LIVE: 🇧🇲 Visions of Pink Sands 8/31 - 9/5 🇧🇲

That was fun.  Short, but fun.  We went to Bermuda once from Port Liberty.  The seas on the first day going and the last day coming back were very rough.  All outdoor decks closed.  I think I have a horizon video like yours.  Micheline swore never again.  I'd like to go back, but I think I'd need to go solo. 😁

Thanks for doing this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic job Mark on your great review. ! Wish the time would have slowed down. That cruise went by fast. Safe travels home and I hope you will check out my live on Navigator starting around October 15.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Back to the car and starting the drive home.  Check back in a bit.  ✌️ 

Safe travels back home.  Thanks for taking us along on your all too short trip.  Brought back many memories.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That was fun.  Short, but fun.  We went to Bermuda once from Port Liberty.  The seas on the first day going and the last day coming back were very rough.  All outdoor decks closed.  I think I have a horizon video like yours.  Micheline swore never again.  I'd like to go back, but I think I'd need to go solo. 😁

Thanks for doing this!

What time of year were you cruising? I’d love to see Bermuda but don’t like too much movement.

2 hours ago, ATG said:

What time of year were you cruising? I’d love to see Bermuda but don’t like too much movement.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

June, on Explorer, back in 2013.

We went in April of 2019 on Grandeur and had the same type of movement.  Same doggie bags and closed decks.  Maybe it is just the nature of the beast.  We had the same kind of movement doing cruises from the west coast.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic job Mark on your great review. ! Wish the time would have slowed down. That cruise went by fast. Safe travels home and I hope you will check out my live on Navigator starting around October 15.

Yeah that definitely went by really fast, but hey, we had a great time as usual and got to spend some time on my favorite beach.   Super glad there is no flying involved!!  

No Doubt I’ll be following your adventures on Navigator.  We have sailed Navigator several times and love that class of ship.  Never been out of California so i’ll be interested to see how you like it.  That time is right in the heart of our busiest work season.  I will desperately need the distraction after brutal work days. 😀

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 1

I tagged out of driving a little while ago & now passengering (made up that word ?)  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

That traffic around 95/295 is very unpleasant!!  Gladly got outta dodge.

I may have accidentally stopped by a liquor store in Frederick MD to add some bourbon to my collection.  Some collect magnets and x mas ornaments.  Not me, gimme whiskey.  😜

ETA to doggie daycare 22 min 😃
Emma will be so glad to be home too!  

IMG_4045.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Also - Go Chiefs tonight!   🏈 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We went in April of 2019 on Grandeur and had the same type of movement.  Same doggie bags and closed decks.  Maybe it is just the nature of the beast.  We had the same kind of movement doing cruises from the west coast.

I too have heard the Pacific is naturally rough in that area around S. California/North Mexico in particular but no first hand experience cruising on west coast other than Seattle & Alaska.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Also - Go Chiefs tonight!   🏈 

Thanks it will be interesting. They have a brutal schedule and everyone will be up to knock off the defending champs. I think it's great they want to 3-peat but the history and the odds have proven that is very difficult to do.

Safely back home.  

Emma has been paid off in treats & relaxing in her favorite spot.

Laundry started.  

Excited to for football season to start tonight.

NOT looking forward to work tomorrow but at least it’s Friday already 🎉

I’ll gather a few final thoughts later on.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Safely back home.  

Emma has been paid off in treats & relaxing in her favorite spot.

Laundry started.  

Excited to for football season to start tonight.

NOT looking forward to work tomorrow but at least it’s Friday already 🎉

I’ll gather a few final thoughts later on.

Enjoy the game! I hope it’s a good one but the Chiefs always make me nervous.

7 hours ago, ATG said:

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

June, on Explorer, back in 2013.

We did Explorer in June of 2008 and Anthem in August of 2016 both out of Bayonne to Bermuda.  Had calm seas both ways on each of them.  Afraid to try again feel like tempting fate.  I have heard 1 way is usually rough but you never know.  Not sure time of year has any guarantee on weather either way.