No upgrades to premium beverage package?

catspaw1

Hi we just signed up for a cruise & I'm not seeing anywhere on the app to purchase an upgrade to the premium beverages. Are they offering it anymore? We got the upgrade on our Eclipse cruise last month. 

If you just booked it takes some time before the AI beverage package and wi-fi are reflected in the system.  Once that happens you should the upgrade option.
One way to check to see if the wi fi & beverage package are  in the system is to go to the Cruise Planner and look at Order History.  You will see entries with $0.00 for those items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi we just signed up for a cruise & I'm not seeing anywhere on the app to purchase an upgrade to the premium beverages. Are they offering it anymore? We got the upgrade on our Eclipse cruise last month. 

Do you mean upgrade FROM Classic TO Premium?  I didn't think it was possible to upgrade Premium.

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you mean upgrade FROM Classic TO Premium?  I didn't think it was possible to upgrade Premium.

I’m sure they mean classic to premium, they have done it before.  Like others have said, it takes a while for the cruise planner to update..or you can go old school and place a phone call and ask about price and or any current discounts..

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It says “to premium “ not “from premium”

I admit it’s a little unclear

Mea culpa....quote from OP...."an upgrade to the premium beverages".  I took it to mean (in my way of speaking) the OP was looking to upgrade premium pkg....seems it's possible to misinterpret even the most innocent remarks....lesson to self...look at both sides of a comment OR issue....  Both may be correct in a manner of speaking....😉.

I'm the OP. We have the classic package since we have AI but I usually book the upgrade to the premium package when I see a good flash sale. Last cruise I got it for $9 pp per day plus 20% gratuity. I'll check my order history & maybe the system just needs a day to upgrade 

There is a problem at Celebrity with drinks packages upgrades at the minute. I phoned them and was told it would be sorted in 48 hours but that was over 2 weeks ago - still not sorted. I asked if this was just a problem with my account but she said that its across all cruises and very random as some people can upgrade - She couldn't do it over the phone either as she said the option isn't available on her side either. The lady at the call centre said Celebrity are aware and working on the issue.

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

I'm the OP. We have the classic package since we have AI but I usually book the upgrade to the premium package when I see a good flash sale. Last cruise I got it for $9 pp per day plus 20% gratuity. I'll check my order history & maybe the system just needs a day to upgrade 

I'd like to see a 'good flash sale' also....price has remained the same for months and it's definitely too high.  Can do better paying as we go IMO.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Worst-case do it onboard. Apparently you'll be that server or bartender's best friend for the rest of the cruise since they get the credit.

I can attest to this..^^

When I did my reservation it took 48 hours before the upgrade to premium option appeared.  Took a month before my OBC showed up.  Waited for that before upgrading,  😁

4 hours ago, STIG OF THE DUMP said:

There is a problem at Celebrity with drinks packages upgrades at the minute. I phoned them and was told it would be sorted in 48 hours but that was over 2 weeks ago - still not sorted. I asked if this was just a problem with my account but she said that its across all cruises and very random as some people can upgrade - She couldn't do it over the phone either as she said the option isn't available on her side either. The lady at the call centre said Celebrity are aware and working on the issue.

I had the same issue with the upgrades had previously appeared in my cruise planner which disappeared recently. However, I called Celebrity and they were able to manually add the $0 classic packages to my account (in my Order history) during the phone call. After this update the upgrade packages were available to choose again.  Looking at my order history now, it looks like they added the classic package to myself 4 times and my husband 3 times!

7 hours ago, STIG OF THE DUMP said:

I just went onto my cruise (January) and it was available, only a 5% discount

OP here. I checked & I definitely have the classic beverage package but the trip planner & app still don't say I can upgrade to premium.  My concern is they will probably have a labor day flash sale & don't want to miss upgrading. It's not been 48 hours since I booked. Should I call TA or Celebrity now or wait till when?? Thanks everyone 

1 minute ago, catspaw1 said:

OP here. I checked & I definitely have the classic beverage package but the trip planner & app still don't say I can upgrade to premium.  My concern is they will probably have a labor day flash sale & don't want to miss upgrading. It's not been 48 hours since I booked. Should I call TA or Celebrity now or wait till when?? Thanks everyone 

Look in the roll call for your cruise and ask if anyone sees a flash sale.  If you still do not see it online, call and ask. 

DaKauna- celebrity doesn't even show that I can buy premium upgrade now so something wrong. Last cruise it showed up right away & I kept watching foe a flash sale. I'll check in the am.