Early Booking Bonus

VermeulT

Can someone recall the date that the 2025-2026 Caribbean season was opened?  And can someone confirm how much the Mariner bonus is?

I booked Jan 2026 on 8/3/24 but only see $375 as OBC on the invoice from my TA. 

I should have AARP OBC as well.

47 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Can someone recall the date that the 2025-2026 Caribbean season was opened?

I booked a 12/25 and a 3/26 Caribbean cruise on 3/27/24. Since I normally book within days of itineraries being announced to get "our" stateroom, I would guess sometime around 3/25/24.

• Like 1

Is this on top of the HIA Early Booking Bonus (the upgraded drinks, wi-fi & grats included)?

I booked Nov 2025 Oosterdam and April 2026 Westerdam both on 5/26/24.  Both confirmations show $100 OBC (I'm solo on both) but I thought that was the AARP credit.

I really do wish HAL would itemize and label the OBC.  I'm sure my PCC gets tired of me requesting that she give me a breakdown.  I have $700 OBC on my January Hawaii cruise and I have no idea where it's coming from.

Just now, NCTribeFan said:

Is this on top of the HIA Early Booking Bonus (the upgraded drinks, wi-fi & grats included)?

I booked Nov 2025 Oosterdam and April 2026 Westerdam both on 5/26/24.  Both confirmations show $100 OBC (I'm solo on both) but I thought that was the AARP credit.

I really do wish HAL would itemize and label the OBC.  I'm sure my PCC gets tired of me requesting that she give me a breakdown.  I have $700 OBC on my January Hawaii cruise and I have no idea where it's coming from.

The Mariner Bonus yes is on top of the early booking bonus HIA perks.

I too wish HAL &/or my TA would break them out.  I have two lines of OBC on my invoice... one is what we get from them, one is what we get from HAL - but that's a lump number so it's hard to figure out that I have everything I should.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I keep everything on a spreadsheet (hey, I'm a CPA; I can't help myself).  So, if they would only tell me what I'm receiving, I would add that and have it as "proof" so that when I board, I can make sure it all appears in my onboard account.

Guess I'll ask her to confirm because it seems I'm missing either the Early Booking or the AARP.  I should have at least $200 each

Then I'll request my CCL s/h credit closer to sailing and add those to my spreadsheet.

12 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Can you request that s/he make a note that you would like that OBC breakdown each time? That's what my TA does, so it is doable if they just make the effort.

@georgiacat You will not see the amount of OBC on the Website or in the app. It only shows on your invoice/receipt. Once OBC has been added to an existing booking, I always request an updated one from my TA. It does not list individual amounts - only the total OBC assigned to each passenger. For example, after my shareholder OBC has been added, I will have more OBC than my husband.

@Cruise Suzy Thank you for letting me know that.  I won't drive myself crazy looking for it on the website.  My TA let me know that our request for AARP credit and military credit were accepted..  When we book excursions on line, does it give the option to pay with OBC?

3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

@Cruise Suzy Thank you for letting me know that.  I won't drive myself crazy looking for it on the website.  My TA let me know that our request for AARP credit and military credit were accepted..  When we book excursions on line, does it give the option to pay with OBC?

You cannot use OBC until you are onboard.

But, you can book and pay now and once on the ship you can go to the Shore Excursion desk and have it switched over to OBC and receive a refund. Kind of a hassle but doable.