Is the Beyond Pool Deck Very Crowded?

mnocket

29 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

There's a big difference between swimming in the pool and leaving your stuff on a chair vs leaving the area altogether.  IF you are in the pool, you will be able to keep an eye on your stuff.

Not sure what you mean by a "good swim".  The pools are way too small and crowded to swim laps during the day.

I swam laps in the Retreat pool on Beyond.  I did 47 laps in 10 minutes!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

There's a big difference between swimming in the pool and leaving your stuff on a chair vs leaving the area altogether.  IF you are in the pool, you will be able to keep an eye on your stuff.

Not sure what you mean by a "good swim".  The pools are way too small and crowded to swim laps during the day.

The E Class main pools are very well suited for laps, especially very early in the morning, not so much after 9 am or so.

That said, we have a nice pool in our backyard and sitting right beside one the ship isn’t a high priority for us.  I do like the atmosphere in the afternoon when the DJ shows up. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The E Class main pools are very well suited for laps, especially very early in the morning, not so much after 9 am or so.

That said, we have a nice pool in our backyard and sitting right beside one the ship isn’t a high priority for us.  I do like the atmosphere in the afternoon when the DJ shows up. 

And I think they have designated lap time in the mornings.  But once the day gets going and the chairs are full, the pool will be too. 

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

Does the DJ take requests?  

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Not on E class ships, the pools are huge and if you go early enough can get quite a few laps in. Especially on the transatlantic water wasn't very warm but doesn't bother me body temperature soon adjusts.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I think the number of  pool Butlers should be increased & be more than towel people..give more service and have better training as to removing belongings

Definitely need more than one pool butler in the Solarium pool and could greatly benefit from extra training. The supervisor at GR did mention this to me. After this incident she was quick to please. 

On 9/9/2024 at 3:39 PM, Marie51 said:

Just off the Beyond, impossible to find two seats together in the solarium on sea days unless it is very early in the morning or late at night.

Everyone says it!  Everyone!  So, since every person declares this statement, I've been wondering all the time: who are those illusive (imaginary) individuals occupying all seats all the time?

14 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Everyone says it!  Everyone!  So, since every person declares this statement, I've been wondering all the time: who are those illusive (imaginary) individuals occupying all seats all the time?

A strategy may be to take a seat at the Spa Cafe and scout out the Solarium and if people don’t show up within 30 minutes have the attendant remove their belongings.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I always ask “who are these people who want to travel at the same time as me and where do they come from?”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IDL said:

A strategy may be to take a seat at the Spa Cafe and scout out the Solarium and if people don’t show up within 30 minutes have the attendant remove their belongings.  

And that's exactly an issue: on a cruise one wants a complete relaxation, not a strategy of dealing with issues - we leave strategies and tactics behind while on a holiday, after all.

23 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

And that's exactly an issue: on a cruise one wants a complete relaxation, not a strategy of dealing with issues - we leave strategies and tactics behind while on a holiday, after all.

Would be nice in a “perfect world” but with 3.2K passengers on the ship it is wise to do some planning to make your vacation enjoyable.  For instance if you want to see the theater show at night then you plan on arriving early. 

16 minutes ago, IDL said:

Would be nice in a “perfect world” but with 3.2K passengers on the ship it is wise to do some planning to make your vacation enjoyable.  For instance if you want to see the theater show at night then you plan on arriving early. 

Yes.  We need, nevertheless, to give those people who occupy the pool in the morning a credit - what's a spirit and determination must it be to wake up at 5 am (or perhaps, even earlier) every morning (or shall I say night) to accomplish such a "daunting" task!

Edited by kirtihk
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Yes.  We need, nevertheless, to give those people who occupy the pool in the morning a credit - what's a spirit and determination must it be to wake up at 5 am (or perhaps, even earlier) every morning (or shall I say night) to accomplish this "daunting" task!

What are the hours for the main pool?  Is it 24/7?  I’ll be on a warm weather cruise and I might want to swim (a few) laps before breakfast.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What are the hours for the main pool?  Is it 24/7?  I’ll be on a warm weather cruise and I might want to swim (a few) laps before breakfast.

It depends.  I don't think there is a specific time on any cruise line.  From my observation, the crew close the pool and hot tubs on some nights to clean it.  I've never seen them being closed in the morning (I usually out of my cabin by 6:30 am) unless maintenance was needed.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Main pool on current Beyond sailing says 7AM to 11PM

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, IDL said:

At or around lunch time, on our Feb sailing, there were no seats to be found at Spa Cafe either. Some folks even had the pool towels draped on those chairs -- of course, the ones who were not playing cards or dominos. 

The only solution to this is consistent enforcement of their rules, without the passengers having to have the stopwatch running to identify the offenders. 

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

At or around lunch time, on our Feb sailing, there were no seats to be found at Spa Cafe either. Some folks even had the pool towels draped on those chairs -- of course, the ones who were not playing cards or dominos. 

The only solution to this is consistent enforcement of their rules, without the passengers having to have the stopwatch running to identify the offenders. 

mac_tlc

Could always drop a couple of these into the 'cruise suitcase'.

Tick Tick Tick Tick ... DING!

My chair now!

Timer.jpg.b45c6eecd57a24deca4d0d854c662d81.jpg

• Haha 3

Seats saved with a towel or with personal items?  If there are 10 empty chairs saved at the Spa Cafe but only 3 people in line, it's a good guess maybe people are trying to save seats.  Whoops, I guess that towel fell on the floor.