Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

We're heading off on Queen Anne tomorrow for 2 weeks. This was a fairly late booking, originally a Balcony Saver fare but after a successful Upgrade bid we'll be in Britannia Club.

We're staying overnight at the cricket ground in Southampton on their Cruise Parking package. (If we ever get out of South Wales, we had to turn back after setting off originally and I'm waiting for Mr HH).

Screenshot_20240906_135043_Samsung Notes~3.jpg

• Like 21

Thank you for the good wishes, it was an easy journey once we actually got going, apart from a brief tour of Sainsbury's car park just before we found the hotel!

The car park was fairly busy but we found a spot and got to our room overlooking the pitch just as the Sunrisers were celebrating their victory over the Vipers. 

20240907_181114.jpg

20240907_180630.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thank you for the good wishes, it was an easy journey once we actually got going, apart from a brief tour of Sainsbury's car park just before we found the hotel!

The car park was fairly busy but we found a spot and got to our room overlooking the pitch just as the Sunrisers were celebrating their victory over the Vipers. 

20240907_181114.jpg

20240907_180630.jpg

You realize that to most Americans (me included) that the above is Martian to us…

For the record, I have been to a cricket match in the Thames River Valley and enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NE John said:

You realize that to most Americans (me included) that the above is Martian to us…

For the record, I have been to a cricket match in the Thames River Valley and enjoyed it. 

I did realise, which is why I regretted posting it !

It's bad enough trying to explain a normal cricket match but when Duckworth Lewis is involved it's a mystery to most people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Summergee said:

We wil be joining you on this voyage but in Britannia.

1 hour ago, Pandypers said:

Will be joining you in Rome!

Welcome both, hope you enjoy your trips.

• Like 2

Bon Voyage! It will be interesting to see your comments on Club. Lots of discussion here of Grills and Britannia, but I don't think we've had a review of Britannia Club. 

Don't miss the shows in Bright Lights Society!!!! Nothing like it on the other ships.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Well, you e got a lovely day for it, if it is anything like Bournemouth. This is the fourth day of steady rain.

And yet in Southampton it’s lovely……at the moment!

• Like 1

First drops have arrived in this part of Southampton. 

When we checked in last night we were warned that it was going to be very busy today and to allow an hour to get to the terminal!

We had a pleasant dinner in the hotel restaurant "Beefy's", another cricket reference!

The room is very comfortable and was quiet last night, breakfast was a bit hectic but we only had to queue a little while for a table.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

First drops have arrived in this part of Southampton. 

When we checked in last night we were warned that it was going to be very busy today and to allow an hour to get to the terminal!

We had a pleasant dinner in the hotel restaurant "Beefy's", another cricket reference!

The room is very comfortable and was quiet last night, breakfast was a bit hectic but we only had to queue a little while for a table.

I am seriously looking forward to your thoughts and posts on Our Annie.

It does seem a very marmite ship and bearing in mind my opinions are from a QG base and  with a mobility challenged husband, all views from regulars add to an overall picture.

• Like 4

We came down to reception and got the last seats so now we're playing guess which ship these hotel guests are sailing on. Choices today are QA, Anthem of the Seas and Disney Dream (which apparently has a clothing range).

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Have a lovely time - the ship will grow on you... 

In cadiz I was due to do the Cunard Seville on your own bus transfer then had my own private guide booked to visit the Cathedral, the Palace and the old Jewish quarter but our Cadiz call was cancelled and we went directly and slowly direct to BCN for repairs. 
In BCN I took the ships tour to Sitges seaside town, which was very nice to get away from the City.

In Rome - I booked the tour with lunch to Orvieto (hilltop cathedral village in Umbria) which was great...and a lovely drive to get there 

• Like 2