Oceania: Your World Included New Value Promise

Oceania Cruises Includes Gratuities For All Guests As It Unveils Your World Included New Value Promise

Download as PDFSeptember 05, 2024 9:00am EDT 

Gratuities, gourmet specialty dining, sodas, specialty coffees and teas, and WiFi are all included in the new bundle of value-packed amenities

MIAMI, Sept. 5, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Oceania Cruises®, the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has unveiled Your World Included™, its new brand value promise that features an updated selection of always included amenities for all guests across the globe, cementing its brand promise, Your World. Your Way.®

(PRNewsfoto/Oceania Cruises)

As part of Your World Included, all guests will now receive included shipboard gratuities for stateroom attendants, butlers, and dining waitstaff automatically in their cruise fare. Previously, gratuities had been included selectively as travel partner or loyalty club amenities or for guests from certain regions of the world.

Gratuities are in addition to other Your World Included amenities: dining at all gourmet specialty restaurants; sodas, juices, specialty coffees and teas; still and sparkling Vero Water®; unlimited Starlink® WiFi; in-room dining; fruit smoothies, gelato and artisan ice cream; group fitness classes; and laundry services. 

The updated inclusions will begin on October 1, 2024, for all new reservations on sailings departing on or after January 1, 2025. The line's current simply MORE™ offering will end on September 30, 2024, meaning that a shore excursion credit and beverage package will no longer be automatically included.

The change has come following guest feedback highlighting that while they enjoyed the simply MORE inclusions, they would rather global guest inclusions focused on what mattered most. At the top of this list was always included gratuities for all guests.    

"Oceania Cruises' promise to show our guests Your World. Your Way has been at the heart of our business since we launched more than 20 years ago. The change has come following feedback from guests, highlighting that they would prefer that we include amenities valued by all versus amenities valued by some. Not surprisingly, our guests place the greatest value on our core inclusions such as free specialty dining and free WiFi; including gratuities creates the richest possible array of amenities and benefits for our guests globally," said Frank A. Del Rio, President of Oceania Cruises. "It also gives us a clearly defined position in the cruise sector as the leading ultra-premium line of choice, offering outsized value to our guests."

Based on a 10-day cruise, guests will receive always included amenities valued at more than $1,800 per stateroom when compared to premium cruise lines. This figure is based on average charges made for gratuities, WiFi, non-alcoholic beverage packages, and specialty dining reservations.

"Here at Oceania Cruises, we've always been renowned for our warm and authentic service; it's part of the intangible magic of sailing on board one of our small, luxurious ships. I'm delighted that we are adding in gratuities for all guests, as our dedicated onboard team is working for guests' smiles – not their tip. Making every interaction with our guests count is our service culture mantra," said Del Rio.

The generous suite of always included amenities through the new Your World Included brand value promise in full:

• Gourmet Specialty Restaurants: A variety of distinctive, open-seating restaurants, all at no additional charge.
  • In-Suite and In-Stateroom Dining: Our hot and cold in-room dining selections are sublime and complimentary.
  • Unlimited WiFi: Starlink® connectivity affords much quicker upload and download speeds.
  • Sodas, Specialty Coffees & Teas: Whether at a restaurant, lounge or Baristas coffee bar, it's always free.
  • Still & Sparkling Vero Water®: Unlimited, eco-friendly and great tasting, the gold standard of still and sparkling water.
  • Juices, Smoothies & Gourmet Ice Cream: Cold-pressed juices, fruit smoothies, homemade gelato and gourmet ice creams are always included.
  • Group Fitness Classes: Choose from a selection of free classes at Aquamar® Spa + Vitality Center.
  • Laundry Services: With free launderettes included along with laundry services and pressing for Concierge and Suite levels, you'll always look your finest.
  • Shipboard Gratuities: Our people make the difference – they work for your smile, not for your tip.

Guests can personalize their vacation experience with extras such as air transportation and transfers, shore excursions, or a beverage package, to be added according to preference.

For additional information on Oceania Cruises' small-ship luxury product, exquisitely crafted cuisine and expertly curated travel experiences, visit OceaniaCruises.com, call 855-OCEANIA, or speak with a professional travel advisor.

About Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises is the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line's eight small, luxurious ships carry a maximum of 1,250 guests and feature The Finest Cuisine at Sea® and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly curated travel experiences are available aboard the designer-inspired, small ships, which call on more than 600 marquee and boutique ports in more than 100 countries on seven continents, on voyages that range from seven to more than 200 days. Oceania Cruises has two additional ships on order scheduled for delivery in 2027 and 2028 or 2029[1]. Oceania Cruises is a wholly owned subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH). To learn more, visit www.nclhltd.com.
[1] Delivery for the second Oceania Cruises ship is contractually scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2028, but may be delayed to 2029.

View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oceania-cruises-includes-gratuities-for-all-guests-as-it-unveils-your-world-included-new-value-promise-302239223.html

SOURCE Oceania Cruises

Released September 5, 2024

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Oceania Cruises Includes Gratuities For All Guests As It Unveils Your World Included New Value Promise

Download as PDFSeptember 05, 2024 9:00am EDT 

Gratuities, gourmet specialty dining, sodas, specialty coffees and teas, and WiFi are all included in the new bundle of value-packed amenities

MIAMI, Sept. 5, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Oceania Cruises®, the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has unveiled Your World Included™, its new brand value promise that features an updated selection of always included amenities for all guests across the globe, cementing its brand promise, Your World. Your Way.®

(PRNewsfoto/Oceania Cruises)

As part of Your World Included, all guests will now receive included shipboard gratuities for stateroom attendants, butlers, and dining waitstaff automatically in their cruise fare. Previously, gratuities had been included selectively as travel partner or loyalty club amenities or for guests from certain regions of the world.

Gratuities are in addition to other Your World Included amenities: dining at all gourmet specialty restaurants; sodas, juices, specialty coffees and teas; still and sparkling Vero Water®; unlimited Starlink® WiFi; in-room dining; fruit smoothies, gelato and artisan ice cream; group fitness classes; and laundry services. 

The updated inclusions will begin on October 1, 2024, for all new reservations on sailings departing on or after January 1, 2025. The line's current simply MORE™ offering will end on September 30, 2024, meaning that a shore excursion credit and beverage package will no longer be automatically included.

The change has come following guest feedback highlighting that while they enjoyed the simply MORE inclusions, they would rather global guest inclusions focused on what mattered most. At the top of this list was always included gratuities for all guests.    

"Oceania Cruises' promise to show our guests Your World. Your Way has been at the heart of our business since we launched more than 20 years ago. The change has come following feedback from guests, highlighting that they would prefer that we include amenities valued by all versus amenities valued by some. Not surprisingly, our guests place the greatest value on our core inclusions such as free specialty dining and free WiFi; including gratuities creates the richest possible array of amenities and benefits for our guests globally," said Frank A. Del Rio, President of Oceania Cruises. "It also gives us a clearly defined position in the cruise sector as the leading ultra-premium line of choice, offering outsized value to our guests."

Based on a 10-day cruise, guests will receive always included amenities valued at more than $1,800 per stateroom when compared to premium cruise lines. This figure is based on average charges made for gratuities, WiFi, non-alcoholic beverage packages, and specialty dining reservations.

"Here at Oceania Cruises, we've always been renowned for our warm and authentic service; it's part of the intangible magic of sailing on board one of our small, luxurious ships. I'm delighted that we are adding in gratuities for all guests, as our dedicated onboard team is working for guests' smiles – not their tip. Making every interaction with our guests count is our service culture mantra," said Del Rio.

The generous suite of always included amenities through the new Your World Included brand value promise in full:

• Gourmet Specialty Restaurants: A variety of distinctive, open-seating restaurants, all at no additional charge.
  • In-Suite and In-Stateroom Dining: Our hot and cold in-room dining selections are sublime and complimentary.
  • Unlimited WiFi: Starlink® connectivity affords much quicker upload and download speeds.
  • Sodas, Specialty Coffees & Teas: Whether at a restaurant, lounge or Baristas coffee bar, it's always free.
  • Still & Sparkling Vero Water®: Unlimited, eco-friendly and great tasting, the gold standard of still and sparkling water.
  • Juices, Smoothies & Gourmet Ice Cream: Cold-pressed juices, fruit smoothies, homemade gelato and gourmet ice creams are always included.
  • Group Fitness Classes: Choose from a selection of free classes at Aquamar® Spa + Vitality Center.
  • Laundry Services: With free launderettes included along with laundry services and pressing for Concierge and Suite levels, you'll always look your finest.
  • Shipboard Gratuities: Our people make the difference – they work for your smile, not for your tip.

Guests can personalize their vacation experience with extras such as air transportation and transfers, shore excursions, or a beverage package, to be added according to preference.

For additional information on Oceania Cruises' small-ship luxury product, exquisitely crafted cuisine and expertly curated travel experiences, visit OceaniaCruises.com, call 855-OCEANIA, or speak with a professional travel advisor.

About Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises is the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line's eight small, luxurious ships carry a maximum of 1,250 guests and feature The Finest Cuisine at Sea® and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly curated travel experiences are available aboard the designer-inspired, small ships, which call on more than 600 marquee and boutique ports in more than 100 countries on seven continents, on voyages that range from seven to more than 200 days. Oceania Cruises has two additional ships on order scheduled for delivery in 2027 and 2028 or 2029[1]. Oceania Cruises is a wholly owned subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH). To learn more, visit www.nclhltd.com.
[1] Delivery for the second Oceania Cruises ship is contractually scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2028, but may be delayed to 2029.

View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oceania-cruises-includes-gratuities-for-all-guests-as-it-unveils-your-world-included-new-value-promise-302239223.html

SOURCE Oceania Cruises

Released September 5, 2024

If you’re at any O Club level that already receives gratuities coverage, the best you can hope for is the “in lieu” $250/cabin SBC.

And, since they’re not reducing the fares as an adjustment for the eliminated Simply More perks, O regulars who could/would have continued enjoying the basic booze and tours SBC are getting screwed. 

Gut reaction to that press release: Time to start looking at other options for a “vacation home.” 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you’re at any O Club level that already receives gratuities coverage, the best you can hope for is the “in lieu” $250/cabin SBC.

And, since they’re not reducing the fares as an adjustment for the eliminated Simply More perks, O regulars who could/would have continued enjoying the basic booze and tours SBC are getting screwed. 

Gut reaction to that press release: Time to start looking at other options for a “vacation home.” 

Yes, this change definitely represents yet another fare increase for all, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And who knows if those of us who live in areas of the world where gratuities are already included in the cruise will get this $250. 

So, included gratuities at $18 pppd.  Ten day cruise - $360. Potential credit - $250. Effective price increase, at best = $110. 

So basically gratuities in and included beer/wine and shore excursion credit out? I guess this means now those who want a premium beverage package (or whatever Oceania calls it) have to pay the full price instead of upgrading the beer/wine package? I guess this would benefit those who don’t drink alcohol and don’t take shore excursions? In the end I think this will end up costing them, at least on the shore excursion end. With the credit people likely spent a little bit more than their credit gave them which is extra money for Oceania plus any kickback they would receive from passengers shopping at cruise line sponsored stores during excursions. Now with no excursion credit you’ll likely see a drop in passengers taking ship excursions and instead doing private tours. Not sure how that benefits the cruise line…

Edited by WonderMan3
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

. Now with no excursion credit you’ll likely see a drop in passengers taking ship excursions and instead doing private tours. Not sure how that benefits the cruise line…

I think the excursion credit has been one huge nightmare for Oceania. There have been so many complaints about tours being full and no others offered but even more of a headache I think has been when Oceania have cancelled a port, for whatever reason, and people were feeling very aggrieved that nothing was offered in ‘compensation’ for missed tours.

I think Oceania will be glad to see the back of the headache causing ‘included excursion credit’!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

I think the excursion credit has been one huge nightmare for Oceania. There have been so many complaints about tours being full and no others offered but even more of a headache I think has been when Oceania have cancelled a port, for whatever reason, and people were feeling very aggrieved that nothing was offered in ‘compensation’ for missed tours.

I think Oceania will be glad to see the back of the headache causing ‘included excursion credit’!

We liked the "Your world, your way" options prior to "Simply More." Frank jr. needed to make his mark...

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Harters said:

And who knows if those of us who live in areas of the world where gratuities are already included in the cruise will get this $250. 

So, included gratuities at $18 pppd.  Ten day cruise - $360. Potential credit - $250. Effective price increase, at best = $110. 

Forty day cruise = $1440 in tips. O Club silver and above still get only $250/cabin “in lieu” SBC. (and yes those in foreign countries who all already get tips in their will probably get nothing “in lieu” if they don’t get it now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

We liked the "Your world, your way" options prior to "Simply More." Frank jr. needed to make his mark...

Frank Jr will lose O regulars over this. But, that’s probably part of the bigger picture for the future.

• Like 2

As gratuities were already included for those of us in New Zealand this is definitely a decline in inclusions. We are waiting for the later 2026 itineraries so hope there is a short period before October 1 where we can still book with simply more . The changes wouldn't stop me booking with O  but it would encourage me to look at other options as well where I was pretty 'one eyed' about O after our first cruise which was really excellent in every way

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

Having worked for a tour operator for many years in the past I can tell you that ancillary revenue like shore excursions (we called them optional tours at my company) is extremely important to the company’s bottom line especially when passengers book on highly discounted rates. 

we've not had our cruise yet and the offering has changed 3 times since we booked (move to Simply More inc drinks with meals, then tips included which we weren't eligible for, and now this latest change)! It certainly not inspiring me to book another Oceania cruis so far but I'll with till we actually travel. We'd already decided to have land-based European trips next year so who knows what the situation will be by 2026!

• Like 2

Does anyone know if you can change an existing Simply More reservation already made for a Oct. 2025 cruise on the Allura to this current deal as I assume it is less expensive without the shore excursion credit and no alcohol at meals?   Probably a better question is can you change with no change fee. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, IDL said:

Does anyone know if you can change an existing Simply More reservation already made for a Oct. 2025 cruise on the Allura to this current deal as I assume it is less expensive without the shore excursion credit and no alcohol at meals?   Probably a better question is can you change with no change fee. 

That's not a good assumption.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

we've not had our cruise yet and the offering has changed 3 times since we booked (move to Simply More inc drinks with meals, then tips included which we weren't eligible for, and now this latest change)! It certainly not inspiring me to book another Oceania cruis so far but I'll with till we actually travel. We'd already decided to have land-based European trips next year so who knows what the situation will be by 2026!

Land based trips are the priority going forward for us.

I am not interested in all inclusive cruising as we do not drink and we prefer to arrange our own land tours etc.

The old Oceania format worked well as one could customize ones cruise, so we booked with Oceania - no more. The premium and luxury segment focus on all included is a turn off for our household and many of our travel buddies.

But to each their own.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Vallesan said:

The 'full excursions' is something we've heard from many friends. I'm sure that was a big part of it and of course, it saves them money if they're not 'giving away shore excursions.'  Nothing about these changes has me rushing off to other cruise lines. Even with all the changes, Oceania is still a great value compared to many out there. Every time there's a change with any cruise line we see the chorus "well it's time for me to look at other cruise options because X cruise line is no longer for me." Fortunately for you there are a lot of cruise line options out there, though very few in the same price point as O with those small ships. 

Azamara comes out of this looking like an even better option for those who want to stay on the smaller ships but have your basic alcohol included. And the grats have been included all along. We're sailing the Azamara Journey for 16 nights this holiday so it'll be neat to compare the two lines. I don't need or care about a casino and I'm actually glad they utilized that space as more public area vs. the casino. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IDL said:

You can change to the new program with no change fee.  However, do not expect to see a reduction in the cost of the cruise.

8 minutes ago, TonicTraveler said:

You can change to the new program with no change fee.  However, do not expect to see a reduction in the cost of the cruise.

So what are you receiving in addition to the Simply More program as you are losing alcohol at meals and the shore excursion credit? 

18 minutes ago, IDL said:

So what are you receiving in addition

North Americans will be getting gratuities included. Customers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand already have this, and the price we pay reflects that. So, as far as is known, we're getting absolutely nothing. Simply Less.

Edited by Harters
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, IDL said:

You'll see for yourself in 25 days when you look at what a new booking for your sailing shows. Previous comments indicate it will be the same price, without the alcohol and no excursion credit. We're on Allura in December and I'm 99.9% sure that's what we'll be seeing for a new booking.

Oh, and the big $250 OBC if you are Silver level.

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

Land based trips are the priority going forward for us.

I am not interested in all inclusive cruising as we do not drink and we prefer to arrange our own land tours etc.

The old Oceania format worked well as one could customize ones cruise, so we booked with Oceania - no more. The premium and luxury segment focus on all included is a turn off for our household and many of our travel buddies.

But to each their own.

Unless I’m missing something in your post, I’m a bit confused.  With this change O is going back to what you would seem to prefer, no drinks included and no forced excursions included??? 

• Like 2

Ideally I would prefer if O offered a cruise only rate and everything else can be chosen an ala carte basis and in addition a  “bundled” offering of popular add ons if the bundled price results in cost savings over choosing the items ala carte. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Unless I’m missing something in your post, I’m a bit confused.  With this change O is going back to what you would seem to prefer, no drinks included and no forced excursions included??? 

That is true, but they are still charging the same as if the SM amenities were included. The price of the cruise was raised to pay for those perks and instead of lowering it, they are throwing in gratuities which  many already have included because of country of residence or loyalty to O. 

Edited by Benita
Typo
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Benita said:

That is true, but they are still charging the same as if the SM amenities were included. The price of the cruise was raised to pay for those perks and instead of lowering it, they are throwing in gratuities which  many already have included because of country of residence or loyalty to O. 

Yes, I understand all of those issues but the poster I referenced did not mention those items, just the SM included drinks and excursions they did not prefer under SM.