Jim_Iain - Live - comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thursday -  Klawock

I'm up way too early today.   Got a call from my Son at 7:00 AM.   My ex-wife's husband had to be rushed to the hospital last night.   My Son has been living with her husband, taking care of him after she passed last year.   They live in a small town of Hollister, about 1 hour south of San Jose.    They transported him to the major trauma center overnight.   The hospital just called  to advise if he wanted to see his step-father he should get to the hospital ASAP.  Doesn't look good for him.  

I feel so sad for him as so much is crashing down on him.   My gradaugher had a seizure 2 weeks ago and they believe she has encephalitis.   She has lost the ability to talk and been on meds for the past two weeks.    Coincidentally she had an appointment at the same hospital today.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling because I don't know what else I can do to help him out except send virtual hugs. 

So sorry to hear of the news for you.  Hoping that everything works out for the best.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Those eye drops can really be weird.    One my lips swelled up and they took me off it immediately.     The next one really left me with no energy and then on one of my walks I passed out on the trail.   The next one caused sun sensitivity and my hands and neck looked like a battery acid burn.    The last one  worked pretty well but then I got severely dehydrated and then sun sensitive causing burns on the back of my hands and neck. 

Good news is my numbers are perfect in the eye they did the surgery on.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thursday -  Klawock

I'm up way too early today.   Got a call from my Son at 7:00 AM.   My ex-wife's husband had to be rushed to the hospital last night.   My Son has been living with her husband, taking care of him after she passed last year.   They live in a small town of Hollister, about 1 hour south of San Jose.    They transported him to the major trauma center overnight.   The hospital just called  to advise if he wanted to see his step-father he should get to the hospital ASAP.  Doesn't look good for him.  

I feel so sad for him as so much is crashing down on him.   My gradaugher had a seizure 2 weeks ago and they believe she has encephalitis.   She has lost the ability to talk and been on meds for the past two weeks.    Coincidentally she had an appointment at the same hospital today.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling because I don't know what else I can do to help him out except send virtual hugs. 

This was the one I meant to reply to.  My thoughts are with you, and let me know if we can help in any way.  

@Jim_Iain Really enjoying your commentary here as always.  I apologize for not being more engaging but have been getting ready for our own adventure.  We are currently in our pre-flight hotel and depart tomorrow morning for Miami.  We are doing a B2B on MSC Seascape 9/21-9/28 & 9/28-10/5.  

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thursday -  Klawock

I am sorry to hear about all this, Jim.   It's a difficult situation for sure.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thursday -  Klawock

I'm so sorry for you and your son and granddaughter. Sending prayers your way during this time, hoping for best possible outcomes for all.  

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

One advantage of Ponant in the MDR is that the majority of the room are larger tales and there may be a wait for a 2 top.    Most people choose the shared table option and people seem to enjoy meeting people that way.   Even the Specialties two tops are hard to book but shared tables are generally more available.

When you sail on Vista you will find it much easier to find 2 tops.  We had no problem any of the nights we were in the MDR, and there is great spacing too.  We also had no issue with 2 tops in the specialties.  I'm sure on the smaller ship it's more difficult, especially during the prime dinner time.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Here's one picture I shot of the Gym    Let me know if you would like something more detailed or a specific device.

IMG_5548.thumb.jpeg.49dea92ca229f1794aa0c5d9701a1c18.jpeg

Here's a link to Cruise Deckplans that has a lot of pictures of Regatt's Gym

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/shiptour.php?r=4458

Hey Jim, do they have a rowing machine?

19 hours ago, chemmo said:

Jim, continuing to follow on both boards…Make sure you find some time for R &R!

Particularly enjoying your food pictures. 

How ‘chatty’ are your fellow guests? Much as we have always enjoyed our own company we have always loved on Celebrity that each cruise there would be a few people we would ‘gel’ with and some we are still in contact with. 

I think there are probably two levels to my question…Are pre/post dinner lounges conducive to conversation and are fellow guests sociable? I guess this has become far more important to me after loosing my DH last year. I have described myself as cruising ‘semi solo’ next year as I will be with family but feeling the need to ‘learn’ to be solo again…Venues to mix in and people open to conversation will be important. As you are doing a compare and contrast, I guess the venues I am thinking of on Celebrity are the Retreat Lounge and The Sky Lounge when it has its Elite events…

Please don’t feel obliged to reply now. However, perhaps as you summarise towards the end of your adventure….

Chemo, anytime, chat us up. we're the chatty ones in the Sky Lounge/Martini Bar & look like our profile 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@Jim_Iain Really enjoying your commentary here as always.  I apologize for not being more engaging but have been getting ready for our own adventure.  We are currently in our pre-flight hotel and depart tomorrow morning for Miami.  We are doing a B2B on MSC Seascape 9/21-9/28 & 9/28-10/5.  

Are you going to post on the Celebrity board?  I've been on Seashore in YC but not Seascape.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thursday -  Klawock

🙏🙏 for best resolutions for both