Alaskan Seafood Boil

Suzcruz57

We booked this dinner venu which is in the Lido Market. Looks like it might be good but now second guessing it. Wondering if we should do Tamarind instead. Anyone that has done it and can please give me advice.

I had it in July and it was delicious. Also quite large. We ended up splitting one order between 2 of us. I found it well worth the price and if anyone in your party does not want it, they are welcome to get their food from the Lido buffet and sit with you.

• Like 1

It is $35 and comes with a bowl of chowder as a starter, a pot with the seafood boil containing crab legs, salmon, clams and mussels, potatoes and corn in a seafood broth. For dessert there is a fruit crumble.Here are a few of pics. This was 1/2, as I shared it.

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4350.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

Edited by Stpatsirish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I wouldn't do it. They serve Ivar's chowder, which you can pick up anywhere in Seattle. On my two recent Westerdam cruises, they had mussels several nights for free in the lido, as well as different types of berry crumble--always a huge pot by the aft coffee machines. You can also get salmon and shrimp every night in the MDR and most nights in the buffet, and I much prefer the salmon bowls in the MDR. You're also in a sectioned-off part of the Lido, where people watch you and wonder if they can join in, so staff are trying to keep people who haven't paid out.  I think they had something similar on Cunard or Princess, and the people there looked silly, since they put bibs on everyone. My advice--skip the lines at Tracy's Crab Shack and head down the harbor to Tracy's Crab Shack 2, which has outdoor seating and a more casual atmosphere and without the lines out the door of the restaurant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

The price is $41.50 now

I think that’s with the 18% gratuity. Still listed as 35.00 in Nav for my cruise this month. 
Just to add to the post above, that was my opinion of having had it in July. I enjoyed it and found it was worth the cost. I cannot walk off the ship and go to Tracy’s so this was a good choice for me.

• Like 2

We don't go to Tracy's, we go to Twisted Fish. But DH still enjoys the seafood boil onboard. It was $29 the first time he got it; I had a little sticker shock when we booked it this year. Even at the current price, it's less than Tracy's or Twisted Fish.

I'm assuming since it's now bookable in advance, it's here to stay 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I wish they had advertised not everyone in your party needed to purchase the boil.  We chose not to have it because 2 people do not eat seafood & we wanted to all dine together.

I do not like the idea of the Lido dining area, nor Cataleno being there either.  Takes away from the “specialness” (nor a real word) of the meal - in my opinion

2 hours ago, Stpatsirish said:

I think that’s with the 18% gratuity. Still listed as 35.00 in Nav for my cruise this month. 
Just to add to the post above, that was my opinion of having had it in July. I enjoyed it and found it was worth the cost. I cannot walk off the ship and go to Tracy’s so this was a good choice for me.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

This is for 2025 cruise Tahiti

3 minutes ago, Stpatsirish said:

It is still 35 for the Panama Canal later this month 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I think things are changing in 2025. I was not disagreeing at all with you just wanting you to see the change. Pinnacle, Canallto, Tammarid, are all more. Which is fine prices have not gone up for a long time! I remember when the caviar was $85.00 pp at PG now it’s down to $50.00 and in 2023 we paid $75.00pp on our Panama Cruise on the Zaandam.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

🌺🌺🌺🌺

• Like 2

Wow, amazed to see this thread pop up today as just yesterday i was literally searching these forums for what this seafood boil was all about! I'm on a longish cruise in March-April 2025 and this was an option for two of the segments. I've decided not to go for it.

If you like seafood and all the mess that comes with it, I daresay it's something one could enjoy. I, however do not enjoy the mess or having to crack open crustaceans so I passed on it. If however, someone can say they had it on Konigsdam in the next few months and it was fabulous, to die for, etc etc I could change my mind!

Edited by MaxThrusters

15 hours ago, Stpatsirish said:

I had it in July and it was delicious. Also quite large. We ended up splitting one order between 2 of us. I found it well worth the price and if anyone in your party does not want it, they are welcome to get their food from the Lido buffet and sit with you.

I didn't realize just sharing an order was an option. That makes more sense for us as well as we are not big eaters.

6 hours ago, MaxThrusters said:

do not enjoy the mess or having to crack open crustaceans

At this stage in my life, I don't enjoy the extra work for "peel and eat shrimp" or whole lobster either. Unless it's part of a social gathering.

I am happy to just eat the good parts. 

• Haha 1

we did it for $39 and it was worth it....but, the crab legs aren't cooled quickly, so the meat sticks to the shell which is less than perfect, but it tastes good.  We'll do it again, but we'll ask them not to put on the thickish white sauce (they add it at the end, after the fish is cooked so it's an easy modification). The sauce didn't add much and made it extremely messy to eat....better as a dip on the side.

54 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

$35.00 x 1.18 =$41.30

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Lido deck main!

Yes you are right with costs at that time!

I have spoken with my PCC for the last 12 years and the price has gone up! And he said the price has gone up to $39.00 and now $41.30 But the tax is included!

Have a great day! On my flight home from our home in Maui after 3 months! My home in San Diego temp is 84 degrees and it’s 8:30 at night in Encinitas!🥵

Have a great day

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise

• Like 1