Which Oceania sale is the best sale?

dcsam

Sooo many sales to sort through.  Is there a time of year or a particular sale that’s considered the best sale?  Would love to do Alaska next summer, but I wonder if they even put the AK cruises on sale at all (so popular). 
Thank you 

1 hour ago, dcsam said:

Sooo many sales to sort through.  Is there a time of year or a particular sale that’s considered the best sale?  Would love to do Alaska next summer, but I wonder if they even put the AK cruises on sale at all (so popular). 
Thank you 

For Alaska, watch for the upgrade sales that, in the past, have shown up in the fall and at the beginning of the year. There is usually at least one on sale in May and one in September, plus one or two during the summer. If you are flexible, you can also wait until about March (or so) to see if there are any "bargains". What is unpredictable about 2025 Alaska is the switch from Regatta (~650 pax) to Riviera (1200+ pax).

I like to go on Alaska cruises for an easy vacation and don't really care when I go, so typically book late (January-March). If I really wanted to go to Alaska in 2025, I'd buy if a date I like is in an upgrade sale (although I think I actually paid full price once...shocking 😉 ). If you really want to go or have time constraints, you can pay full price and ask for a refund if it goes on sale (or go to higher cabin). The AK cruises I've watched have not changed price significantly (if at all) since release, and I don't recall any 2025 AK cruises on sale yet.

Having just booked Vista on the 25% off sale that ended yesterday, I can tell you that it was MUCH better than the free upgrade offer that started today. I wonder if there will be some sort of Labor Day sale as well, since this one goes through the end of September. Of course, my cruise is this December, I suppose for a cruise that's next year, a free upgrade might be better than nothing.

I just booked for next June in the Summer Sale, then prices dropped in the Flash Sale, so I managed to get the trip repriced, saving around 2000 euros. In the free upgrade Sale starting today, the price was substantially higher than the original one I booked at the end of July. I think I need to find a price tracker, to watch for further changes!!

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, osandomir said:

It’s an upgrade sale that just started. I believe there are two Alaska cruises in May 2025 that are included in this sale.

Good catch! I'm recovering from vacation and mis-remembered the end date of the past sales.

For @dcsam, the biggest savings on the current sale are B4 ($650 less) and PH3 ($1200 less) ...the other categories have minuscule savings so not a great sale; May is an iffy month if rain/cool is not your cup of tea.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

@dcsam I was just browsing my TA's website and noticed that the May 13th cruise also has Inside and OV discounted (not same as upgrade), plus there is a prepaid gratuities offer on verandas and above. If you don't already have a TA, you may want to search for one (or two so that both of the major consortia are covered) who can alert you to sales and other perks (PPG, silent sales, OBC, rebates, etc. that are not available with a direct booking).

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 8:13 AM, sailing oldie said:

I think I need to find a price tracker, to watch for further changes!!

Let me know if you find one. I have not seen a decent one since the fish site (I don't think we're allowed to mention the name) stopped updating 

On 8/28/2024 at 8:35 AM, jonthomas said:

Looks like this upgrade sale IS the labour day sale.

Yeah, I searched for Oceania Labor Day Sale and found that last year's sale was the upgrade sale. Disappointing.

Interestingly, I noticed that on my TA's site, where I viewed rates for the Vista cruise I booked last week with the Flash sale, they still have those rates available, even though the Oceania site isn't showing them anymore.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We have not been Tahiti, so I have been watching the Oct 2025 sailing. ALL is available, so why isn't it on sale?

Is that Regatta Papeete to LA on October 15?  I can see sales on that discounted by approx 65% on brochure fare.  Oceanview from USD4000 Balcony USD5500.  It is also part of the Oceania Club Savings sale so you may get a further 10% off that price.  

Edited by aussietwo

6 hours ago, aussietwo said:

Is that Regatta Papeete to LA on October 15?  I can see sales on that discounted by approx 65% on brochure fare.  Oceanview from USD4000 Balcony USD5500.  It is also part of the Oceania Club Savings sale so you may get a further 10% off that price.  

Are you in Australia?

The US site only has the club sale 10 % off.

Strange that we don't see a sale here, since it is ALL available.

Sometimes Sales are very regional specific as they attempt to draw in new cruisers from around the world. I’ve seen very nice sales in German publications directed to German, Austrian, and the Swiss. Same goes for the Aussies and Chinese. Oceania will run very attractive sales in those regions that aren’t available in the U.S.  Sometimes, it’s just the opposite, and we get the offers.