Ship docks at 6am , possible flight at 11am

We are on Celebrity Edge next April and dock back in Sydney at 6am , would we be taking a huge gamble booking an 11am Flight . There are a couple more departure times but pricing changes ( not by too much ) but it’s just finding something to do in Sydney for a few hours as we’ll have our cases…we’ve been to Sydney before plus we don’t fancy paying for a ship excursion on disembarkation.

thanks.

Posted (edited)

Celebrity's advice is for flights after noon, so I am not going to go against that. It is possible on a good day, but a gamble. 

Another option is to disembark late, head to the airport and buy a lounge pass to chill for a later flight.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 2:08 AM, driverandrews said:

We are on Celebrity Edge next April and dock back in Sydney at 6am , would we be taking a huge gamble booking an 11am Flight . There are a couple more departure times but pricing changes ( not by too much ) but it’s just finding something to do in Sydney for a few hours as we’ll have our cases…we’ve been to Sydney before plus we don’t fancy paying for a ship excursion on disembarkation.

thanks.

But the OP wants to know what he/she can do in Sydney for a few hours with luggage.

33 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

But the OP wants to know what he/she can do in Sydney for a few hours with 

made an error 

Edited by rkmw

4 hours ago, rkmw said:

made an error 

Besides this is the Australia & New Zealand Cruisers forum where threads regularly wander all over the place and sometimes refuse to end peacefully! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just in case someone else is reading this with the same question about flight timing after disembarkation, here's my experience today:

Ship (Carnival Splendor) docked about 6.30 am in Sydney. I was in group 7 to get off, departure time 7.45 am. Short delay getting off, but in the baggage collection area by 8.10 am

Group 7 suitcases there, but not all of them, including mine. Long wait, many more bags arrived by forklift, but not group 7. Lots of people milling around waiting. No seats and only one toilet (disabled) in the baggage collection area, much in demand by both passengers and staff.

My suitcase arrived at 9.25 am. No explanation for the delay.

Queue to get through customs. Finally out of the terminal at 9.40 am.

Trip to the airport, say 25 mins, probably more, but say arrive airport 10.05. Too late to check in for an international flight at 11 am

Edited by cruiser3775
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tip, if you had to rush to a flight, is to self-disembark. That means skipping breakfast and joining the queue in the atrium, best before the ship is tied-up. All that effort just ensures there is no luggage delay, nothing else.