Let’s “Talk” Spa Cafe on M-Class (especially Summit)

This is my favorite place to get both breakfast and lunch.  Their fruit plate is always good, better than the fruit on the buffet for some reason.  I often take cabin snacks back from their offerings.  I also like their oatmeal, it doesn't seem like many people ask for that.

14 hours ago, chemmo said:

It will be new to me on Reflection for breakfast after many cruises! We have had an occasional bit of light lunch there on Reflection and other S class ships but I have never looked at it as a breakfast venue. I can see it being a pleasant place to sit for an early breakfast or I can easily take items back to my balcony. 

It goes to show how easily you can get into a ‘routine’ when cruising and miss opportunities to try something you haven’t experienced before. I think I will return to deck plans (as I did when we first cruised) and see what other venues we haven’t visited for a long time or never!

In summer 2023, on my 6th cruise on a different cruise line, I discovered the “deli window” for the first time ever.  Why?  Because I was traveling with 19 other family members, so I studied the deck plans to help answer questions, especially from the first time cruisers.  I had just never walked down that particular walkway, especially, when, my kids were little and all they wanted in the general area was pizza or ice cream.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fabby50 said:

This is my favorite place to get both breakfast and lunch.  Their fruit plate is always good, better than the fruit on the buffet for some reason.  I often take cabin snacks back from their offerings.  I also like their oatmeal, it doesn't seem like many people ask for that.

Oatmeal is my typical breakfast of choice at home.  Younger me always wondered “Who?” was eating oatmeal on a cruise ship.  Well, here I am.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

In summer 2023, on my 6th cruise on a different cruise line, I discovered the “deli window” for the first time ever.  Why?  Because I was traveling with 19 other family members, so I studied the deck plans to help answer questions, especially from the first time cruisers.  I had just never walked down that particular walkway, especially, when, my kids were little and all they wanted in the general area was pizza or ice cream.

I was trying to figure out where the deli window was until I saw you were talking about some other cruise line.  😂

• Haha 1

I find the breads and wraps will get soggy sitting on the cold.  If I see a lot of condensation on the plate, I ask for a new one and they are very quick to oblige.  I think it might be a common ask.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DebbieActon said:

I find the breads and wraps will get soggy sitting on the cold.  If I see a lot of condensation on the plate, I ask for a new one and they are very quick to oblige.  I think it might be a common ask.

Especially true due to the high humidity in the Solarium area.  It all condenses on the cold plates.

On 8/18/2024 at 9:57 AM, hcat said:

used to have grilled salmon at lunch.. long lines for those orders.   But now just on a  salad plate...some of the baked goods are a bit dry and crunchy..but so many nice choices

.  Agree that Card players should play elsewhere to free up the tables for those eating food!

I understand your concern about the card players; but on their behalf you should know that there used to be a card room adjacent to Cafe Al Bacio - back in the day when they actually had paid Bridge Directors!  Celebrity did away with the card room and made it into the seated area next to Al Bacio with waiter service. Thus card players are left struggling to find a table for play.

sorry for the card players.. but areas for eating like buffet, al Baccio and Spa Cafe.. ( on all ships) should not become the card/ mah jong area.

There are other spaces offered  by  activity staff, but many want those nice sea views and location near drinks..squatting all day is not the answer!  

we try to co-exist best we can

• Like 1

Just now, MississippiMom said:

My husband would LOVE that!

Blueberries in a bagel?  On a bagel?  That’s weird.  🙂

I’m mad my local Costco stopped making raisin bagels and I have to buy blueberry.

• Haha 1