Shipboard account information available on TV in cabin or just on phone or just in person? Brilliance ot Seas

The title says it all! 😉

I like to check our shipboard account every few days and it's always handy to have that in the cabin, especially if available on the TV. I'm hoping that it will be, as it has been on our recent non-RCI cruises.

Doug

We have not seen it available on the stateroom TV on any of our cruises in the past three years other than on Oasis class ships. Quite honestly, we don't miss it because the app is so much easier to use to monitor our on board spending.😇

Edited by orville99

18 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

The title says it all! 😉

I like to check our shipboard account every few days and it's always handy to have that in the cabin, especially if available on the TV. I'm hoping that it will be, as it has been on our recent non-RCI cruises.

Doug

Just press the account button on the app. Very easy. If you buy something it updates so fast. Almost instantaneously. 

Thanks ya'll. It WOULD be easier on the phone app I suppose, but we typically turn off and toss our phones into the safe after boarding!😉 I'd use my tablet, but mine is one of the ones that RCI does not support, darn it. I suppose I'll have to take the phone out once or twice to check the account; I can manage that. I'll still continue to get a "hard copy" a day or two prior to the end of the cruise where I can do my pencil doodling.😎 Better to react to a possible problem then than on the last day.

Doug

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

It WOULD be easier on the phone app I suppose, but we typically turn off and toss our phones into the safe after boarding!

Which is all good. Just turn it on before bed, check your account, then back in the safe it goes.

Make sure you put your phone in Airplane Mode and then turn the WiFi back on to connect to the ship's network... otherwise, your phone could connect to the cell tower and rack up quite a data bill!

20 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Make sure you put your phone in Airplane Mode and then turn the WiFi back on to connect to the ship's network... otherwise, your phone could connect to the cell tower and rack up quite a data bill!

Thanks for that. I've forgotten how that worked. I suppose there will be instructions in the cabin or in the daily planner also.

Perhaps a dumb question: Once I've followed you instructions, I am assuming I cannot use the phone to text my wife and tell her where on the promenade deck I'm napping?😉

Doug

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for that. I've forgotten how that worked. I suppose there will be instructions in the cabin or in the daily planner also.

Perhaps a dumb question: Once I've followed you instructions, I am assuming I cannot use the phone to text my wife and tell her where on the promenade deck I'm napping?😉

Doug

There is a "chat" function in the app, but it's very hit or miss, definitely not something to count on.  

You'll be connecting to the "ship's network" WiFi (connected within the ship only) with the app, not the "internet network" WiFi (connected to the world), so you can only "talk" to the network with the ship's app, not your regular texting app.  

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

There is a "chat" function in the app, but it's very hit or miss, definitely not something to count on.  

You'll be connecting to the "ship's network" WiFi (connected within the ship only) with the app, not the "internet network" WiFi (connected to the world), so you can only "talk" to the network with the ship's app, not your regular texting app.  

Thanks. That is what I assumed. I'll stick with the tested "handwritten-note-left-on-the-cabin-floor" technique. It works well as long as the other person drops by the cabin.😉

Doug

• Like 1

None of the four Radiance sisters have interactive TV.   I use the app (when it is actually functioning properly)....or if all else fails...get a print out at GS.  Takes less than a minute for them to hand it to you.  

17 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

If you both have the internet (ZOOM) package, and have the phones in Airplane mode with WiFi turned on, texting works. We've also used that configuration to do Facetime with our children back home, and skype to conference with colleagues.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

If you both have the internet (ZOOM) package, and have the phones in Airplane mode with WiFi turned on, texting works. We've also used that configuration to do Facetime with our children back home, and skype to conference with colleagues.

Internet is Voom, not ZOOM.  

And the OP stated that they usually keep their phones in the safe b/c they unplug for the week, which means no internet.

53 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Internet is Voom, not ZOOM.  

And the OP stated that they usually keep their phones in the safe b/c they unplug for the week, which means no internet.

And yet, the last question they asked was how to text each other while on the ship…..which is what I was addressing.

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

Thanks for that added info. We don't use any social media, and I have not used Zoom, and I don't think I'd need it except for this cruise, so I will pass. Thanks for the information though, I appreciate folks who try to held, even old farts like me.......

Doug

• Like 1

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

And yet, the last question they asked was how to text each other while on the ship…..which is what I was addressing.

The OP was referencing the "freebie WiFi network" that you connect to with the app, not the actual Voom WiFi that connects to the internet.

• Haha 1