New Unlimited Features Make Princess Cruises' Premier Package the Best Value in Cruising

LACruiser88

45 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

We are Elite on the Sun for September - have been trying for 6 months to make reservations and each time on the APP - not available at this time and calling into Dining weekly still not available and yesterday people said - sorry but everything is reserved - will have to do once onboard the ship? Sailed on  Sapphire in March 32 days and we had reservations before we ever left and each night watching the "crowds"line up everywhere trying to get in and very unhappy passengers" cannot even imagine the lines with the ship this size - so being Elite has not helped us

Same with us. It's getting a little tiring at this point. I'm only concerned that once on the ship the DR times I want will be filled & I'll be stuck waiting in the non-reservation line.

39 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

I wonder if there will be any compensation if you purchase premier and are not able to make any SD reservations in advance or on the ship.  We have always booked premier and usually booked our cruise early.  Booking early will now be more important in order to book a few nights.  We like the MDR so will probably stay with 2 SD per week of cruise at most.

Then why purchase Premier if your only going to eat in SD 2 times? Unless you're planning on doing some heavy drinking? 

7 minutes ago, CruisinChandler said:

@JimmyVWine I'm curious, do you have the Premier package? If so, were you able to make reservations without paying for them? We have Premier, but every time I try to make a specialty dining reservation, the app wants to charge me. Just curious if I'm doing something wrong. I have been able to make MDR reservations.

Same here.  The app defaults to charging you.  I have Premier on my upcoming Sun cruise; and to avoid that charge, I called them up for the reservations.  The *$%^!*% chat feature has never worked successfully for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruisinChandler said:

@JimmyVWine I'm curious, do you have the Premier package? If so, were you able to make reservations without paying for them? We have Premier, but every time I try to make a specialty dining reservation, the app wants to charge me. Just curious if I'm doing something wrong. I have been able to make MDR reservations.

Yes, I have Premier for both of my upcoming cruises.  For my cruise on Sun in September I was not charged.  I have another cruise in 2026 on Sky and for that one I can make reservations, but if I do I will be charged.  I am not overly concerned about that one since it is almost 2 years from now.  I will get things squared away between now and then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We've sailed on Regal and Sapphire in the past few months and neither time was Alfredos a ghost town. A few weeks ago on Sapphire there was a waiting line and full tables both times we ate there. 

How long were the voyages?

6 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

If they fix their system so that you can prebook the SDs without prepaying, we’d be very tempted to bump up to the new Premier. But not until then. 

I originally booked with Plus. Emailed my CVP last Friday to upgrade to Premier. As soon as he emailed me back saying he had made the change and before I even paid the additional amount I was able to book SD on the app without paying. Literally within minutes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes, I have Premier for both of my upcoming cruises.  For my cruise on Sun in September I was not charged.  I have another cruise in 2026 on Sky and for that one I can make reservations, but if I do I will be charged. 

2 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Emailed my CVP last Friday to upgrade to Premier. As soon as he emailed me back saying he had made the change and before I even paid the additional amount I was able to book SD on the app without paying. 

It's so odd that it works for some and not others. We're all using the same app.

• Like 1

Those who have been pining for the days of all inclusive cruising should be pleased.  This is a move in that direction.  I was planning on booking Plus after embarkation for our April trip.  I think it might be wise to go ahead and book it now.  I smell a Plus price increase coming.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, whitecap said:

I didn't see any post by "Karen", must have missed it.  I did see a post where someone voiced their opinion about desserts.  Here is what I wish Princess would get rid of:  smoking anywhere on the ship; any animal that has not been certified as a "Service Dog" with proper paperwork from a medical official; guys like me, fat, ugh sorry, obese wearing speedos; people who use so much cologne/perfume their presence is smelled long after they have gone; and people who standing a food line, eating and handling food utensils.  Just to name a few.  Now back to the original topic.

All that is coming in the future.  It’s called the Karen Package.  No price announced yet.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

All that is coming in the future.  It’s called the Karen Package.  

Would that be a package where the person is considered privileged and expects to get anything and everything they want, when they want it and will throw a fit if it doesn't happen?  I'd buy that one!!! 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Those who have been pining for the days of all inclusive cruising should be pleased.  This is a move in that direction.  I was planning on booking Plus after embarkation for our April trip.  I think it might be wise to go ahead and book it now.  I smell a Plus price increase coming.

While the safe money is always on betting on price increases, here, the price increase to Premier came with a fairly significant change.  I doubt that they will roll out a price increase to Plus without also adding an additional perk or two.  It's not likely that they are working on a press release that says: "Pay $10 extra for Premier and get unlimited everything!  Pay $10 more for Plus and get bupkis!"  So if an increase is coming, so too must a change. What do you suppose it will be?  2 included SD visits?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes, I have Premier for both of my upcoming cruises.  For my cruise on Sun in September I was not charged.  I have another cruise in 2026 on Sky and for that one I can make reservations, but if I do I will be charged.  I am not overly concerned about that one since it is almost 2 years from now.  I will get things squared away between now and then. 

Why were you not charged for the package on Sun?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

While the safe money is always on betting on price increases, here, the price increase to Premier came with a fairly significant change.  I doubt that they will roll out a price increase to Plus without also adding an additional perk or two.  It's not likely that they are working on a press release that says: "Pay $10 extra for Premier and get unlimited everything!  Pay $10 more for Plus and get bupkis!"  So if an increase is coming, so too must a change. What do you suppose it will be?  2 included SD visits?  

We don’t bother with casual dining, specialty dining or mega-desserts.  Room service might be once per cruise.  We buy the Plus package for drinks, internet, crew appreciation, lots of bottled water and a couple specialty coffees a day. Not many of our drinks are over $10. It saves us money.  But there is nothing we lack. I don’t want to pay more for more that we wouldn’t use.  

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 6

The rollout schedule for the Princess Premier package enhancements is as follows:

• Enchanted Princess: August 31
  • Majestic Princess; Sky Princess: September 1
  • Crown Princess: September 2
  • Ruby Princess: September 3
  • Grand Princess: September 4
  • Emerald Princess; Discovery Princess; Sun Princess: September 7
  • Caribbean Princess; Regal Princess: September 12
  • Royal Princess; Sapphire Princess: September 14
  • Island Princess: September 25
  • Diamond Princess: September 26
  • Coral Princess: October 17

Hi All, just called Princess to upgrade my current premium package and i was told by them that i couldn't upgrade until my ship is rolled out and  active ( Enchanted Aug 31st) . I certainly understand not being able to start using the new package until after Aug 31 , but not being able to reserve the package before then seems odd. My sailing is on Sept 21. I'm seeing on here folks have already procured the new package upgrade or am i mistaken?. Before I call them back and hopefully get a different agent, it would be good to be armed with some facts. Thanks !

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

If they fix their system so that you can prebook the SDs without prepaying, we’d be very tempted to bump up to the new Premier. But not until then. 

Amen!!!!

We have pre-paid for two SD,  Can't get it refunded, except for refundable OBC after we cruise.  And I sure am hoping that Princess has this thing with non-refundable OBC being used up first sorted out.   

That SD is an extra, that should always be refundable...  no way they should keep that money in their pocket. 

Edited by Wishing on a star

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Thank you for posting this. I’m sure many will be happy at this news. As people who don’t get the packages, we predict a further decline in the specialty dining experience. I guess it will fill up Alfredo’s which has become a ghost town since they brought in the charges. Crown grill will be hard to get into for a special evening if Premier package users can go there every night. As it is, on our last cruise it was packed nightly and servers were over run. Not an experience for a special evening. 
Unlimited drinks? 15 wasn’t enough I guess. More and more we feel like we are on a “party cruise” on Princess as people try to get their moneys worth out of their packages. May be time to move on.

All luxury cruise lines (Regent, Ponant, Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal, ...) also have unlimited drinks.  Do you consider them a "party" or Carnaval-like style cruise, too?

• Like 2

Interesting...  the PR says 'starting today'

The enhanced Premier package is on sale today for Princess voyages departing from North America and tomorrow, August 16, for voyages departing from all other destinations, for sailings on or after August 31.

And, I don't see the two new ships listed?

Wonder how it will work out on them?

We recently added the PREMIER package on the Sun.

8 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

We don’t bother with casual dining, specialty dining or mega-desserts.  Room service might be once per cruise.  We buy the Plus package for drinks, internet, crew appreciation, lots of bottled water and a couple specialty coffees a day. Not many of our drinks are over $10. It saves us money.  But there is nothing we lack. I don’t want to pay more for more that we wouldn’t use.  

But...but...but...PRIZES!!!

• Haha 6

Jimmy,  more specifically, the question is, why are some people booking SD and it is not being charged if they have a package...  But some people who also have a package, the system is having them pre-pay for it.

I just chalk that up to 'Princess'...  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grimace95120 said:

Hi All, just called Princess to upgrade my current premium package and i was told by them that i couldn't upgrade until my ship is rolled out and  active ( Enchanted Aug 31st)

How much do you want to wager that if you call two more times you will get two different answers.  The release does say "on sale today" and "on sale tomorrow."  The roll-out is when people will first be able to access the new benefits.  I think that the person you spoke with was wrong.  Shocking!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Jimmy,  more specifically, the question is, why are some people booking SD and it is not being charged if they have a package...  But some people who also have a package, the system is having them pre-pay for it.

Wish I could answer that.  And it's not just "some people can and some people can't."  I am one person, and for one cruise it worked and for the other it won't.  I assume that my cruise two years into the future is just too far out for the system to get it right and I assumed that as I get closer in time this issue will resolve.  Recall that there was a period of time when they were making changes to the system and all dining reservations were locked out.  Once they opened, (about 6 months before my next cruise), I had no problems making "included" reservations and getting charged for Spellbound and Love by Britto. 

Posted (edited)

Not so sure sure about New Premier has reserved seating for all shows or just production shows cause there is conflicting wording in several places

Edited by gailisacruzin
Bad spelling

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

not a fan - but on the SUN P - I WILL use the work-around to cash out my OBC from prepaid specialty dining that was included with the Premier package.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

So if an increase is coming, so too must a change. What do you suppose it will be? 

I'll bet $$$ that it will be unlimited casual dining.  That has been one of the biggest complaints on Plus.  No matter how long the cruise, it was only 2 casual dining. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1