First Oceania cruise

NJ Gal

16 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just got an email saying I had to watch the safety video within 72 hours of embarkation.  I clicked on the link in the email and watched the video.  How does O know we watched it?  There was nothing to identify us.

@Daniel A You must be very excited.  Get ready to get that same request several more times.  Why they do that, the lord only knows.  I lost count on how many times they sent the link to me.  The bottom line is, not sure they know if you watched it or not.  You will have to watch it or something just like it when you get to your cabin also.  Kind of like many cruise brands want you to do a picture when you check in.  Then take a picture of you at the port.  

Enjoy your cruise, have a great time.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just got an email saying I had to watch the safety video within 72 hours of embarkation.  I clicked on the link in the email and watched the video.  How does O know we watched it?  There was nothing to identify us.

Everything Gary said in his post. Here’s the best thing to do. Watch it once to familiarize yourself with the process. For all subsequent emails just delete them. When you get on board do what they tell you concerning checking in at your muster station. Once you get in your room watch it on the TV to unlock the TV. After that go about your business and enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Once you get in your room watch it on the TV to unlock the TV. After that go about your business and enjoy your cruise. 

We usually 'watch" the video on our cabin TV as we're enjoying cocktails on our balcony...😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think they care less about whether you watched it or not than being able to document that you were provided the opportunity and directed to watch it a number of times and if you chose not to and later tried to sue them for some issue related to shipboard safety/evacuation, that's on you.

• Like 6

I just checked our forecast while we're in Bermuda.  Looks like we won't be getting any sunshine there.  Some rain and showers but 'considerable cloudiness.'  Let's hope that changes...

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked our forecast while we're in Bermuda.  Looks like we won't be getting any sunshine there.  Some rain and showers but 'considerable cloudiness.'  Let's hope that changes...

Don't pay too much attention to forecasts for Bermuda on US-based sites like Weather Channel and Accuweather.

Most of the time if there are showers they're brief.

The Bermuda Weather Service at https://weather.bm/ is a more reliable forecast source. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/13/2024 at 12:37 PM, Cruzin Terri said:

Gary, this area is open to Concierge and above.

Terri

I think you may be referring to the Helipad which is open for Concierge and Above for Sail Aways on certain day.

I believe the OP was talking about the Retreat Sundeck -    This area on most ships have a hot tub and a Swimming pool on E-Class.   If it is the Retreat Sundeck it is only open to SS and above.    The Retreat Sundeck is only available on E-Class and ships that have gone through Revolution.

On ships that have not gone through Revolution it is still a Forward facing  Sun Bathing area and is open to all passengers.

To my knowledge the Helipad  with a hot tub is only available to crew.    I've sailed in Penthouses many times and never given access. (nor would I want to go there to use the tub)

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think you may be referring to the Helipad which is open for Concierge and Above for Sail Aways on certain day.

I believe the OP was talking about the Retreat Sundeck -    This area on most ships have a hot tub and a Swimming pool on E-Class.   If it is the Retreat Sundeck it is only open to SS and above.    The Retreat Sundeck is only available on E-Class and ships that have gone through Revolution.

On ships that have not gone through Revolution it is still a Forward facing  Sun Bathing area and is open to all passengers.

To my knowledge the Helipad  with a hot tub is only available to crew.    I've sailed in Penthouses many times and never given access. (nor would I want to go there to use the tub)

@Jim_Iain On Oceania Cruises, there is an area on the bigger ships (maybe the smaller ones also but I only cruised the bigger ships) that is private access.  It is in front of the spa.  It has sun loungers, a thermal kind of spa and some also have hot tubs.  This area is complementary to the Concierge level and above.  Other guest can also pay for entry.  It is not like the Retreat on Celebrity or the Haven on NCL.  

@Cruzin Terri was simply clarifying a post I had done earlier where I did not clarify who has complementary access.  Terri's comment to me was simply an accurate clarification so others would not be confused.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1