Wait Listed

a.madruga

I’m not sure of the question. Are you asking if anyone has been wait listed by HAL for a hotel room in Vancouver? If so, we were waitlisted for our Panama Canal cruise later this month. This was back in the spring.  They let us know there was a room available around the time of final payment. We were given 48 hours to let them know if we still wanted it. In the meantime, I booked a room in the same hotel that I could cancel, which I did once we got the offer from HAL.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Ditto.  Why are you waiting on HAL?

I agree. If you book a refundable price and HAL comes up with a better price, you can cancel the booking and go with HAL. I don't buy pre-cruise packages because I prefer to choose my own hotel. I can usually find something more to my taste and at a lower price.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, a.madruga said:

we have one reserved but like you must know Vancouver is somewhat expensive when booking pre cruise

HAL typically charges you around twice the room rate, throwing in transfers. You can almost always do better on your own.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, a.madruga said:

so we've been told that nothing yet on contracts for hotels to choose from at Vancouver for July 2025 cruise

any information or experiences on this issue will be much helpful

I stayed at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver before my cruise - you call the concierge and they take your luggage from your room and take it to the ship.  The Pan Pacific is joined to the cruise terminal so you don't even have to go outside to go on the cruise.  Have fun😀

• Thanks 1

We just booked Pan Pacific with a refundable rate, I only book hotels with refundable rate because you just never know what might happen. In this case cruise is September 2025, too far out  to be locked in.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, realnice46 said:

We just booked Pan Pacific with a refundable rate, I only book hotels with refundable rate because you just never know what might happen. In this case cruise is September 2025, too far out  to be locked in.

I did the same for May 2025.  I'll keep watching for a better rate and will also check HAL's rate when they release it.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a.madruga said:

how far out did you. get pricing for May 2025?

I booked it May 28, 2024.  Last time I checked (week or so ago) it had not changed. Any ads I'm seeing for Pan Pacific now are for stays through 3/31/25 so I'm hoping once they start promos for beyond that it might include something better for my stay (5/16/25 for 2 nights).

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

For North America do your own.  It is strictly a room and transfer.  Vancouver has a standard taxi rate downtown. for some needing mobility assistance they can be very beneficial 

overseas the hotels often include early Checkin (very early so basically two nights for one) , transfers and breakfast.  Some of the breakfasts I have had were well worth $30 per person. 

do your math.  

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2024 at 8:27 PM, a.madruga said:

so we've been told that nothing yet on contracts for hotels to choose from at Vancouver for July 2025 cruise

any information or experiences on this issue will be much helpful

Downtown Vancouver is full of homeless people. I would recommend staying outside of downtown and taking the train or a cab to the ship in the morning.

12 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Downtown Vancouver is full of homeless people. I would recommend staying outside of downtown and taking the train or a cab to the ship in the morning.

I have had pleasant stays in downtown on the waterfront.  It is quite safe in that area and the hop on bus is just a step outside your hotel. I have walked extensively in the city and the only area that was crummy was China town.  My last visit was three days with my sister and we felt quite safe. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I have had pleasant stays in downtown on the waterfront.  It is quite safe in that area and the hop on bus is just a step outside your hotel. I have walked extensively in the city and the only area that was crummy was China town.  My last visit was three days with my sister and we felt quite safe. 

Same here. I was in Vancouver this summer and walked around downtown, no problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

I work downtown Vancouver and disagree. We’re no different than any other city. We just have better winters 🤷🏻‍♀️

12 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

I booked it May 28, 2024.  Last time I checked (week or so ago) it had not changed. Any ads I'm seeing for Pan Pacific now are for stays through 3/31/25 so I'm hoping once they start promos for beyond that it might include something better for my stay (5/16/25 for 2 nights).

Sue/WDW1972

Where do you find these ads for Pan Pacific?

7 hours ago, mb777 said:

Where do you find these ads for Pan Pacific?

After I visited their website & made a reservation I started seeing their ads on Facebook.  I also signed up for their free loyalty program, so perhaps it was that. 

Sue/WDW1972

10 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I work downtown Vancouver and disagree. We’re no different than any other city. We just have better winters 🤷🏻‍♀️

can we have your local opinion. on a nice a few hotels that we might like

thanks from way down south Florida 

1 hour ago, a.madruga said:

can we have your local opinion. on a nice a few hotels that we might like

thanks from way down south Florida 

Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront, Fairmont Pacific Rim are the three closest and are very nice hotels. Marriott & Hyatt are just a little further away and both very good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Westin Bayshore is also a nice option if you don’t mind being a little away from Canada Place.It is about a 20 min walk away from the port along the waterfront. It’s walking distance to Stanley Park and has some interesting history (Howard Hughes used to live there).

There are a lot of special offers on Vancouver hotels for the winter season, but they generally end at the end of March when cruise season starts.

• Thanks 1