Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Good night. When is your next trip for us to follow?

Tentatively September 16 on Celebrity Reflection. If not then a Halloween cruise is in the works most likely on Carnival, they really do great job with Halloween. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Tentatively September 16 on Celebrity Reflection. If not then a Halloween cruise is in the works most likely on Carnival, they really do great job with Halloween. 

That is pleasingly soon. 😀

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Nice sunrise this morning 

20240818_065558.jpg

I missed it. Only time I will catch a sunrise but that's ok at least I caught a sunset.

11 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

That is pleasingly soon. 😀

Fingers crossed 😀

• Like 2

Based on your experience getting off of the ship, I hope the timing works for us.  Our flight is at 10:10am.  American changed it from 10:30am - after we booked.  The time was already out of our comfort zone, but it was then, or wait until an afternoon flight.  Since our daughter and children have to go back to school the next day, they wanted to get back home earlier.  DH and I would have waited for the afternoon flight.

Hope you have a safe travel home!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Based on your experience getting off of the ship, I hope the timing works for us.  Our flight is at 10:10am.  American changed it from 10:30am - after we booked.  The time was already out of our comfort zone, but it was then, or wait until an afternoon flight.  Since our daughter and children have to go back to school the next day, they wanted to get back home earlier.  DH and I would have waited for the afternoon flight.

Scary! But at least the airport is close.

Enjoy your cruise and thank you for reminding me how lucky I am to drive to Port 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

+2.2 for a total of 15.8. I got some work to do. 

Screenshot_20240818-062351_Pacer.thumb.jpg.93e4620fd3f7eeec94f2396598f03190.jpg

But a lot of that will go, without any particular effort, just by reverting to normal eating and drinking.

• Like 2

Just now, exlondoner said:

But a lot of that will go, without any particular effort, just by reverting to normal eating and drinking.

That has been the case before, but I admit I'm a bit nervous as I've had trouble getting it off since dropping this low. It would be terrible if I don't make up the lost ground in a timely fashion. 

I've started my fasting already. Did not do breakfast or my delicious coffee one last time. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

And just like that I'm back home and getting ready to go earn some money to do it all again.

Not sure my schedule but I will post my final thoughts in the next couple days.

How far do you live from PE?

Just now, colesc15 said:

Jealous of this! We have to fly for each of our cruises. And just about always have a layover. 

Yes but think how many more cruises you would try to squeeze in if it wasn't so much hassle 

😆 

• Haha 1

have a safe trip home!  

say hi to mom for me, missed her this trip. btw, did you find her any ducks?

if possible let us know when your next trip is hopefully i'll be on time and you won't need that button!!

thanks for taking us along

hugs from texas!

Edited by princess76021
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

have a safe trip home!  

say hi to mom for me, missed her this trip. btw, did you find her any ducks?

if possible let us know when your next trip is hopefully i'll be on time and you won't need that button!!

thanks for taking us along

hugs from texas!

Found four ducks! 

Thanks for following along.

I'll be sure to post here when I start the next one 😀

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Found four ducks! 

Thanks for following along.

I'll be sure to post here when I start the next one 😀

she will be very happy with those!!

if i don't find you tell someone to find me !!! (like they did this time!)

hugs

Edited by princess76021
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Don't sweat it, just self-disembark and you'll be fine.  I've been through security and sitting at my gate at FLL around 8:00 many times.

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

About 1.5 hours in light traffic. 

You must live in Jupiter.  Did yow see FHP doing speed enforcement north of PGA this morning. Their plane was in the air for quite a while. I live just south of PGA and it is one hour from my door to walking on the ship.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I am considering Mardi Gras for Halloween. How does Carnival differ from Royal for Halloween? 

22 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Those little tarts are good enough to be in the al bacon case. Most of that plate was good which is really saying something when you consider how much I'd already eaten.

Glad you found something al bacon worthy! I'll search for them on our cruise.

Look forward to your live review on Reflection. If I can't be on board, having you there is the next best thing!

Thanks for another great review! I enjoyed sailing along. I'll continue to pray for your mom. Hope all goes well with her appointment and possible surgery. Take care!

• Like 1