Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Windjammer announcement to remind us to fill out our survey tomorrow. Apparently, the first 700 responses are entered into a prize draw…for what, I do not know!

I don't know what kind of bite but he is definitely having a reaction.  See if you can find some Benadryl for him & I wouldn't wait until you fly home

• Like 3

Just now, JoeTec said:

I don't know what kind of bite but he is definitely having a reaction.  See if you can find some Benadryl for him & I wouldn't wait until you fly home

It’s weird. DD usually gets eaten and has crazy bad reactions. DS never seems to be bothered by anything. At least 3 parents in our group have asked for Benadryl as kids were having allergic reactions to something. I’m not overly concerned but just intrigued! He has 6 of these bites - two are HUGE, red, swollen. The others not so bad.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Any experts know what this bite is? It’s getting bigger and bigger!

IMG_5629.jpeg

I’m glad you took a picture of it for comparison day by day. 

Whatever the bite was it really is red around it. 

Our daughter was bitten by a recluse spider and it became red (we went to ready care) she was on antibiotics for a month. then went  black and sloughed off. 

If it were me I would bite the bullet and go to the on board doctor. Might need antibiotics. 

I know it is $$$&. But……

If still like that tomorrow. Go to ready care. 

Best of luck. 

• Like 7

Watched the second Aqua theatre show -Big Daddy’s Hideaway Heist. I was so engrossed that I forgot to take pictures. Another WOW factor show. I was positively melting with the humidity, but definitely worth it. I was on the edge of my seat with some of those high dives! We planned on the ice skating show but DS was feeling itchy and uncomfortable from his bites, so we called it a night and came back to the room. Finished packing and put out the bags.

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5634.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5636.jpeg

IMG_5637.jpeg

• Like 12

There is some discussion on our cruise group about possible food poisoning. Two of the families have been on IVs in medical, and a few others mentioned vomiting and feeling sick. DDs friends were also vomiting a few nights ago. Apparently, Noro was ruled out and the consensus among the group appears to be food poisoning from Sorrentos pizza. This is just in our group chat, so no idea of the actual situation and we are all feeling fine!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

And just like that, it was all over! Not sure if there’s a problem with the Carnival ship, but lots of flashing red lights over that way!

IMG_5649.jpeg

IMG_5647.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5645.jpeg

I checked over on the carnival boards and no mention of trouble or flashingnred lights. St greg was off jubilee by 7:40 am so maybe was off before your picture.

20240901_085052101.jpeg

• Like 1

Enjoying our last breakfast at Windjammer. Like all disembark mornings, it’s packed! No issues finding a seat, though. We will just chill here until they kick us out as we have nowhere to be anytime soon!

DD found her friend group so enjoying the last of her time with them. There were many tears last night from all the teens - she truly had a great time! The ironic thing is that we came on this ship as she was attracted to all the activities and wanted to do everything- in reality, she did none of them as she was too busy hanging out with new friends!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 13

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

There is some discussion on our cruise group about possible food poisoning. Two of the families have been on IVs in medical, and a few others mentioned vomiting and feeling sick. DDs friends were also vomiting a few nights ago. Apparently, Noro was ruled out and the consensus among the group appears to be food poisoning from Sorrentos pizza. This is just in our group chat, so no idea of the actual situation and we are all feeling fine!

I have never seen swelling, redness and itching from food poisoning.    But whatever it is I would get him to an urgent care as soon as you disembark.  

If he was holding a sloth or just near them it could be a tick bite or a mosquito carrying a virus.   Not to scare you but West Nile and Dengue are in that area and would cause fever and vomiting as well as the other symptoms of redness, itchiness, etc. he is showing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, poocher said:

Please let us know how your DS makes out.  That picture was pretty bad.  Hope he is ok.  Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

The biggest one (in the picture) seems to have gone down a little overnight so the hydrocortisone appears to be helping. The other large one now has blisters. I’ve been trying to search pictures online to identify and see what bit him but it looks like pretty much anything from mosquitoes to ants to spiders cause this! There were definitely lots of ants in the sand at Paradise so that’s a possibility. I just find it odd that neither DD nor I got any and he got six!

Also, discussion among our group chat are saying there were bedbug complaints…yikes!

IMG_5651.jpeg

IMG_5652.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never seen swelling, redness and itching from food poisoning.    But whatever it is I would get him to an urgent care as soon as you disembark.  

If he was holding a sloth or just near them it could be a tick bite or a mosquito carrying a virus.   Not to scare you but West Nile and Dengue are in that area and would cause fever and vomiting as well as the other symptoms of redness, itchiness, etc. he is showing.

No, I don’t think his redness/swelling is related to food (I initially wondered if it was an allergy as he ate a LOT of shrimp that day and he has only eaten it once or twice previously). None of us have been sick at all, so if there was any food related issues on the ship we escaped them!

We did do the sloths in Roatán but the bites didn’t appear until two full days after that so I’m more inclined to think it was something in Cozumel. We will definitely go to urgent care when we get back this evening- the blisters concern me more than the swelling as not even DD gets those and she has a severe reaction to bites!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IMO, Doesn't look like bed bug bites either.  They are usually small red bumps in a zig zag pattern.   

Please get him to a medical / urgent care to get checked out.  The internet and social media isn't always our friend.   He may need antibiotic, sooner the better.

The poor guy, I'm sure he would like some relief.    I hope it's nothing and he feels better soon.

I'm itching just looking at these pictures.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

They just did final call so we reluctantly made our way off. The entire process has been smooth and organized- very impressive with this many people. Outside the terminal is a whole different story. Mobs of people not knowing where to go. Port staff telling folks to keep moving but there’s nowhere to actually move to! Our shuttle isn’t for another hour so we walked to the very end, found a quiet spot and will wait it out, No rain here in Galveston but our driver text and let us know it was pouring on the way from IAH

• Like 8

@ceilidh1 The vomiting and intestinal  issues on the ship may be Covid. I was on a Celebrity cruise 6/2023 and thought I had Noro. I still had symptoms and fatigue when we got home and tested positive for Covid.
 So, intestinal issues can be a symptom-it is not only respiratory symptoms. 
Hoping your son gets diagnosed quickly and that he gets relief soon. 
MJ👩🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I checked over on the carnival boards and no mention of trouble or flashingnred lights. St greg was off jubilee by 7:40 am so maybe was off before your picture.

Jubilee was in Galveston yesterday. That is the Dream today. Still to your point, there’s been nothing mentioned on the Carnival boards if anything going on today. 

• Like 1

Just now, lennythenose said:

Jubilee was in Galveston yesterday. That is the Dream today. Still to your point, there’s been nothing mentioned on the Carnival boards if anything going on today. 

When we disembarked Harmony I noticed that the forklifts used for getting supplies to the ship all had flashing red lights, so maybe that’s what I saw around the carnival ship (it was still dark at that point so the lights were all that stood out).

• Like 1

Will you be doing another Live on your 9/24 Sapphire Princess cruise? You should feel all tingly seeing 600 replies and almost 35,000 views for this one on Harmony. Not many live reviewers get those kind of numbers. Proof that you are one of the go-to darlings for a trip report.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1