I tried chat on NCL.com and it said to call or e-mail

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Usually only happens after hours when no chat agents are online. 

I would hardly call 10 something Eastern time in the morning after hours. It first said I was next. Then it said I was disconnected and gave me a phone number with an extension and an e-mail address.

I sent an e-mail with my question. 2+ hours later, no reply.

European chat works very well. Calling though is not great most of the time. I don't know if the people work from home or whatever, but sound quality had been horrible on the few occasions I have tried. And they do not take into account that they are serving lots of countries and English not being people's first language. Those two in combination, not brilliant!

"Call or email" aside, the instructions certainly did not contain "start a thread on Cruise Critic". I'm not sure how posting here solves the problem.

This is all a perfectly good example of why it is best to just let your booking agent...who works for you for FREE...earn their money and take care of the issue for you. Why are people still calling random agents via the 800 number and/or using chat when their travel professional is a much better option?

15 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

"Call or email" aside, the instructions certainly did not contain "start a thread on Cruise Critic". I'm not sure how posting here solves the problem.

This is all a perfectly good example of why it is best to just let your booking agent...who works for you for FREE...earn their money and take care of the issue for you. Why are people still calling random agents via the 800 number and/or using chat when their travel professional is a much better option?

The question I wanted to ask was how would my TA be able to access the 15% off connected to my Latitudes account according to an e-mail I received from NCL. I had looked to see if there was some sort of coupon connected to my account, but did not see one.

17 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

I can only speak for me but my “consultant” was so bad that I basically fired him. He kept calling trying to sell, etc. 

To my knowledge, I do not have any assigned agent for a couple years now and that’s fine by me. I do my own booking. If I need help, I call and get it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

The question I wanted to ask was how would my TA be able to access the 15% off connected to my Latitudes account according to an e-mail I received from NCL. I had looked to see if there was some sort of coupon connected to my account, but did not see one.

Seems like "how would my TA be able to acess" is something for the TA to worry about, not you. A good TA should already know how to access the discount, they won't depend on you for instructions. Remember, this is what the TA is being paid to do...no reason for you to do all the work and research for them.

24 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I can only speak for me but my “consultant” was so bad that I basically fired him. He kept calling trying to sell, etc. 

To my knowledge, I do not have any assigned agent for a couple years now and that’s fine by me. I do my own booking. If I need help, I call and get it.

Well, you do have to find an use a good and knowledgeable person....PCC or TA. But I wouldn't just assume everything is OK because I don't see the problem. That is what happended to the lobster sitting in the pot of water...

OP here. I figured out why I did not see the 15% off coupon in my Latitudes account. Both DW and I get e-mail communications from NCL in my ep-mail account. The coupon is in her Latitudes account, not mine. 🤦‍♂️

Most of the time I get a human to chat with. But - sometimes the human says that the human in chat can't take care of what I want to take care of... so then they give the number.

Telling someone to call is fine and dandy except for someone who is hearing impaired like myself. Then having chat available is crucial. Over the years NCL chat has been invaluable to me. I would suggest to the OP to try again or yes, call, if they have normal  hearing. Hearing impaired doesn't mean you can't appreciate entertainment on NCL, just that doing business over a phone line can be frustrating and misleading. Chat also leaves bread crimbs for one to save. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Telling someone to call is fine and dandy except for someone who is hearing impaired like myself. Then having chat available is crucial. Over the years NCL chat has been invaluable to me. I would suggest to the OP to try again or yes, call, if they have normal  hearing. Hearing impaired doesn't mean you can't appreciate entertainment on NCL, just that doing business over a phone line can be frustrating and misleading. Chat also leaves bread crimbs for one to save. 

I debated whether to give you a like or a thank you. I gave a like, and this is my thank you. I am both the OP and somewhat hearing impaired. When chat said call or e-mail, I chose e-mail for that reason over a phone call. And e-mail also leaves a record.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I debated whether to give you a like or a thank you. I gave a like, and this is my thank you. I am both the OP and somewhat hearing impaired. When chat said call or e-mail, I chose e-mail for that reason over a phone call. And e-mail also leaves a record.

Maybe I should add that although e-mail should give you a recored, it does not when they do not e-mail back. 😒