Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

42 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I have the app so went in to complete the heath questionnaire, but can’t find it anywhere?

It may never show up, but usually on the check in page. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Happy cruise day! Hope everything is going smoothly. 

Tomorrow! Today is Galveston day. Boy, is it ever hot! DS said “I would say I’m sweating but all my sweat has evaporated.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

Tomorrow! Today is Galveston day. Boy, is it ever hot! DS said “I would say I’m sweating but all my sweat has evaporated.”

I knew that. 🤦🏼‍♀️ continue on lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We set out from the hotel at 10am and walked the streets of The Strand, up and down the blocks, until we reached Broadway. We stopped in at stores frequently to take advantage of the air con! This place is incredibly beautiful and historic but just too dang hot!

We stopped at a cafe called The Drug Store, which was an old fashioned diner. We sat at the bar and got shakes and fountain sodas (the mimosa was in tiny print on the menu and I missed it). It was incredibly reasonable in terms of price and a great cold treat!

IMG_4400.jpeg

IMG_4401.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

IMG_4405.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg

IMG_4410.jpeg

• Like 23

Continuing on, we came to the library. @YVRteacher I thought of you! We stopped in (hello air con and wifi). It was so beautiful in there. On the top floor they had a free museum/exhibit about the huge hurricane that hit Galveston and pretty much devastated the city. We spent about an hour reading every bit of the info and highly recommend checking it out!

IMG_4411.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4423.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

When I was researching where to eat, I narrowed it down to The Playground. It checked all my boxes - dive bar feel, music, cheap drinks, food that we all liked. In my mind, I had visions of sitting on their patio enjoying live music (they have a singer out there) and having a margarita or two. Obviously it was far too hot for that, but we still decided to go there for lunch and eat inside. It was a good choice!

I had a house margarita and a spicy pineapple margarita, then we shared the California bacon burger, Texas chilli nachos, and Mac n cheese hotdog!

Afterwards, we went next door for ice cream (bad move). The second we stepped outside, the ice cream became liquid and DS was completely covered in sticky, drippy, messiness. He hates being dirty or sticky and was so stressed that we had to come back to the hotel for him to change (luckily it was nearby). We are now taking a break and chilling for a little before we head back out.

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4443.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4441.jpeg

IMG_4445.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4450.jpeg

• Like 21

Everytime I cruise out of Galveston in sept I vow never again. I melt. My TA has said no more summer Caribbean cruises out of Florida too hot. It's not a good time to cruise rhe caribbean unless you have kids and no other choice imo. 

I booked to Bermuda mid sept only because it's the last ship royal is sending to Bermuda out of Florida.. I'm a no in the summer. I considered where to move and thought about Galveston and was there and said I can't take texas summers. And moved to PC area, though its humid here too. Just not fun in the heat plus humidity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Everytime I cruise out of Galveston in sept I vow never again. I melt. My TA has said no more summer Caribbean cruises out of Florida too hot. It's not a good time to cruise rhe caribbean unless you have kids and no other choice imo. 

I booked to Bermuda mid sept only because it's the last ship royal is sending to Bermuda out of Florida.. I'm a no in the summer. I considered where to move and thought about Galveston and was there and said I can't take texas summers. And moved to PC area, though its humid here too. Just not fun in the heat plus humidity. 

We are from Vancouver, Canada. For us, 70 is a heatwave! lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wave at Aris for me. He reported to the Jubilee today. Now I wait until he get internets. 

Awww. It’s parked right outside my window!

IMG_4377.jpeg

• Like 17

So, for the longest time, I’ve been thinking of my next tattoo. In my mind, I wanted an octopus but never found that perfect image. Today, in Galveston, I found it. On a tshirt! It’s exactly what I want. My kids told me it is NOT an octopus. It’s a Kraken. I don’t know about that, but this is what my next tattoo is going to be…

IMG_4392.jpeg

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So, for the longest time, I’ve been thinking of my next tattoo. In my mind, I wanted an octopus but never found that perfect image. Today, in Galveston, I found it. On a tshirt! It’s exactly what I want. My kids told me it is NOT an octopus. It’s a Kraken. I don’t know about that, but this is what my next tattoo is going to be…

IMG_4392.jpeg

Once onboard try a Kraken Pina Colada with extra shot on top if you like rum.....they are soooo good.   

• Like 5

@ceilidh1 this thread is very entertaining but perhaps not for the reason you think: my first thought (I live in central Texas where it was 109 just a couple of days ago) was "these people from Vancouver are going to absolutely melt!" 🙂  We cruise from Galveston mostly in January; we leave Galveston and it's in the 50's or low 60's and then by the second day, it's mid to upper 80's. In 2022, we were lucky to sail from Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas to Alaska for my younger son's high school graduation cruise, which thanks to Covid, ended up being his "completed second year of college" cruise!  😄 DH and I cruised on Harmony this past January; for the most part, it's way too big for us, but the shows were all great. I'll be watching along with you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

@ceilidh1 this thread is very entertaining but perhaps not for the reason you think: my first thought (I live in central Texas where it was 109 just a couple of days ago) was "these people from Vancouver are going to absolutely melt!" 🙂  We cruise from Galveston mostly in January; we leave Galveston and it's in the 50's or low 60's and then by the second day, it's mid to upper 80's. In 2022, we were lucky to sail from Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas to Alaska for my younger son's high school graduation cruise, which thanks to Covid, ended up being his "completed second year of college" cruise!  😄 DH and I cruised on Harmony this past January; for the most part, it's way too big for us, but the shows were all great. I'll be watching along with you. 

We are, indeed, melting! We keep ducking into air con places to cool off, get too chilly, and then get hit with a blast of heat when we go outside. We’ve been to Galveston previously but usually Dec/jan - this is just not natural. I feel like my eyeballs are melting! 🫠 

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ben Voyage Jubilee…

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4463.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

Saint greg over on the carnival boards is also doing a live, but live jubilee review. I guess he just pulled away. I'll have to go check. It's the new carnival jubilee. New color scheme.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

@ceilidh1 this thread is very entertaining but perhaps not for the reason you think: my first thought (I live in central Texas where it was 109 just a couple of days ago) was "these people from Vancouver are going to absolutely melt!" 🙂  

I'm in the desert and had the same thought. Even being used to our 110+ days the heat and humidity in summer is rough. I think after next summer, we will be back to fall sailings.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Saint greg over on the carnival boards is also doing a live, but live jubilee review. I guess he just pulled away. I'll have to go check. It's the new carnival jubilee. New color scheme.

I didn’t realize @Saint Gregwas on Jubilee today! I literally waved him off! lol. I may even have seen him and his monkey around town (but would never know. Stealth)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I didn’t realize @Saint Gregwas on Jubilee today! I literally waved him off! lol. I may even have seen him and his monkey around town (but would never know. Stealth)

You wouldn’t have seen him. He drove down from Dallas after work yesterday and stayed about 30 minutes out of Galveston then went to the ship this morning. 

• Like 3