Are there any bottled waters in the restaurants?

MarkWiltonM

I understand that there is no bottled water in the suites as they now provide refillable water bottles with filtered-water stations around the ship, but does Silversea serve any premium bottled waters in the dining rooms? We don't drink alcohol so a nice bottle of San Pellegrino or Aqua Panna, etc., with dinner would be nice for us.  

Hi, you said there is no bottled water in the suites? When did that start? I have always had bottled water in the frig. Usually there are 2 bottles, one sparkling and the other still. 

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, you said there is no bottled water in the suites? When did that start? I have always had bottled water in the frig. Usually there are 2 bottles, one sparkling and the other still. 

There are still 2 bottles, but they are now refilled  with filtered water. The same is served in all the restaurants.

29 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I understand that there is no bottled water in the suites as they now provide refillable water bottles with filtered-water stations around the ship, but does Silversea serve any premium bottled waters in the dining rooms? We don't drink alcohol so a nice bottle of San Pellegrino or Aqua Panna, etc., with dinner would be nice for us.  

I don't think that any bottled water was available in the restaurants.

• Thanks 1

I was on the Silver Endeavour four months ago and remember seeing bottles of high end water (I think it was Pellegrino) sitting in the buffet area of the Grill for lunch.  So I assume it would also be available for dinner in the various venues.

• Thanks 1

In the past (as recently as fall 2023 on the Dawn)you could always get Pellegrino or Perrier in your room and the restaurants. However, on the Nova in Jan/Feb of this year we were told it was not stocked on the Nova as it was against their environmental policy. When I complained to the HD he reiterated that it was not stocked, but then it appeared in our room. We could not get it in the Restaurants.

A few months later on the Muse we were told the same thing, but it did appear magically in our room (thanks to our butler). We were told it was unavailable in the restaurants, but I did see a couple of people being served it in Atlantide. I think they are trying to phase it out (cost cutting disguised as eco-friendliness), but getting a LOT of push back. We're on the Endeavour in September and I'll ask for it and see what they say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sea bright said:

A few months later on the Muse we were told the same thing, but it did appear magically in our room (thanks to our butler). We were told it was unavailable in the restaurants, but I did see a couple of people being served it in Atlantide. I think they are trying to phase it out (cost cutting disguised as eco-friendliness), but getting a LOT of push back. We're on the Endeavour in September and I'll ask for it and see what they say.

Just another case of death by a thousand cuts by the Royal Caribbean corporate bean counters.Hope they are able to attract enough new passengers from Celebrity and Royal Caribbean who don't know better as many of the Silversea regulars move on to other true luxury lines.

Last trip on Endeavor a year ago, and most likely final SS cruise.  Acqua Panna glass bottles no problem.  Wasn't sure they would come thru with the request, but they did as always.  Make request thru travel agent  and see what happens.  Too late?  Talk with restaurant manager first day and let him know it's important to have at meals and it will appear.  Maybe.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:45 AM, GaitherBill said:

Yes, plenty. Just ask. Pellegrino is readily available. 

On my last Wind trip in May 2024 there were no ANY sparkling or still mineral water publicly available. Conversation with HD brought Pellegrino to our suite, but not to the restaurants. Which led to increased champagne consumption. 😉 Go figure...

• Haha 2

So on Cloud last month, we were told no Pelligrino or Perrier.  Environment given as excise.  But some bottles of Pelligrino mysteriously appear in our suite after I vigorously complained.  None in the bars or restaurants though, and yes, I can taste the difference.

3 minutes ago, RachelG said:

So on Cloud last month, we were told no Pelligrino or Perrier.  Environment given as excise.  But some bottles of Pelligrino mysteriously appear in our suite after I vigorously complained.  None in the bars or restaurants though, and yes, I can taste the difference.

It does make me wonder about the effect on the environment of all of that double fermentation of Champagne that the poor passengers are forced to drink instead of the carbonated water that has been removed. Maybe the bean counters that haven’t either the sense nor the ability to look up from their spreadsheets can see what they are doing? If you’re too busy chasing pennies out of the back door you’ll never notice the pounds disappearing from the front door. 

• Like 5

That “bottled water” in the refrig is just nasty.  Obtaining another type of bottled water like Pellegrino or Aqua Panna is a challenge. You can try and write to special services or ask your travel agent to insure it will be there for you, but that is no guarantee, even in the high end suites. 

We were told the environmental policy of RCCL is the reason for not stocking the other water.

It’s as if they will be blaming Nestle for the fact there is no water at all. 

And dont get me started on the refilling of those personal water bottles by pax, have you noticed that many touch the lip of their bottle to the refill station? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

That “bottled water” in the refrig is just nasty.  Obtaining another type of bottled water like Pellegrino or Aqua Panna is a challenge. You can try and write to special services or ask your travel agent to insure it will be there for you, but that is no guarantee, even in the high end suites. 

We were told the environmental policy of RCCL is the reason for not stocking the other water.

It’s as if they will be blaming Nestle for the fact there is no water at all. 

And dont get me started on the refilling of those personal water bottles by pax, have you noticed that many touch the lip of their bottle to the refill station? 

typhoid-mary.jpg

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Haha 1

I don’t get the hate for the water in the refillable bottle in suite. Tastes comparable to the heavily filtered water I have at home, which regularly garners compliments. 

And despite what the morning announcement says, plastic water bottle have definitely not been “eradicated”. 

Just look at all the soda bottle at the bar. 

1 hour ago, GaitherBill said:

I don’t get the hate for the water in the refillable bottle in suite. Tastes comparable to the heavily filtered water I have at home, which regularly garners compliments. 

And despite what the morning announcement says, plastic water bottle have definitely not been “eradicated”. 

Just look at all the soda bottle at the bar. 

It is the Vero “sparkling” water that is disliked.  More often than not it is so lightly gassed as to barely be discernible as “sparkling”, and mostly served in restaurants at room temperature.  I, for one, prefer a more refreshing bubbly water.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Port Power said:

It is the Vero “sparkling” water that is disliked.  More often than not it is so lightly gassed as to barely be discernible as “sparkling”, and mostly served in restaurants at room temperature.  I, for one, prefer a more refreshing bubbly water.

It is also salty tasting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Silversea has drawn a ridiculous and arbitrary line here. Premium waters are available in glass bottles so it doesn't have to mean they are providing plastic that is environmentally problematic. If they can serve beer and wine in glass bottles why not water? And it can't be a RCCL environmental policy anyway because we were on Celebrity this spring and they stocked plastic bottles of cheap water in our stateroom and it was also for sale throughout the ship. You could only get glass bottles of Perrier and Pellegrino at the bars but it was available and we bought it there and took it to our stateroom. We avoid plastic ourselves for environmental reasons.  

Edited by MarkWiltonM

5 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

If it were truly about the environment they would be serving wine in reusable carafes filled from casks.  It's clearly a cost-cutting move.  

• Like 1

Reading this with interest as I am allergic to the filtered water produced on board and as I don’t drink alcohol but do drink a lot of water need to have access to some I can drink that doesn’t make me ill

• Like 1

It's Acqua Panna glass on land and it has been the same at sea for past 24 years with an exception for Evian.  I've been nervous when boarding SB and SS because they have made a point of pushing their own water and not assuring my preference would be available.  Or, always including "we might have to charge you for it."  Have never had a fail in water supply or an added fee.  Today, not enough faith in either to maintain past performance. 

Not something I think about with other lines.

• Like 1

There are process, supervision and training issues here. 

The Vero sparkling is too salty and under carbonated.   Makes sense, it is desalinated on board. 

The filtered Vero waters are served at room temperature, quite horrible, really. There is no ice near the guest tables, so the poor staff have  trudge off to find ice, served in a separate glass on a plate. Every. Single. Time. 

20% of refills got the still vs sparkling wrong. 

This needs rethinking!