What are the benefits to a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam that I can't get by purchasing Club Orange?

We're looking at booking a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam but I'm having trouble figuring out what the actual benefits are vs just paying for Club Orange. 

Obviously the room is larger but I really don't care much about that. 

What I have figured out: 

- Access to the Concierge Lounge (which I can't find a video of on YouTube oddly enough) 

- Access to a Concierge (which we typically don't use very often) 

What other benefits would there be over just booking a cheaper room and paying for Club Orange?

If I'm reading things correctly, there's no butler, drink package, WiFi, or access to a thermal spa included like you see on many other lines in suites. I also don't believe there's an exclusive pool deck.

I appreciate any insight as this will be our first HAL cruise. 

Thank you!

They need to improve their suite benefits. We were in a Neptune Suite once. It was nice due to the space, but I didn’t see the cost per square foot benefits that should be included. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Emme1233 said:

They need to improve their suite benefits. We were in a Neptune Suite once. It was nice due to the space, but I didn’t see the cost per square foot benefits that should be included. 

In 2018 I told my PCC this.  They are way behind the times compared to other cruise line suite benefits.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, you know about the lounge, so I won't add much there.  There is food and drinks available all day, every day in the lounge.  The concierge can make reservations for you for dining.  Priority boarding for tenders might not interest you either but that is another perk.  Since you are first time cruisers with HAL the double sea days wouldn't mean too much either.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rothbury said:

Well, you know about the lounge, so I won't add much there.  There is food and drinks available all day, every day in the lounge.  The concierge can make reservations for you for dining.  Priority boarding for tenders might not interest you either but that is another perk.  Since you are first time cruisers with HAL the double sea days wouldn't mean too much either.

I will add (knowing it doesn't matter), king size bed, two sinks in the bathroom (which for some reason means quite a bit to my wife), much bigger balcony and we have noticed the concierge can resolve (or know whom to contact to resolve) any questions or issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rothbury said:

Fortunately I don't believe we'll need to use tenders for an Alaskan itinerary with Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan.

We just returned from this same itinerary on the Norwegian Encore and everything we had planned in the ports was cancelled so we're returning next year but wanted to go with an option that has better port times and locations (no Ward Cove) than NCL so HAL seems like a good option. 

We cruise with young kids which I know there will not be many of on HAL but they're respectful and well-behaved so I think the kids club onboard + an indoor pool will be enough for them as we will make our own fun. 

I think we've just been spoiled by the Yacht Club on MSC as far what as what you get for your money ($8k will get you a suite with exclusive restaurant, pool deck, and lounge + butler service, drink package, WiFi, thermal spa, and a bunch of other things vs $12k for a Neptune Lounge without all the perks).

I appreciate the feedback... I'm sure we will have a lovely time on the Koningsdam!

• Like 3

With kids the free laundry will come in handy.  You can get coffee and juice in the Neptune Lounge as well as finger foods for snacks.  You are entitled to use of the Club Orange dining room if you are in a Neptune Suite.  CO does sell out so plan ahead if you want to add it to your non-Neptune Suite booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

With kids the free laundry will come in handy.  You can get coffee and juice in the Neptune Lounge as well as finger foods for snacks.  You are entitled to use of the Club Orange dining room if you are in a Neptune Suite.  CO does sell out so plan ahead if you want to add it to your non-Neptune Suite booking.

Thank you!

All I can say is that list is really weak.  Considering how much money it costs. It was over $10,000 for a one week cruise that we are booked on, so we are in a Veranda.  Couldn’t justify  the price. We have a Signature suite booked for Alaska this Fall, and yes we had to pay for Club Orange. $350…drinks are not included in the concierge lounge anyway, which I think is really cheap.  

The all inclusive suite packages and private areas that many cruise lines are offering  are very popular .As you mentioned MSC is very competitive because of the Yacht Club  We like NCL The Haven…  Celebrity had a really nice suite restaurant which we enjoyed. We were in a Royal Suite for 3 weeks back in 2018 and enjoyed all the perks. 

18 years ago we were in a Neptune suite on the Noordam and it was okay, but not worth the price. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Emme1233 said:

All I can say is that list is really weak.  Considering how much money it costs. It was over $10,000 for a one week cruise that we are booked on, so we are in a Veranda.  Couldn’t justify  the price. We have a Signature suite booked for Alaska this Fall, and yes we had to pay for Club Orange. $350…drinks are not included in the concierge lounge anyway, which I think is really cheap.  

The all inclusive suite packages and private areas that many cruise lines are offering  are very popular .As you mentioned MSC is very competitive because of the Yacht Club  We like NCL The Haven…  Celebrity had a really nice suite restaurant which we enjoyed. We were in a Royal Suite for 3 weeks back in 2018 and enjoyed all the perks. 

18 years ago we were in a Neptune suite on the Noordam and it was okay, but not worth the price. 

I'm sure we will love our cruise on the Koningsdam but you pretty much described exactly why I made this post... For the price and offerings from pretty much everybody else's suite offerings, I thought maybe I was missing something as far as suite benefits and amenities go! 

I know for some the room is really important, but for someone who prefers suites because of everything else besides the room, it leaves something to be desired. 

This seems like a Carnival issue across all their brands. 

We are sailing in a suite on the Sun Princess over Thanksgiving and Princess is trying to figure out how to offer a competitive suite package but they're struggling mightily with the rollout on the Sun Princess with their new Sanctuary package that's released in October. 

I look forward to experiencing HAL in any case and seeing what makes it special!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I'm sure we will love our cruise on the Koningsdam but you pretty much described exactly why I made this post... For the price and offerings from pretty much everybody else's suite offerings, I thought maybe I was missing something as far as suite benefits and amenities go! 

I know for some the room is really important, but for someone who prefers suites because of everything else besides the room, it leaves something to be desired. 

We are sailing in a suite on the Sun Princess over Thanksgiving and Princess is trying to figure out how to offer a competitive suite package but they're struggling mightily with the rollout on the Sun Princess with their new Sanctuary package that's released in October. 

I look forward to experiencing HAL in any case and seeing what makes it special!

Prior to Covid we cruised a lot on Seabourn..which the whole ship was a suite experience. However there itineraries and food are not to our liking anymore…we did try Princess in a suite and had the lounge, but no wine in our room or wine glasses..it was just a lot of little things that were big misses and we didn’t like the Discovery Princess..it was too big, and the food was poor. We have two HAL cruises booked this year and happy to get Club Orange. We will see how that goes. I am being optimistic at this point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Drinks were included in the Neptune lounge when I was there in June. Just had to fill out a form, they included in your drink package.

However, if you did not have a drink package.  Which should be included at that price….your drinks would not be included. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Drinks were included in the Neptune lounge when I was there in June. Just had to fill out a form, they included in your drink package.

If you do not have a drink package there is a charge.  This is not standard in most suites on other lines.  YOU make your drink, YOU fill out the paperwork so they may charge you, lol.  I don't recall if a gratuity is added but I suspect it is.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

45 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

The crew is what makes HAL special.  This is true whether your are in an inside cabin or a suite.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

If you do not have a drink package there is a charge.  This is not standard in most suites on other lines.  YOU make your drink, YOU fill out the paperwork so they may charge you, lol.  I don't recall if a gratuity is added but I suspect it is.

Just to be sure - the drink package is NOT included with the Neptune Suite, correct?

Other than some wine or beer in the lounge I guess. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Just to be sure - the drink package is NOT included with the Neptune Suite, correct?

Other than some wine or beer in the lounge I guess. 

No alcohol is included with the Neptune Suite.  They should at least provide beer and wine free of charge but they do not.  The room is fabulous but there are no perks like you are used to on other lines.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

No alcohol is included with the Neptune Suite. 

Just a point of clarification… there is a bottle of sparkling wine (it’s horrible) in your room on embarkation day. (And water.) You can trade the wine in at the Concierge Lounge if you’d prefer something else.

There will be an invitation to the Neptune Lounge champagne get-together on embarkation day. It’s much more drinkable than the one in your room.

IMG_2543.thumb.jpeg.aea2ac91a49171281f517ef6560f5cf9.jpeg

4 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

I will add (knowing it doesn't matter), king size bed, two sinks in the bathroom (which for some reason means quite a bit to my wife), much bigger balcony and we have noticed the concierge can resolve (or know whom to contact to resolve) any questions or issues. 

We loved having the separate water closet in our SA!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We just got off the Sun Princess last month in an S9.   The private dining room service was very good along with the food.  But, we didn’t care for the location and it was lacking in ambience.  Just our opinion.  The service at the Sanctuary pool was very good and compared to MSC YC.   YC is a much better suite experience than Princess.  We have never been in a suite on Holland but we loved CO on the Rotterdam twice.  I don’t see the value in booking a suite on Princess or Holland compared to MSC YC.  We have another Sun Princess M0 booked for July 26, Rotterdam July 25 and YC for December 25.

46 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

We just got off the Sun Princess last month in an S9.   The private dining room service was very good along with the food.  But, we didn’t care for the location and it was lacking in ambience.  Just our opinion.  The service at the Sanctuary pool was very good and compared to MSC YC.   YC is a much better suite experience than Princess.  We have never been in a suite on Holland but we loved CO on the Rotterdam twice.  I don’t see the value in booking a suite on Princess or Holland compared to MSC YC.  We have another Sun Princess M0 booked for July 26, Rotterdam July 25 and YC for December 25.

I don't know if you've been following things, but it's about to become even messier on the Sun Princess in October as they consolidate the Reserve and Signature restaurants into one larger suite restaurant. 

I'm sure we'll enjoy the cruise but Princess really doesn't seem to know what they're doing with things. 

• Like 1

Some things about a suite I like and really miss when I don't have them...

1.Coffee pot of some type. I like to make my own cup of coffee.  I may want it any time of day.  I want to fix it to my specifications.  I can do this in a NS/PS.....then I want to...

2. Have a full breakfast on my balcony table. Spread it out! There's room.  Take your time.  It's YOUR table with the best view at sea! While I'm having breakfast and coffee on my balcony table, we will also have...

3.Momosa's delivered to the suite with breakfast!

IMG_2099.jpeg

• Like 1

I am only going to add  one thing.  The concierges  in the Neptune Lounge can be miracle workers when they are good.

On my second last cruise on the Prinsendam, I I was in one and asked the concierge for cardboard on day 1.  I knew they would be recycling it and needed it to prep a bag I was going to ship for our land tour after.

She was insistent that they had to know the dimensions.  I told her I could cut the cardboard but I had to provide the suitcase dimensions.  A couple of days later there was a box delivered to my cabin  made to fit my suitcase.  It even had a hole for the handle to make it easy to transport.

I have been solo for a while sadly so mostly been in verandah cabins with Club Orange if I were on a Pinnacle Class ship.  This spring, my friend agreed to come with me on my “Merry widow” cruise so I splurged on a Neptune suite.  Well, her suitcase handle was broken completely off by the stevedores and one of my walking cones was jammed.  I went to the concierge to see if they could help at all and yes, they sure could.  My walking stick was fixed and my friends’ suitcase had a new handle which matched her trim perfectly.

Now this stuff doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does it’s nice to have a concierge.  I doubt Club Orange would front desk would help.  there is a different level in the Neptune Lounge. IMO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am only going to add  one thing.  The concierges  in the Neptune Lounge can be miracle workers when they are good.

On my second last cruise on the Prinsendam, I I was in one and asked the concierge for cardboard on day 1.  I knew they would be recycling it and needed it to prep a bag I was going to ship for our land tour after.

She was insistent that they had to know the dimensions.  I told her I could cut the cardboard but I had to provide the suitcase dimensions.  A couple of days later there was a box delivered to my cabin  made to fit my suitcase.  It even had a hole for the handle to make it easy to transport.

I have been solo for a while sadly so mostly been in verandah cabins with Club Orange if I were on a Pinnacle Class ship.  This spring, my friend agreed to come with me on my “Merry widow” cruise so I splurged on a Neptune suite.  Well, her suitcase handle was broken completely off by the stevedores and one of my walking cones was jammed.  I went to the concierge to see if they could help at all and yes, they sure could.  My walking stick was fixed and my friends’ suitcase had a new handle which matched her trim perfectly.

Now this stuff doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does it’s nice to have a concierge.  I doubt Club Orange would front desk would help.  there is a different level in the Neptune Lounge. IMO

I'm happy you had such an amazing experience... Thank you for sharing it with me!