Liev Schreiber's Sláinte Irish Whiskey Now Exclusively Poured as Part of Princess' Love Line Premium Liquors Collection

LACruiser88

August 29, 2024 9:30 AM EDT

Liev Schreiber's Sláinte Irish Whiskey Now Exclusively Poured as Part of Princess Cruises' Love Line Premium Liquors Collection

New Specially Crafted Cocktails Available Across the Princess Fleet including at O'Malley's Irish Pub 

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Aug. 29, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Acclaimed actor and director Liev Schreiber is bringing his award-winning Sláinte Irish Whiskey to Princess Cruises, adding to the cruise line's prestigious "Love Line Premium Liquors" collection. Guests can now enjoy this celebrated whiskey in a series of exclusive cocktails crafted specifically for Princess Cruises.

Schreiber is an American actor, director, screenwriter, producer and philanthropist globally known for his dozens of roles in film, television and theater, including X-men Origins-Wolverine and the popular Showtime series "Ray Donovan."

His smooth, multi-award-winning Irish whiskey aged in American bourbon oak barrels and finished in sherry casks, creates the perfectly balanced partnership and is now available across the Princess fleet.  

"Sláinte (pronounced "slahn-cha") is the Irish Cheer for good health: uniting people, celebrating moments, embracing life – exactly what our guests experience on our global Princess vacations," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "Liev Schreiber's wonderfully balanced Sláinte brings even more unique dimension to our 'Love Line Premium Liquors' collection, complementing our portfolio of story-based, premium, and elegant spirits crafted by our celebrity creative partners."

Sláinte Irish Whiskey Signature Blend is available at all bars, along with specially crafted cocktails created by Sláinte and Princess Mixologist Rob Floyd, including:

• Filthy Molly – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Filthy Bloody Mary Mix, Assorted Olives, Celery Salt and Basil
  • Passion of the Irish – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Passion Fruit Puree, Galliano, Vanilla, Orange and Soda
  • Sláinte Frozen Irish – Blended Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Coffee Liqueur, Fresh Lavazza Espresso, Vanilla and Cream
  • Tropical Alibi – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Crème de Banana, Lemon, Pineapple, Coconut and Ango Bitters
  • Spank Mint – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Fresh Lime, Mint and Goslings Ginger Beer
  •  

"Princess Cruises is known for offering its guests exceptional experiences, and I'm thrilled that Sláinte Irish Whiskey will be a part of that journey," said Schreiber. "Joining the 'Love Line Premium Liquors' collection is a fantastic way to bring a piece of what I love to the open seas. We've crafted this whiskey with care, and I'm excited for guests to savor it as they explore the world with Princess."

Schreiber's Sláinte joins renowned celebrities in the "Love Line Liquors" Collection including Voli 305 Vodka by Pitbull; Melarosa Sauvignon Blanc, Red Blend and Cabernet Sauvignon by Jason Aldean; and Love Prosecco by Artist Romero Britto.

The "Love Line Liquors" collection, featuring Sláinte Irish Whiskey and cocktails, are included in the popular Princess Plus and Princess Premier all-inclusive packages. The impressive collection offers guests an unparalleled opportunity to sip and savor in the finest spirits from around the world and toast to new adventures as they cruise to fascinating destinations with Princess.

• Thanks 3

Definitely going to try. 

"Everyone" seems to look down on Irish whiskey but I absolutely adore Powers Johns Lane so I'm looking forward to tasting this one.  And I will be trying each of these cocktails.  So glad they are included in Plus!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, loge23 said:

I have mine neat, thank you!

Yeah.  If someone ordered that Tropical Alibi concoction in a proper Irish Pub, they'd probably leave with two black eyes and only half their teeth.  

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yeah.  If someone ordered that Tropical Alibi concoction in a proper Irish Pub, they'd probably leave with two black eyes and only half their teeth.  

Unless it was Liam Neeson or Jason Statham ...

All of the listed drinks sound like great ways to ruin Irish Whiskey. Why would one do such a thing? If the whiskey is any good at all it should stand on it's own and be enjoyed for its own sake.

Okay, Irish Coffee is acceptable so that frozen coffee drink might not be such a terrible thing to do but the others... Really???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Irish whiskey is an acquired taste. Those fruity concoctions will allow non-whiskey drinkers the opportunity to say they've tried it. I drank Scotch & soda for years, then switched to rum, wine, and the occasionally beer.

7 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Irish whiskey is an acquired taste. Those fruity concoctions will allow non-whiskey drinkers the opportunity to say they've tried it. I drank Scotch & soda for years, then switched to rum, wine, and the occasionally beer.

Scotch and Soda. A sad pollution. I can't imagine putting soda in any good Scotch. Perhaps that's a way to make Dewar's White Label or Johnny Walker Red drinkable. I understand that many don't care for Whiskey (or Whisky for that matter) - my wife detests it. Whether it's an inexpensive blended whiskey or an 18 year old Single Malt to her it all "just tastes nasty". She's never tried something like Talisker or Lagavulin. I think that she would not only say those don't taste like the ones she has tried but would say they are "not just nasty but horrible". Definitely an acquired taste. Irish Whiskey is quite mild in comparison to most Scotch.

Note: For those who wonder why my spelling varies above the word "Whiskey" (using the "ey" ending) denotes Irish and American spirits. The word "Whisky" (omitting the "e") denotes spirits from other places such as Scotland, Canada, and Japan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Scotch and Soda. A sad pollution. I can't imagine putting soda in any good Scotch. Perhaps that's a way to make Dewar's White Label or Johnny Walker Red drinkable. I understand that many don't care for Whiskey (or Whisky for that matter) - my wife detests it. Whether it's an inexpensive blended whiskey or an 18 year old Single Malt to her it all "just tastes nasty". She's never tried something like Talisker or Lagavulin. 

I mostly drank Chivas Regal. Single malts always seemed pretentious and pointless to me. I never found one that I enjoyed more than good blends. Apparently, I have plebian tastes. 😉

My go-to alcohol has been Bacardi for decades. I'm no fan of the celebrated, aged rums.

I occasionally buy higher-end wine. I've found that Frank Family Cab ($48.00 at Costco) is excellent and preferable to Caymus Cab ($73.00 at Costco). For inexpensive, Josh Cabs are delicious, and there are several varieties (under $20). We always buy local wines in ports and enjoy them with dinner in the MDR.

For beer, my first choice is Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave (draft). They are now owned by AB, but the quality has not suffered. I also enjoy the occasional Guiness...

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

All of the listed drinks sound like great ways to ruin Irish Whiskey. Why would one do such a thing? If the whiskey is any good at all it should stand on its own and be enjoyed for its own sake.

Of course, I don’t disagree with you in principle.  But this is vacation, the drinks are free, and I’m certainly up to try something new!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

Scotch and Soda. A sad pollution. I can't imagine putting soda in any good Scotch. Perhaps that's a way to make Dewar's White Label or Johnny Walker Red drinkable. I understand that many don't care for Whiskey (or Whisky for that matter) - my wife detests it. Whether it's an inexpensive blended whiskey or an 18 year old Single Malt to her it all "just tastes nasty". She's never tried something like Talisker or Lagavulin. I think that she would not only say those don't taste like the ones she has tried but would say they are "not just nasty but horrible". Definitely an acquired taste. Irish Whiskey is quite mild in comparison to most Scotch.

Note: For those who wonder why my spelling varies above the word "Whiskey" (using the "ey" ending) denotes Irish and American spirits. The word "Whisky" (omitting the "e") denotes spirits from other places such as Scotland, Canada, and Japan.

We are definitely birds of a feather. I was fortunate to have refined my whisky appreciation by participating in a "Tutored Tasting" at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Edinburgh during a business trip.

The theme was "There are no bad whiskys, some are just better than others and ... it's a personal preference". That sold me as there was absolutely no pretentiousness there.

The leader/tutor was getting his doctorate in distilling at the University of Edinburgh. He emphasized that most people's favorite whisky reminds them of pleasant life experiences. I found that my favorite whisky has the most smoke and peat, reminding me of camping in the Boy Scouts (no whisky there, just smoke and dirt - well maybe one of the dads had a wee flask). Islay whiskys seem to fit the bill for me, especially Bowmore.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Teechur said:

I mostly drank Chivas Regal. Single malts always seemed pretentious and pointless to me. I never found one that I enjoyed more than good blends. Apparently, I have plebian tastes. 😉

Whisky preferences are a personal thing. Each to his own. Nobody's preference is more or less sophisticated than someone else's. Now ... let's talk about wine snobs ... or not.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Whisky preferences are a personal thing. Each to his own. Nobody's preference is more or less sophisticated than someone else's. Now ... let's talk about wine snobs ... or not.

I like whiskey and whisky. In my time I've partaken of multiple types and price points. There have been inexpensive whiskey brands that I found quite drinkable. There have been other inexpensive brands I found horrid. Most of the expensive ones I've had were purchased by my son or a friend - both of whom had far more "extra" income than I had. I like some fairly spendy stuff but my own purchases are more plebeian. I tend to vary my intake between Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, and Rye. It's rare for me to put it on ice.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 7:20 PM, Thrak said:

I like whiskey and whisky. In my time I've partaken of multiple types and price points. There have been inexpensive whiskey brands that I found quite drinkable. There have been other inexpensive brands I found horrid. Most of the expensive ones I've had were purchased by my son or a friend - both of whom had far more "extra" income than I had. I like some fairly spendy stuff but my own purchases are more plebeian. I tend to vary my intake between Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, and Rye. It's rare for me to put it on ice.

double single malt - one small cube of ice 

and I have had more than my fair share of the blends - from JWRed, Double Black, Chivas, Dewers and 12, Pinch, and even the I can't drink that J & B 

and never a mixer - other than water, then on the rocks, then one small cube

way back in the day ... a 20oz plastic game day cup - filled with crushed ice - filled with usually dewars

On 8/31/2024 at 1:20 PM, Thrak said:

Some interesting info about blended Scotch:

Dewar's Is The Best Blended Scotch Whisky According To The International Whisky Competition 2024 (msn.com)

Irish whiskey is triple-distilled;  Scotch is twice-distilled (generally speaking - there may be exceptions). 

The word ‘whiskey’ comes from the Irish words ‘uisce beatha’ (ishka ba-ha), meaning ‘water (uisce) of life (beatha)’

Edited by Beamafar

20 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Irish whiskey is triple-distilled;  Scotch is twice-distilled (generally speaking - there may be exceptions). 

And generally speaking, the barley used for Irish whiskey is toasted on a pan while the barley for Scotch whisky is toasted over a grate giving the Scotch whisky a more smokey flavor.

I was once counseled by a Scot that if in a pub and you don't like the selection of whisky, it's a good choice to choose Irish whiskey instead.

• Like 1