drinks menus in this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2996575-2024-celberity-cruise-drink-menues-with-prices/

You need to do some maths based on how many drinks you will have a day then compare to drinks packages prices, bearing in mind discounts you will be offered - currently 40% on the trip we are taking.

• Thanks 1

For basic cocktails like Pina Colada, margaritas, Bloody Mary, daquari, gin & tonic, rum and coke, cosmo, vodka & cranberry etc will be $10 or less.

If you want top shelf liquor then you are in the $14+ range.  
Coffees and teas from Al Bacio without alcohol are $5-6. 
Add 20% gratuity to these prices. 

Keep in mind that menus from the UK are inclusive of perpetuity while other menus such as these will have the gratuity added to them. The total will be the same, it’s just how they are presented.

IMG_0808.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

Glass of wine starts at $10 but more often around $15 plus 20% gratuity.

Also, for US departure each adult can bring aboard 1 bottle of wine (750ml) that has to opened and poured in the cabin to avoid the corkage fee.

9 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Glass of wine starts at $10 but more often around $15 plus 20% gratuity.

Also, for US departure each adult can bring aboard 1 bottle of wine (750ml) that has to opened and poured in the cabin to avoid the corkage fee.

If you have a drink package, no corkage fee..

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if we are allowed to take a bottle of wine / cans of soft drinks on board if sailing out of Southampton as the Celebrity website seems to indicate that these will be confiscated? We are also not big drinkers of alcohol or specialty coffees, so the cost of buying a drinks package is definitely not cost effective!

Is cider served on board in any of the bars, as I can't see any listed on the menus in the app.

Thank you!

On 8/6/2024 at 9:13 AM, cruisestitch said:

Keep in mind that menus from the UK are inclusive of perpetuity while other menus such as these will have the gratuity added to them. The total will be the same, it’s just how they are presented.

L

Well, if my menu selections are applicable in perpetuity I’m going with:

red-Cab Sav

white - Riesling 

cocktail - Manhattan

beer - Beck’s

(haha Sorry to troll, I appreciate your contributions here 😉 )

19 minutes ago, SkiPro62 said:

Well, if my menu selections are applicable in perpetuity I’m going with:

red-Cab Sav

white - Riesling 

cocktail - Manhattan

beer - Beck’s

(haha Sorry to troll, I appreciate your contributions here 😉 )

Mine are a little different:

Red:  depends on beef, pork, chicken, or fish

White:  Champagne only

Cocktail:  Many, depends on my mood but mostly New Fashioned, Old Fashioned, Tequila Old Fashioned, Sidecar, Espresso Martini, G&T, Cucumber Martini, etc.. 

Beer:  Only if I have to. 

Sorry, not sorry. 

20 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I think you are misreading the information on the website.  Spirits are not allowed but you may bring a bottle of wine on board with you.

Strongbow cider is available at most bars 

Thank you, but under the FAQ's What Not To Pack (Prohibited Items) it lists

Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages****

****Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

It was seeing this which prompted my question.

I've just located the Drinks specific FAQs you referred to & it does indeed state that a bottle of wine & soft drinks are allowed so thanks for highlighting that for me. The website is clearly contradictory in one FAQ section to the other! 

Glad we will be able to enjoy a glass of cider if we so wish too.

Thanks for confirming.