check in help

PugM0m

Is there anyway to complete check in without adding a photo? I would like to get some of my check in done and go back and add the photo later. I have tried online and on the app and it will not let me save the health and safety along with my check in time, without a photo. 

Posted (edited)

I managed to get past this. 😁 I tried to save these pictures three times, then got a message that they would take them at the port. I wonder what's wrong with them? 🤣 I forgot to click the button for a head covering...right?

image.png.486f357e8cc35adf9bf1265548f16daf.pngimage.png.0b519f8bfcf5ef1899d60277184e4da5.png

Edited by PugM0m
  • Haha 15

It's possible to check in without a photo. Just go through it 4 times and the website gives up and says you'll have the photo done at the terminal. There's no need to do joke photos with a dog on your head. Just keep clicking until the check in decides to let you advance.

I usually take my selfie direct staring at the phone with a white wall behind me. It's generally accepted by the check in. It needs to be head on for the face recognition.

MeNCLSecPhoto.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PugM0m said:

I managed to get past this. 😁 I tried to save these pictures three times, then got a message that they would take them at the port. I wonder what's wrong with them? 🤣 I forgot to click the button for a head covering...right?

16 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

It's possible to check in without a photo. Just go through it 4 times and the website gives up and says you'll have the photo done at the terminal. There's no need to do joke photos with a dog on your head. Just keep clicking until the check in decides to let you advance.

The photo filter is a little less sensitive now. The photo needs to be on a plain background, face straight into the camera (no cutesy side views), no glasses, no head covering, no cheesy smile, high resolution. Basically a passport mug shot. 

On our May and August cruises, the ports were using facial recognition to get into the terminal (i.e., pre-security). In NYC, without a valid facial recognition match, you had to go to a separate [long] line for additional processing. So,,, if you're not wearing your dog when you get to document check, you probably won't match and will be in a self-imposed delay to get someone to manually process you. So, it in your best interest to have a photo on file so you can enter the terminal quickly and efficiently. 

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, if you're not wearing your dog when you get to document check, you probably won't match and will be in a self-imposed delay to get someone to manually process you. 

I feel sorry for people who have a pug nose. They may never get on the ship...

2 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I usually take my selfie direct staring at the phone with a white wall behind me. It's generally accepted by the check in. It needs to be head on for the face recognition.

MeNCLSecPhoto.jpg

I tried without the pictures more than four times, it would never allow me to move beyond.  It did not actually save the pictures with us wearing the "jaunty chapeau."

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The photo filter is a little less sensitive now. The photo needs to be on a plain background, face straight into the camera (no cutesy side views), no glasses, no head covering, no cheesy smile, high resolution. Basically a passport mug shot. 

On our May and August cruises, the ports were using facial recognition to get into the terminal (i.e., pre-security). In NYC, without a valid facial recognition match, you had to go to a separate [long] line for additional processing. So,,, if you're not wearing your dog when you get to document check, you probably won't match and will be in a self-imposed delay to get someone to manually process you. So, it in your best interest to have a photo on file so you can enter the terminal quickly and efficiently. 

We are are departing from Quebec, my plan is to take some proper pictures and upload them later. Did not want to wake DH at 2am for photos, bad enough that I was up that early for work.😁

3 hours ago, PugM0m said:

I tried without the pictures more than four times, it would never allow me to move beyond.  It did not actually save the pictures with us wearing the "jaunty chapeau."

It's glitchy, yeah. 😞

3 hours ago, PugM0m said:

I think the word is chien, not chapeau.

2 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

It's glitchy, yeah. 😞

Had a problem with RCCL back in February. Just wouldn't take our photos, had to give up.

@PugM0m

When doing the check in use the computer to take a photo.

If the website will not accept then clear the photo.

Take another photo and try again

If it still doesn't accept do it two more times (total of 4)

It then allows you to pass as it says they will do your photos at the por.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PugM0m said:

image.png.486f357e8cc35adf9bf1265548f16daf.pngimage.png.0b519f8bfcf5ef1899d60277184e4da5.png

My photo would not work one time because my shirt had too busy of a print on it. I also have had it go more smoothly when using our tablet instead of the laptop.. Husband did our last check in using the tablet. He used a photo of me he already had saved in the tablet, cropped properly to show just my face, and he took a new picture of himself.  

It definitely can be frustrating sometimes. Those head coverings are very cute though!!

Edited by Cruising Lynne
error

8 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

My photo would not work one time because my shirt had too busy of a print on it. I also have had it go more smoothly when using our tablet instead of the laptop.. Husband did our last check in using the tablet. He used a photo of me he already had saved in the tablet, cropped properly to show just my face, and he took a new picture of himself.  

It definitely can be frustrating6pm sometimes. Those head coverings are very cute though!!

We think the head covering is very cute too. Unfortunately only one of us can wear it at a time.

• Haha 3

Careful...if your doggo realises what you are taking the pics for, they will surely insist on going with you.  And then you will have to start another thread about emotional assistance dogs vs. service dogs and we all know what that leads to.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've used the same photo every time since they started this.  Why doesn't that work for everybody?  I have no idea....

Maybe because we all do not look like Popeye the Sailor Man, someone who definitely belongs on a ship. 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've used the same photo every time since they started this.  Why doesn't that work for everybody?  I have no idea....

It's a mystery! I have tried the same picture on 5 cruises. Accepted on 3, not accepted on 2. Go figure. Next online checkin for me is on Sunday. Will certainly try the same pic again!

7 hours ago, gizfish said:

Careful...if your doggo realises what you are taking the pics for, they will surely insist on going with you.  And then you will have to start another thread about emotional assistance dogs vs. service dogs and we all know what that leads to.

Nope, I'll just have to "Scooby Doo" them

image.png.f4030870c3bc01531c490768425d6d65.png

• Haha 1

Oh, I love this thread!! Thanks for the laugh! 

Ignore the naysayers. They know not what fun is. I take silly photos that sometimes get accepted/sometimes don't. Every time, serious or not, they retake the photo when I check-in at the pier. And every time, I've always used facial recognition. 

Keep those doggo photos coming! You have a cutie pie!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does the computer doing check in have to take the photo or can you provide one already saved?  There is no way to get a bright picture with plain background from my home.  I can only get that at work or a passport photo place!

19 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Does the computer doing check in have to take the photo or can you provide one already saved?  There is no way to get a bright picture with plain background from my home.  I can only get that at work or a passport photo place!

You can use a saved photo. It doesn't have to be taken in the moment. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

If you have a blank wall in your house that is enough ...we took our photos standing in front .