Cancelling Cruise and Vacation Protection

Hello,

Due to blockages in my arteries and severe dizziness and being umbalance issues I may have to cancel my September 1 aqua sky suite cruise.  I am taking medical tests today and throughout the week, if in the case my surgeon suggest I do not take this trip, can somebody explain the process of the vacation protection plan?  Does it reimburse my cost of the cruise and how do I put in a claim and approximately how long do we get the refund?  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Did u receive paperwork for the insurance you purchased. ?

That would provide answers and a contact number...

(We live in NY and  must now buy pvt..non Celeb ins so we do get a full policy plus summary page.)

Previously before the change for NY, I had an emergency gall bladder issue and cancelled a Royal C Cruise before sail date but  past final payment.. We cancelled any prepaid  excursions and dining on the website which went back to our credit card... and then cancelled the cruise.  Needed to submit proof from dr.. Did not take long to process..

Good luck.. hope things work out.

• Like 2

Insurance thru' Celebrity phone 844-419-3600 Or that used to be it. I have used it about 3 times over several years. They will send the necessary forms via e-mail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Due to blockages in my arteries and severe dizziness and being umbalance issues I may have to cancel my September 1 aqua sky suite cruise.  I am taking medical tests today and throughout the week, if in the case my surgeon suggest I do not take this trip, can somebody explain the process of the vacation protection plan?  Does it reimburse my cost of the cruise and how do I put in a claim and approximately how long do we get the refund?  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all the best!  

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  In my case,  i had not taken out X s travel insurance, but I faxed them a copy of my surgeon’s letter which indicated I should not travel. (had a personal planner thru X).   I believe it only took a few weeks to resolve. I was treated very well and given a future credit.  

• Like 1

You will need to cancel the cruise and initiate a claim.  You will need to contact the insurance company to do this.  This is also something your travel agent should assist you with.

2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  In my case,  i had not taken out X s travel insurance, but I faxed them a copy of my surgeon’s letter which indicated I should not travel. (had a personal planner thru X).   I believe it only took a few weeks to resolve. I was treated very well and given a future credit.  

I would prefer to use it for future credit to be honest.  Aiming for October cruise instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I would prefer to use it for future credit to be honest.  Aiming for October cruise instead.

that is a great option.   

All the best with your tests. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 5:25 PM, 1Virgo said:

that is a great option.   

All the best with your tests. 

my apologies. Forgot to ask where your cruise was to and if it can be a redo or different 

On 8/19/2024 at 7:47 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

As you can't be sure you will be able to cruise in October we would take the cash.  The Future Cruise Credit gives you nothing extra and ties you to X. Cash gives you so many more options.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, the penguins said:

As you can't be sure you will be able to cruise in October we would take the cash.  The Future Cruise Credit gives you nothing extra and ties you to X. Cash gives you so many more options.

You don't get to choose. You either file a claim, claim is approved and you get reimbursed for any nonrefundable costs from the insurance provider, OR your claim is denied by insurance then you use the Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program where Celebrity gives you a 90% FCC. 

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You don't get to choose. You either file a claim, claim is approved and you get reimbursed for any nonrefundable costs from the insurance provider, OR your claim is denied by insurance then you use the Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program where Celebrity gives you a 90% FCC. 

different system in the UK. I assumed from the OP that they would have medical paper work to say that they were unfit to travel  - in those circumstances we have never heard of a claim being denied. Anything else would come under the banner of "disinclination to travel" in which case X's standard cancellation. terms would apply and those don't include a FCC option.

28 minutes ago, the penguins said:

different system in the UK. I assumed from the OP that they would have medical paper work to say that they were unfit to travel  - in those circumstances we have never heard of a claim being denied. Anything else would come under the banner of "disinclination to travel" in which case X's standard cancellation. terms would apply and those don't include a FCC option.

Posters location says Florida. There is a 60 day lookback period on the policy through Celebrity that could be problematic, among other restrictions. 

It appears I may have more problems, cerebellar problems that could be what is causing my gait/balance/dizziness and the blockages.  I think I am just going to go on this cruise.  I will need procedures/surgeries, so why not go before that??  Sure, I feel not well, but I am not sick, and maybe being in sunshine and on the cruise I be happier than being at home and if I am sitting I am only a little bit dizzy so I should be ok.

We been on the Beyond a few times, aqua class cabin, but this time we have aqua sky suite so we will be able to use the retreat which everything is in one place and I do not have to walk all around the ship to get to the MDR, lounge, bar, etc.  The retreat has everything I need there which will allow me to walk less around the ship.

I guess I am playing things day to day, I took 3 mri's today and should have results by wednesday, then I shall decide.  I guess I better start packing lol.  Life can be too short, so I will do my best to get on this cruise.  

You all been terrific, I wish you all great health and happiness thank you.

I really hope  you are able to go on the cruise.  As you said life can be too short, do what you can when you can.  I’m also dealing with some serious health issues but I’m writing this from Craft Social on the Beyond.  Doing what Iove while I still can..

• Like 3

if you go, I hope you do not have health issues away from home..and have the med ins just in case..I assume Cruise Care does have some type of coverage.

We  have US Medicare..no coverage outside US so we buy pvt ins (req if one livs in NY)  We include a high level med coverage plus evac for illness.

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Cruisegirl6. Hope your medical issues resolve themselves & you are able to cruise comfortably. If you do still have the issues I’d suggest getting a mobile scooter (from special needs). Where you’re in an Aqua Sky Suite you won’t have any issue getting it into your cabin. It’d be worth the $$ especially if you’re having balance issues. Best of luck with this issue

• Like 1