I am new

george35

Ok I am new at celebrity but I am D+ on RCL. I booked ( of course my wife is going ) a 13 nt cruise on the APEX  from  from NoV. 10 TO THE 13TH. What can I expect as a RCL traveler??

george35  

For one thing as D+ you will share in the reciprocal benefits of the Celebrity Captains Club Elite+ level.  You should contact Celebrity Captains Club at 800-760-0654 to enroll and get account numbers to start earning cruise points with them.  Keep in mind any points earned with either line remains with the line on which you sail.

Here is a copy of the Celebrity CC benefits description PDF for your review before your cruise:

Captains-Club-Benefits-Brochure-12-2023 (3).pdf

Posted (edited)

You will find Celebrity to be basically the opposite of RCCL in that RCCL's primary target demographics is families, and as you are familiar, their ships reflect that with their amusement park type venues.  Celebrity's primary target demographics is adults 45+/- and up, and none of their ships have any of those type venues on board.  Their cruising style is more traditional and laid back.

Celebrity ships in general are also smaller and with less passenger capacity with Apex, as example, holding about 2,900 passengers.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Entertainment on E class is really good , not equal to Oasis class but good . Buffet is an improvement over rccl , I really prefer rccl perks. You do get some free drinks between 5 and 7 I believe but not premium. 

@george35, make sure you have a Captains club account number set up and linked to your RCL account. I believe they want you to have login and password to be the same for both websites.

With Celebrity your D+ status will equate to Elite +, which grants you 2 bags laundry, 240 internet minutes which you can use in increments, unlimited non alcoholic drinks at Cafe al Bacio, happy hour drinks at most bars from 5-7, instead of 5 drinks anytime on RCL. Also drinks at happy hour is limited menu and NOT premium labels. Celebrity has a special elite breakfast limited menu with non hot items, but you can get typical mimosa, specialty coffees complimentary during service hours. Your Day1 letter will indicate venue.

Review benefits on Celebrity website or link in previous post.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@george35, make sure you have a Captains club account number set up and linked to your RCL account. I believe they want you to have login and password to be the same for both websites.

No, they don't have to be the same login or password.  And just to be clear "linking" only relates to confirming tier level reciprocity as points earned with each remain separate.  All we did originally when creating our Celebrity account years ago was provide our RCCL C & A numbers to the Captains Club rep.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No they don't have to be the same login or password.  And to be clear "linking" only relates to confirming tier level reciprocity as points earned with each remain seperate.

For me, I am using the same login/user ID for both websites. The password then seems to have to be the same. To me this makes it easier.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, wallyj said:

For me, I am using the same login/user ID for both websites. The password then seems to have to be the same. To me this makes it easier.

That's fine and not challenging your preference and that it may be easier.  But it's not necessary to have the password be the same, even if you use the same login, which is what I was responding to. They are separate accounts through separate cruise lines.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That's fine and not challenging your preference and that it may be easier.  But it's not necessary to have the password be the same, even if you use the same login, which is what I was responding to. They are separate accounts through separate cruise lines.

Maybe it just me, but when I logged into celebrity website awhile ago, I thought I setup a different password than the one I had for royal. It did not recognize it and asked me to reset. I created a new password. Afterwards, I went to login at Royal, it did not recognize the password I had been using, but then I tried the new one I had set for celebrity and it worked, so this is why I feel they want you to use the same ID and password for both sites. Believe this issue started right after they said the new updated reciprocal levels would be completed.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, wallyj said:

Maybe it just me, but when I logged into celebrity website awhile ago, I thought I setup a different password than the one I had for royal. It did not recognize it and asked me to reset. I created a new password. Afterwards, I went to login at Royal, it did not recognize the password I had been using, but then I tried the new one I had set for celebrity and it worked, so this is why I feel they want you to use the same ID and password for both sites. Believe this issue started right after they said the new updated reciprocal levels would be completed.

I can only provide my experience, and for a number of reasons going back over the years, each password has changed more than once.  Although I use the same email login for both accounts they each have different passwords. (BTW that email has changed over the years as well). I've also not changed either since the reciprocity update effective June 5 and still have access to both. 

As mentioned before, they are separate accounts, and the only cross reference I recall for each was through my TA (who set up the accounts at the time) providing my RCCL numbers to Celebrity when they set up those Captain's Club accounts a number of years ago. Again, just my experience.

19 hours ago, george35 said:

Ok I am new at celebrity but I am D+ on RCL. I booked ( of course my wife is going ) a 13 nt cruise on the APEX  from  from NoV. 10 TO THE 13TH. What can I expect as a RCL traveler??

george35  

We are Elite on Celebrity, but we have sailed several RCCL cruises.

Others have pointed out the benefits you will get; they are not the same by any means, but your status will get you some perks.

The Apex is a GREAT ship (Eclass is my favorite--have sailed Edge 2x, Beyond 2x & Apex, with Ascent booked for Dec). Just a lovely ship. 4 small MDRs, each with its own theme & menu (while each still has the daily changing menu as well). Eden is a fantastic restaurant--book ASAP.

The INT & OV rooms are generally the same size & plan as balconies.

Now, most balconies are IV (infinite verandah) which are a polarizing topic--some HATE them. We rather like them as they extend the room size. We find them similar to a covered balcony when using them. The cons: window mechanism can be loud & A/C shuts off when it is open.

Eclass entertainment is some of the best at sea--definitely better than our Anthem cruise last fall. I find it similar to RCCL & NCL's broadway level shows.

I think you will have a great time...there will be far less children (especially that time of year). 

Have fun!

On 8/8/2024 at 6:36 PM, wallyj said:

I had something similar happen a few months ago. I reset my password after an IT glitch at Royal and it automatically reset my Celebrity password to the same thing. Oh well, it's easier to remember this way. 🙂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I had something similar happen a few months ago. I reset my password after an IT glitch at Royal and it automatically reset my Celebrity password to the same thing. Oh well, it's easier to remember this way. 🙂 

@leaveitallbehind, here is another example that my situation is not unique and Royal/Celebrity IT has decided they want you to have same password for both websites.

16 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@leaveitallbehind, here is another example that my situation is not unique and Royal/Celebrity IT has decided they want you to have same password for both websites.

Same here, after the 'password glitch' I've been made to have same password for both sites. If I change it on Royal then go to X and enter the old password it gets rejected. I have to enter the new password from Royal on X website

23 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I can only provide my experience, and for a number of reasons going back over the years, each password has changed more than once.  Although I use the same email login for both accounts they each have different passwords. (BTW that email has changed over the years as well). I've also not changed either since the reciprocity update effective June 5 and still have access to both. 

As mentioned before, they are separate accounts, and the only cross reference I recall for each was through my TA (who set up the accounts at the time) providing my RCCL numbers to Celebrity when they set up those Captain's Club accounts a number of years ago. Again, just my experience.

I am another here who had my RCCL and Celebrity accounts synced to the same email username and password a couple of years back.  Changing the pw on one account changes it on the other.

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 6:11 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

No, they don't have to be the same login or password.  And just to be clear "linking" only relates to confirming tier level reciprocity as points earned with each remain separate.  All we did originally when creating our Celebrity account years ago was provide our RCCL C & A numbers to the Captains Club rep.

Are you sure about that? For the last five years or so, every time I change the password  on my RCI account, it changes the password on my Celebrity account (or vice versa). The first few times it happened I wasn’t sure what was going on, but once I figured out what happened, it was no big deal. I have had the same experience every time I have changed my password. 

Since I was curious, I just changed the password on my RCI account. Like I expected, it also changed the password on my Celebrity account. I use the same login name (e-mail address) for both sites, so that could possibly be why changing the password on one account always changes the password on the other account???

EDIT. I just read the rest of the comments in this thread. Sounds like several others have the same experience as I do. It makes sense to me since it is obvious RCI and Celebrity are using the same software for both their websites and their apps. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1