Four included daily drinks benefit. My wish = Soda Package instead

Toddcan

I'm probably the 1 in 100 on a cruise who doesn't drink alcohol, so if I had a (small) wish I could make happen is that I had the option to have a soda package in place of the 4 free drinks per day.  I love the freestyle machines due to the variety of diet sodas (Loving the Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of cherry).  Yes, I can get my 4 sodas from any bar, but I am limited to Diet Coke/Zero. 

Probably a pain the butt to manage from the ship side - but alas, that would be awesome.    

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

I'm probably the 1 in 100 on a cruise who doesn't drink alcohol, so if I had a (small) wish I could make happen is that I had the option to have a soda package in place of the 4 free drinks per day.  I love the freestyle machines due to the variety of diet sodas (Loving the Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of cherry).  Yes, I can get my 4 sodas from any bar, but I am limited to Diet Coke/Zero. 

Probably a pain the butt to manage from the ship side - but alas, that would be awesome.    

I think there are more non drinkers or light drinkers than you think.  I never use all my drinks each day and typically use one or two of them on specialty coffee each day.  I will have a glass of wine with dinner but rarely anything else.  If we have vouchers left at the end of the day, we will get some unopened cans of soda or water bottles to have in the cabin.

A soda package instead is a good idea, but I would prefer a refreshment package for my coffees if they were going to offer an alternative.  Either way, we are happy with the change to all day vouchers, instead of drinks during happy hour.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

OP said:  "I love the freestyle machines due to the variety of diet sodas (Loving the Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of cherry).  Yes, I can get my 4 sodas from any bar, but I am limited to Diet Coke/Zero."

oops, I read that as "I'm partial to Diet Coke/Zero"

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Gold to Emerald - Soda package

Diamond/Diamond Plus - Refreshment Package

Pinnacle - Deluxe Beverage Package

< putting on my steel suit of armor now > 

🙂 

Gold to Emerald don't currently get vouchers, so I would suggest:

Diamond - Soda Package

Diamond Plus - Refreshment Package

Pinnacle - Deluxe Beverage Package

• Like 4

My thoughts:

I don't drink alcohol at all.

I don't drink coffee, juices or soda at all.

I only drink water and herbal teas.

We have recently become Diamond and our wish would be for one Specialty Dinner during a cruise and daily water coupons.

We think that would be a great perks.

We're probably in the minority here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Depending upon the ship, it is always worth the ask at a bar.

I’m remembering Radiance and maybe Liberty solariums.

(They don’t have freestyle machines)

I commented to the bartender that I wished for Diet Dr Pepper, a 2-liter from the back was produced and kept on hand. Yes, I did give him a nice tip. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CruseKrazy said:

New to Royal Caribbean.  How does the 4 alcoholic drinks per person per day package work?  Is it included or is does this cost extra?

It isn't a drink package, Crown & Anchor members who have reached diamond get four drinks up to $14 each as a benefit, diamond plus get five drinks and pinnacle get six.  These can be used all day instead of the happy hour that used to have unlimited drinks in the diamond lounge from 5-8pm.

edit to add link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Edited by reallyitsmema

Royal offered the most flexible option of being 4 free drinks up to $14+tip.

While it seems quite inconvenient, if travelling with someone else just using 1 voucher per day for someone else (which is acceptable) and them buying the soda package for you would be a deal for both as soda package is under $12/day.  Theoretically someone could barter 1 voucher/per day for soda package, and 3 vouchers/day for a dining package if they were creative.

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Like 1

Four Diamond Drinks - Have what you want -- Beer, Wine, Cocktails, Coffee, Tea, Soda, Milk, Water.  OH WAIT, you want extra beverages BECAUSE your choice isn't the highest price beverages.  

Sorry, First World problem.  

You can have 4 free drinks.  Make your choices.  Don't complain about other people's choices.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I have trouble going through 4 vouchers on alcoholic drinks per day , so i get fresh squeezed OJ

in the morning and a couple of drinks during the day and use whatever is left over on bottles water . 

With the free specialty coffee available in the Crown Lounge along with the drink vouchers , i find the RC is very generous with their benefits to loyal cruisers.

It keeps me coming back. 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Problem is, where would you draw the line?

Can I trade my laundry perk for a $35 credit at Playmakers?

Can I trade my internet perk for a bottle of wine?

Impossible to make everyone satisfied, when I looked back at Icon reviews.  One review complained not enough seating in the shade on pool deck, next review too much of the seating is in the shade by the pools.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gmerick said:

OH WAIT, you want extra beverages BECAUSE your choice isn't the highest price beverages. 

It sounds more like they want their favorite type of soda (which is only available in the Freestyle machines) than they want extra beverages.

Edited by time4u2go

9 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Not unreasonable IMO. 

16 hours ago, gmerick said:

Four Diamond Drinks - Have what you want -- Beer, Wine, Cocktails, Coffee, Tea, Soda, Milk, Water.  OH WAIT, you want extra beverages BECAUSE your choice isn't the highest price beverages.  

Sorry, First World problem.  

You can have 4 free drinks.  Make your choices.  Don't complain about other people's choices.

oh, 100% agree with you - most certainly a first world "problem".  But then again, almost every post/ topic on a cruise forum is a first world problem. 

Sorry if you think I was complaining - not at all.  I enjoy the 4 drink perk.  My post was about a wish - nothing more.  I tried to make that clear. Yes, I was wishing for the option of using the freestyle machines which I think are fabulous - because of the variety.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Toddcan said:

You should just do what we do....on day 1 we find one of the smaller kids that has the soda cup and just snatch it out of their hands and walk away like an angry parent.  Never once been questioned by someone else and normally the kids are so shocked they just stand there bewildered.  Then we've got the freestyle machine for the whole cruise!

• Haha 12

23 hours ago, Toddcan said:

We dont drink either so maybe a little more then one in a hundred. I like your idea but for me would be the refreshment package ie mocktails. Not a lover of the soda drinks at all.