Medallions for European cruises

mrell345

I beg to differ.  I wanted my medallion in hand before arriving at the terminal.  For me (Mayflower Terminal), I walked up immediately to an open iPad while there was a much longer line for those without.

It was a breeze and never really stopped for more than a couple of minutes before being able to be one of the first to board the ship.  

• Like 2

One of the differences as compared to an US embarkation, especially at Southampton, is there are a large number passengers who can’t receive their medallions by mail. Our medallions have arrived at 10 and 14 days pre cruise for our last two cruises, both embarking in Europe. 

Edited by milolii

54 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I beg to differ.  I wanted my medallion in hand before arriving at the terminal.  For me (Mayflower Terminal), I walked up immediately to an open iPad while there was a much longer line for those without.

It was a breeze and never really stopped for more than a couple of minutes before being able to be one of the first to board the ship.  

Agree.  It depends on the port.  We were asked if we had one in Barcelona and 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Agree.  It depends on the port.  We were asked if we had one in Barcelona and 

Sorry, continued…

And we did, luckily as it expedited the process for us.

Most people did not have medallions and the line was longer.

So, if you can, I’d get it.  

• Like 2

It all depends if you are going over to Europe early. We always go at least 3-5 days early and sometimes the medallions don’t get to us till about 5 business days prior to sailing

Depends on the port true - but more on the time for us.

On Saturday, Aug. 3rd we arrived at Southampton/the Mayflower terminal to board Sky Princess about 1:15 with no medallions.  Because we were a little later it was great.  Drove up via taxi from train station, and handed our luggage to the guys who put it directly on the shoot conveyer belt, no line to check in, she walked about 10 steps to get our medallions out of a box behind her podium and we boarded with no wait.  Buffet still open for lunch - Easy. 

Now if you need to check out of your Southampton hotel at 10:00am or you arrive early, you may want it in hand; I will concede.

We did this in Boston too actually, with great results and I am starting to really like checking in after noon - that time I wanted a full Lobster lunch at Yankee Lobster before boarding though 😆

7 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Depends on the port true - but more on the time for us.

On Saturday, Aug. 3rd we arrived at Southampton/the Mayflower terminal to board Sky Princess about 1:15 with no medallions.  Because we were a little later it was great.  Drove up via taxi from train station, and handed our luggage to the guys who put it directly on the shoot conveyer belt, no line to check in, she walked about 10 steps to get our medallions out of a box behind her podium and we boarded with no wait.  Buffet still open for lunch - Easy. 

Now if you need to check out of your Southampton hotel at 10:00am or you arrive early, you may want it in hand; I will concede.

We did this in Boston too actually, with great results and I am starting to really like checking in after noon - that time I wanted a full Lobster lunch at Yankee Lobster before boarding though 😆

Checking in after noon is part of our strategy now as well  Depending on boarding times we either have an early lunch or a late breakfast and avoid all the crowds

6 hours ago, mrell345 said:

If we are going on a European cruise will the medallions be delivered in advance to our address in North America?

Assuming your North American address is in the USA or Canada , then yes.