Princess App and Online Experience - What a Complete Mess

cruisinsince75

Can't check in because it thinks I'm a minor and on someone else's Passage Contract.  Can't book dining reservations, because it doesn't recognize me as Platinum and it's prior to final payment.  Tried the online version cruise personalizer and when I put in the booking number, all i get is there is a problem and try again later.  Have tried chat and they say they are working on it, but it's been over a week.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Can't check in because it thinks I'm a minor and on someone else's Passage Contract.  Can't book dining reservations, because it doesn't recognize me as Platinum and it's prior to final payment.  Tried the online version cruise personalizer and when I put in the booking number, all i get is there is a problem and try again later.  Have tried chat and they say they are working on it, but it's been over a week.  

Been over 4 months for me. Same issues and more.

Waiting for that Executive assistant to call me back today! 
Wonder whatever happened to  that Breach a few months ago.

Today I tried to get into the web version and it said it was someone else’s account.

• Like 2

@cruisinsince75and @dog This happened to me.  I was a minor, unable to check in, could do nothing on 1 out of my 6 cruises, weird!  

So, finally sent a message to headquarters and asked for help.  
Try: Head of Customer Support

PCL_Alvin_Stokes@princesscruises.com

I did get a phone call back and the IT person did correct it.  

I also had my loyalty status wrong on the App, called into ocean ready and an agent Alex was able to correct it within 2 minutes.

Usually, I just wait a few days or weeks and it corrects itself.  Not this time, had to try other ways noted above.

This was after the big update for changing the MDR’s…about 2 months ago. 

Let us know if you get help.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

@cruisinsince75and @dog This happened to me.  I was a minor, unable to check in, could do nothing on 1 out of my 6 cruises, weird!  

So, finally sent a message to headquarters and asked for help.  
Try: Head of Customer Support

PCL_Alvin_Stokes@princesscruises.com

I did get a phone call back and the IT person did correct it.  

I also had my loyalty status wrong on the App, called into ocean ready and an agent Alex was able to correct it within 2 minutes.

Usually, I just wait a few days or weeks and it corrects itself.  Not this time, had to try other ways noted above.

This was after the big update for changing the MDR’s…about 2 months ago. 

Let us know if you get help.

and my status on the app still hasn't been fixed ... 'ticket my ... '

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and my status on the app still hasn't been fixed ... 'ticket my ... '

That should be fixed right away calling the OR number through the phone line.

I’d call and get another agent.  Alex did it immediately. 
Try again.  No ticket if they are trained.

30 minutes ago, tobyt said:

I had similar issues and deleted the app from my phone and it cleared the problem, good luck!

nope

website - this booking has already been claimed ...

• Like 1

Tried all suggestions.

My only issue is with the Sun booking for October.

My other 3 bookings are working fine- all good.

No call back like promised.

I will show up for cruise and have bought what I need, pay as I use.  Not going to let it spoil my cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

Tried all suggestions.

I will show up for cruise and have bought what I need, pay as I use.  Not going to let it spoil my cruise.

same - SUN P in October - we'll show up, paid for dining reservations, even with 2 comped premier80 - customer service for refundable OBC - better be - just hope the Ocean now delivery to cabin is not screwed up on my or my wifes account

I'LL SUE - AND DEMAND, I SAY DEMAND A FULL REFUND AND A FREE CRUISE IF THAT IS ANY PROBLEM

j/k

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, dog said:

Tried all suggestions.

Have you tried contacting Princess by sending them a message through Instagram?  It works.  For me and many many others and they respond quickly.  Good Luck!

I had the same experience and eventually it cleared on its own.  Now I can't book specialty dining because the system has not applied my two dining credits.  I did a live chat last fri and was told that a ticket had been created, but as of now it still wants to charge my AmEx.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Have you tried contacting Princess by sending them a message through Instagram?  It works.  For me and many many others and they respond quickly.  Good Luck!

Yes, several times. They are aware but cannot fix or get anything done.  I did not buy premier package. My app & personalizer says I did. They phone, chat, email responses they do not see I have a premier package. I am blocked from purchasing one.,They say there is conflicting information and they cannot let me purchase one?????  Executive assistant left voucemsil. No call back as promised.  I am going to forget about it.

4 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Do you have a travel partner? Does theirs work? 

8 hours ago, dog said:

Yes, several times. They are aware but cannot fix or get anything done.  I did not buy premier package. My app & personalizer says I did. They phone, chat, email responses they do not see I have a premier package. I am blocked from purchasing one.,They say there is conflicting information and they cannot let me purchase one?????  Executive assistant left voucemsil. No call back as promised.  I am going to forget about it.

Did you book a cabana deck mini suite by any chance?  Mine included the Premier Package, January and February.  Both are C1, our Sphere cabin is category CA and I knew it was not included but it was the last one so I grabbed it.

Actually I just checked my Personalizer and it says we have the Premium Package for that one also.  Hope they honor it!

It shouldn't be this hard, and I am still trying to figure out if we have Reserve dining not a big deal if we don't but everything I have says its included.

Edited by Sprocket

50 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Did you book a cabana deck mini suite by any chance?  Mine included the Premier Package, January and February.  Both are C1, our Sphere cabin is category CA and I knew it was not included but it was the last one so I grabbed it.

Actually I just checked my Personalizer and it says we have the Premium Package for that one also.  Hope they honor it!

It shouldn't be this hard, and I am still trying to figure out if we have Reserve dining not a big deal if we don't but everything I have says its included.

If your Travel Summary only says sanctuary collection and does not list the items in the Premier package,  ( booked prior to April 23/24) changes, and you did not pay for a premier package, then it is a web error according to customer relations and chat was not able to purchase me a plus package due to conflicting information.  I am blocked from making changes re: bundle.  I am told U get sanctuary use & private restaurant.  FAQ on website about Sanctuary states this.  No freebie premier package and no matter who I contacted they have not corrected this error on my app or personalizer.  I just don’t want to start my cruise with a hassle over a mistake in my end due to their web incompetence.  Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if once on the ship, they may honor their mistake for some who go to GS and show proof of the error. 

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

I am not sure when you booked.

The one you booked without a premier package is likely the same error as mine.

My cabin is a D0- aft, always said Signature benefits & upgrades- April 23/24 it was classified as Sanctuary collection including Sanctuary use & private restaurant.  No premier package was purchased by me.

The web error remains in my app & personalizer saying you purchased a premier package and lists all of the old premier items.

BUT

the travel summary does not list the items and only says Sanctuary Collection $0.

It also allows me to pre pay wifi & CA.

whereas, my Star Suite booking made a few weeks ago, includes the Premier listing all items. It does not allow me to pre pay CA.  Says it is included.

I’m exhausted talking about this. Last correspondence was with Executive Assistant (JP) got copy of my issues,  and she said she would call me back Monday ( never happened).

Hope everything works out for others. I pre purchased soda package for cabin mate, pre purchased wifi, , bought water for myself and will pay as we use things on board. 

Funny thing is I am only having issues with my Sun Oct cruise app & personalizer.  My other 3 cruises have no problem with app etc.

I have the same problem with the website, every time I went to make a payment I got the website down at the moment. I use Firefox as a browser. I decided to try microsoft edge to see what would happen and I got right in and was able to make a payment. Now gonna try clearing the cookies and cache.

15 hours ago, reedprincess said:

For online website Manage Booking - clear cache and cookies, or use Incognito mode.  

Works like a champ.

As for your app - I got nothing. Delete and reinstall? 

Thanks for reminding this old man about clearing cache and cookies. Worked like a charm 🤣

As for the app....I have no faith that it will ever get fixed, it's been the same company for more than 7 years and app # 3 or 4 and it still doesn't work.

• Like 2