J4 "Mini Suite"

Considering a RCCL transatlantic cruise, and wondering. They refer to cabin category as a "Mini Suite", but other than more square footage, does it give you anything more such as added amenities? It doesnt look like it, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

Considering a RCCL transatlantic cruise, and wondering. They refer to cabin category as a "Mini Suite", but other than more square footage, does it give you anything more such as added amenities? It doesnt look like it, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Princess calls them mini suites.  Royal calls them Junior Suites.

Extra space, double loyalty points and on Quantum and Oasis class you get access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner as space permits 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Princess calls them mini suites.  Royal calls them Junior Suites.

Extra space, double loyalty points and on Quantum and Oasis class you get access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner as space permits 

and a tub instead of the tube shower

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer will have the extra space, double points and bathtub mentioned above, plus a walk-in closet. I believe there's also a coffee maker in the room, although I'm not 100% sure about Voyager class.  But no dinners in Coastal Kitchen (the suite restaurant) since it doesn't exist on that class.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

Coffee maker in the room. In addition to the added space, you get the coffee maker. My favorite perk.  Honestly this is our favorite category of stateroom on any Royal Ship. Especially for that transatlantic you may enjoy having that extra space and the larger balcony.  

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal is very inconsistent with suite amenities.  

I think the only inconsistency is with regards to access to Coastal Kitchen, but that is because not all ships have that venue.  What other inconsistencies are there regarding JS benefits?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

14 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I think the only inconsistency is with regards to access to Coastal Kitchen, but that is because not all ships have that venue.  What other inconsistencies are there regarding JS benefits?

I was referring to suite amenities in general.  JS have very few suite benefits on any ship.  Slightly bigger cabin, extra CAS points.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I was referring to suite amenities in general.  JS have very few suite benefits on any ship.  Slightly bigger cabin, extra CAS points.   

Thanks for clarifying. I was directing my comments at JS's as that was the category being discussed.  The suite benefits are different based on level of suite category, with the highest offering more. But I believe within those categories the benefits are consistent.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Thanks for clarifying. I was directing my comments at JS's as that was the category being discussed.  The suite benefits are different based on level of suite category, with the highest offering more. But I believe within those categories the benefits are consistent.

Full suites don't include Voom on most classes.  However on Quantum, Oasis and Icon Voom is included with full suites.

With full suites on Quantum class you don't get complimentary beer and wine from 11am to 11pm in the suite lounge while Oasis and Icon class does include beer and wine complimentary 11am to 11pm.

Some classes have an extensive suite sun deck, some classes have no or minimal outdoor suite area.

Coastal Kitchen as you mentioned, versus breakfast only for full suites on older classes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It also depends on how you define benefits. 🙂 External to the cabin, you're right, it's pretty much just the Coastal Kitchen or lack thereof. But for some people (myself included), the walk-in closet is a HUGE draw, and not all JS have them. 

21 hours ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

On a TA-Extra discount price 150% (Single occupant), Extra CAS points, Extra room space, Extra balcony space, Extra closet space, Extra large shower, Extra shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. Morning & afternoon room cleaning, Coffee machine!  Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

On a TA-Extra discount price 150% (Single occupant)

Don't see where the OP said they were at the C&A level to get that.

Biker, who assumes a D+ at that level wouldn't be asking this somewhat basic question.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Don't see where the OP said they were at the C&A level to get that.

Biker, who assumes a D+ at that level wouldn't be asking this somewhat basic question.

No need for C&A status for this particular discount price 150% benefit.   Only requirement are specific identified crossing, TransAtlantic and TransPacific voyages as a Single Occupant.   However, if you're C&A  D+340 and a Single Occupant the discount price is 125%.  Here's the most recent published reference document attached.  Hope this helps!

RCCL_reposition_reduced_rate_TA_8.1.2024.pdf

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Only requirement are specific identified crossings, TransAtlantic and TransPacific voyages as a Single Occupant.

The problem with that list is that it's like the GGG flier - at any time that deal could be "sold out", especially for some of the close in sailings. Also, with RCI math, it almost never translates to actually being 150% of the double occupancy fare due to different discounts for second person and other pricing chicanery (and that math also applies to the 340+ D+ solo discount).

• Thanks 1