Constellation Refurbished?

hcruise5

Constellation was refreshed earlier this year. I was on in June and all the public spaces had new carpet and were looking great. My Deluxe Oceanview cabin had not been updated. Constellation is in great condition and I would very happily sail on her again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Public spaces were refreshed just before the restart in November 2021, along with all of the suites.  All soft goods and furniture had been swapped out in our RS.  A large amount of work had been in public spaces - most of the soft goods changed out.

Additional attention was given to public spaces and certain aspects of the rest of the ship during April 2024.  Sounds like a lot of tired stateroom sofas got new upholstery.

Here's a jpg of something that was posted 'elsewhere' on a site not to me mentioned here.  This is all related to the April 2024 work:

ConstellationRefurb2024.jpg.d42848e0186c79e54ade34e770b0d54e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Most of the public spaces have been refreshed in the last couple of years.  The staterooms, other than the suites have had little done in the last 10+ years.

We noticed that when we were on last Dec but our Sky Suite was in the worse state of condition than any that we have experienced over the years of cruising, so I trust that was addressed with the recent refurb. 

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Public spaces were refreshed just before the restart in November 2021, along with all of the suites.  All soft goods and furniture had been swapped out in our RS.  A large amount of work had been in public spaces - most of the soft goods changed out.

Additional attention was given to public spaces and certain aspects of the rest of the ship during April 2024.  Sounds like a lot of tired stateroom sofas got new upholstery.

Here's a jpg of something that was posted 'elsewhere' on a site not to me mentioned here.  This is all related to the April 2024 work:

ConstellationRefurb2024.jpg.d42848e0186c79e54ade34e770b0d54e.jpg

I beg to differ as regards updating suites.  We sailed an S1 Sky Suite B2B the January after restart.  The cabin had not been updated at all.  The TV was small and did not even have access to our account online, nor movie channels.  The balcony furniture was the only part updated, and it was pretty nice.  Not saying I didn't enjoy the cruise because I did and the public areas were in great shape, but perhaps only the higher level suites were updated.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I beg to differ as regards updating suites.  We sailed an S1 Sky Suite B2B the January after restart.  The cabin had not been updated at all.  The TV was small and did not even have access to our account online, nor movie channels.  The balcony furniture was the only part updated, and it was pretty nice.  Not saying I didn't enjoy the cruise because I did and the public areas were in great shape, but perhaps only the higher level suites were updated.

That was my experience in a Celebrity suite in Feb.

Balcony furniture was good. At one point I had missing sofa cushion because it needed to be fixed but it def wasn't new.

TV was terrible. Old school TV I haven't seen in many many years, no on board account and barely anything or reception - which wouldn't be a problem except I was isolating sick so it was me and the TV lol

• Thanks 1

balcony cabins on this ship still remind us of motel six complete with shower curtains....Celebrity is not going to upgrade these rooms because they continue to sell out....we are as dumb as the rest of the folks that continue to book these rooms despite the flaws as we are back on the "connie" in nov....the rest of the ship is retro but good cruising.  

There were some small updates to the Sky Suites just prior to the restart but nothing like a full refit.  The bench at the foot of the bed was another update.  I think carpet and curtains as well as mattress & bedding.

I like Connie and will be on it in 4 weeks.

If others want the glitzy Eclass ships that helps keep the prices down on Infinity and Connie and that's Fine with me. It's the Crew and the itinerary that's important to Me more than the rugs and furniture.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There were some small updates to the Sky Suites just prior to the restart but nothing like a full refit.  The bench at the foot of the bed was another update.  I think carpet and curtains as well as mattress & bedding.

Our carpet and curtains were old and worn. I do remember the bed being very comfortable fortunately.  Looks like they only updated fully the suites higher than Sky Suites 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, D. B. said:

I like Connie and will be on it in 4 weeks.

If others want the glitzy Eclass ships that helps keep the prices down on Infinity and Connie and that's Fine with me. It's the Crew and the itinerary that's important to Me more than the rugs and furniture.

On our first Carnival sailing after the restart on Dec 2021, we brought $200 in singles and generally tipped a few bucks every day in the MDR, drinks, and our stateroom cabin.   The crew all talks to each other and routine tippers are always a hot topic.  It just seemed no matter where we were, some server would find us.  I remember one specific instance where we were in the Aft hot tub with a half-full drink, there were at least 50 people in line by the aft bar and a server came to us by the hot tub to take our drink order and we received the drink we didn't even need minutes later.  The overall point is if you enjoy great service, become a routine tipper which includes leaving a few dollars at every meal.  Otherwise, unlike the itinerary, you really can't "pick" the crew besides possibly picking a sailing with Capt Kate at the Helm or seeking out reduced capacity sailings such as TAs/TPs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1