Move up Bid to Junior Suite

Hi all:

We are currently in a balcony cabin on the Navigator.   I am looking at the move up bids.   

Other than a larger cabin, what perks would we get if we were successful in winning a move up bid to a junior suite?   I'm just trying to figure out if a bid is worth it.

We are Diamond Plus if that makes a difference.

Thanks to all for your responses.

6 minutes ago, workingboy said:

Hi all:

We are currently in a balcony cabin on the Navigator.   I am looking at the move up bids.   

Other than a larger cabin, what perks would we get if we were successful in winning a move up bid to a junior suite?   I'm just trying to figure out if a bid is worth it.

You will have the larger cabin and priority boarding.  You will not get the extra point per night with a Royal Up bid since you get the points of your original cabin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Double C&A points

Stateroom serviced (cleaned) twice a day

That's about it.

No double points on the Royal Up since they are bidding from a balcony cabin.  They get the points associated with the original booking.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You will have the larger cabin and priority boarding.  You will not get the extra point per night with a Royal Up bid since you get the points of your original cabin.

Not on the last few sailings I did in a JS. It may depend on the port but I can tell you that Port Canaveral no longer recognizes a JS for priority boarding....suite check in or allowed to sit in the suite boarding lounge area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No double points on the Royal Up since they are bidding from a balcony cabin.  They get the points associated with the original booking.

Yep.  You're absolutely right.  I had a brain fart and forgot they were talking about a RU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Not on the last few sailings I did in a JS. It may depend on the port but I can tell you that Port Canaveral no longer recognizes a JS for priority boarding....suite check in or allowed to sit in the suite boarding lounge area. 

Not disputing your post...but how do they know you are in a JS and not a full suite ?  Doesn't the set sail pass just say "suite" ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chfenton said:

Don't you also get access to coastal kitchen if space available for dinners if you are in a junior suite?  This might add to the value for some.

OP said he is on navigator who doesnt have a ck. 

The poster appears to be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas. I don’t believe the Navigator has a Coastal Kitchen. They are only on the Oasis class and the Quantum class. 

OOPS: @firefly333 beat me too it! 😁

Edited by loug1601
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, workingboy said:

We are currently in a balcony cabin on the Navigator.... bid to a junior suite?

Navigator (all Voyager Class and Freedom Class ships) are probably the worst to do a RoyalUp from a balcony to a JS. I have read complaints about the deck 6 and 7 aft JS's in the center aft looking directly onto the large blue covering rather than at the ocean. Useless balconies and highly obstructed in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, workingboy said:

Hi all:

You get priority boarding and possibly double points.  People will say that you don’t but my experience with my one and only RoyalUp was that I got the double points.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

When was this… I got at PC in February.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

This will be interesting for my November Utopia cruise.  I went through the Suite check in this March when I boarded Wonder for my Jr Suite.  If I had not looked at this thread I would not have known that the perk might be gone.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max and Ruby said:

This will be interesting for my November Utopia cruise.  I went through the Suite check in this March when I boarded Wonder for my Jr Suite.  If I had not looked at this thread I would not have known that the perk might be gone.   

Not gone or changed so much as comes and goes. I've seen it both ways.  Dont read more into posts than that was their own personal experience. What I've seen in Galveston if your boarding pass says suite, just show that and board with suites. Dont get into a discussion just go with it. Some says you get it on older ships but not the newer oasis class for instance. Whatever your pass says just show it at the terminal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Not disputing your post...but how do they know you are in a JS and not a full suite ?  Doesn't the set sail pass just say "suite" ?

They see it says "Sea Class". You have to be in "Sky Class" or better. They told me this when I went to check in under the suites....and then again when I went to try to get into the suite lounge area. I even questioned it and they wouldn't budge.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I think the change to the regular "Sea Class" JS not getting priority is due to now having "Sky Class" JS also.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, workingboy said:

Thanks to all.  It doesn't appear to be worth the money.

Navigator will also have a walk-in closet and a Lavazza coffee maker, if those things are particularly worthwhile to you.  All in all, though, I agree--on the Voyager class, I probably wouldn't bother to bid on a JS, since I don't care of the location of some of them, there's no Coastal Kitchen, and you don't (usually) get the double points.

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I think the change to the regular "Sea Class" JS not getting priority is due to now having "Sky Class" JS also.

So perhaps, and I am just supposing here, ships that have that distinction don’t allow regular JSs to board as a suite?  Others without such a distinction do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, poocher said:

So perhaps, and I am just supposing here, ships that have that distinction don’t allow regular JSs to board as a suite?  Others without such a distinction do?

I was wondering the same thing. It will be interesting to see people's experiences from different ships and different ports. I'll be able to report on the Symphony from Miami in three months, if nobody beats me to it. 😉