No more Simply More

Jancruz

3 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I agree with you. Oceania should have priced in some form of included perks in the fare. In my opinion, going back to Cruise Only no longer classifies them as a premium cruise line. They're getting to be more like the megaship cruise lines where everything is ala carte.  I don't understand what management was thinking.

As a customer who does drink wine with meals and goes on ship excursions, this new offering is not in my best interest. I've been fairly loyal to Oceania over the years but now I'll have to look at other lines.  

Yeah, we like SM, for the drink package and some excursions.  But….you know we have picked out a couple of cruises we can book by the end of the month to get SM and they will just happen to fall within the 30 days of our next sail date so we can get the onboard booking benefits! So there Oceania!!😁

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Yeah, we like SM, for the drink package and some excursions.  But….you know we have picked out a couple of cruises we can book by the end of the month to get SM and they will just happen to fall within the 30 days of our next sail date so we can get the onboard booking benefits! So there Oceania!!😁

I have a feeling Oceania management is watching to see how many customers book SM during the small window. They'll get a better handle on what we want for the future.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I have a feeling Oceania management is watching to see how many customers book SM during the small window. They'll get a better handle on what we want for the future.

I’m sure they’ll be watching and probably hoping for a rush of bookings. I’m not so sure it will give them useful metrics going forward, as why wouldn’t you go ahead and book by 9/30 before the benefits disappear, if you had a cruise you were planning on anyway?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

If you're unhappy with the new plan, I suggest calling Oceania to address your concerns to a representative. Posting it here will do us no good. If Oceania knows how people feel, they will have a better idea of how to proceed.

The representative I spoke to yesterday said Oceania is listening to the customer comments. They have not decided whether they're going to continue this way after Jan 1.

Please don't argue with me about this. I am just relaying his thoughts to you. He felt it was going to be a limited time plan so Oceania could get passenger feedback.

Safe travels

😎🌊

I sorry to tell you but he was not telling the truth..remember the reps are the last to know anything..this is not a practice..!!

Jancruz1

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

SM is gone!!

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jancruz1 … if you wish …you are more than welcome to pass this along to FDR, FDR Jr. and Oceania management. 😀

I have followed the last 5 pages and already committed way more than I expected to on this thread. I primarily want to express my disappointment and dissatisfaction with the new ‘Your World Included’ scheme.

Our upcoming TA is from ATH to MIA this November. This our first, and last,  under the ‘Simply More’ program.

If you did not seen my first post …

We will have sailed on 12 voyages ( Gold Loyalty ) and 247 nights with Oceania.

This is a summary of our past Oceania cruises …

Panama canal once in each direction 👍

Panama City north along Central America & Mexico to SFO

Three Mediterranean including Trieste, Rome, Malta, BCN and Malaga 

Twice upriver to overnight in Sevilla

Four trans-Atlantic … much prefer East to West

Bordeaux, Pamplona, Bilbao, twice to Lisbon

Canary Islands 👍 Casablanca 👎 twice to Gibraltar 👍

South America and Chilean fjords twice to BA, Ushuaia, LIM and MIA

Falkland Islands

Auckland, Milford Sound, Burnie to Melbourne and Sydney 👍👍

Cuba and Great Stirupp Cay 👍

14 of the 16 Caribbean islands on 2 cruises 

Two times in western Caribbean and Harvest Caye 👎

Three times to Bermuda Dock Yards 👎, Hamilton 👌 and St. George

Three times to Funchal 👌

Vancouver to Seward twice, Hubbard glacier and HAL to Glacier Bay N.P.

30-days to Japan and Korea on Regent including Dutch Harbor

We had also booked a cruise to Greenland and Iceland, which was canceled due to Covid. A similar itinerary has not been offered for the last 5-years.

We are quite confident that our upcoming November TA on Vista will be our final Oceania cruise until the program changes. ☹️

The O-Life program just worked much better of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

This is more like the Old O'Life program, that was also a failure because if you took one of their O'Life choices the price cost for it was reflected in the cruise price. SM added so much more for a very small increase in the price of the cruises. Viking Ocean, who I consider Oceania's biggest competitor, has always provided wine and beer with meals and one included shore excursion in every port. The dropping of SM now, will make Oceania much less competitive with VO.

I don't see VO as Oceania's chief competitor at all.  I think people will move to Seabourn, Regent, or Silversea.

• Like 4

Jancruz

i have been on these boards , on and off, since 2003, and see you name ofren

are you a travel agent, and do you get insider info from the cruise lines?

just wondering

your input is informative

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Oh Orv you make me blush..I love you and Teresa too..

Jancruz1

OK, ORV or Jancruz, we live in CA and would love to get in touch with you. Any info?

Loretta

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I sorry to tell you but he was not telling the truth..remember the reps are the last to know anything..this is not a practice..!!

Jancruz1

It sounded like he cared. 😥

2 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I am unable to email you using your hotlink (?), but you can see my email address in my signature line.

Speaking of signature lines.   I used to see these but don’t anymore. Is there a setting for this I may have turned off??

1 minute ago, EJL2023 said:

Speaking of signature lines.   I used to see these but don’t anymore. Is there a setting for this I may have turned off??

Yes, its a setting…… that’s all I know.

I can be reached at RobinKPhD at icloud dot com

7 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Just need to find others of like minds, have no extended family and no fiends or acquaintances that would favour that kind of travel.

We found out long ago that even the best of friends don’t always travel well together. Particularly on big trips. No one is wrong or right, just different perspectives. 
We also found out long ago that DH and I travel well together. We always take time pre or post cruise, or both, to explore on land. Even if it is only a week or less….or more. We like each other’s company, and I enjoy the planning process. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I am unable to email you using your hotlink (?), but you can see my email address in my signature line.

I can tell you that the link does work.  Someone just emailed me about two hours ago,

if it doesn’t now, I don’t know why.

Terri

41 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I can tell you that the link does work.  Someone just emailed me about two hours ago,

if it doesn’t now, I don’t know why.

Terri

My IT skills $uck 😞

• Haha 1