Questions for experienced B2B cruisers

kathynorth

My first B2B cruise will be this Feb on Equinox out of Port Canaveral. The 1st week I'll be cruising with my son. My husband will be with me on the 2nd cruise. I have a sense of how B2B cruisers are disembarked, then check back in to reboard. From what I've read this usually takes place between 9-10am. However, what happens if my husband isn't with me for the 2nd check in? He's scheduled to arrive around 12 noon. Will I need to wait in the terminal until he arrives or can he check in later than I do?

Does Celebrity ever have any excursions available for B2B cruisers to book on turn around day?

Do you have any tips for 1st time B2B cruisers? 

On our B2B all of us sailing B2B met up the day prior in Celebrity Central.  This is where they handed out packets and explained the procedure.  We were fortunate that we did not have to disembark.  They did however offer anyone that wanted an excursion could join the airport excursion.  Those would bring you back to the ship.  They had drawings for prizes and they do give you an onboard credit for sailing B2B.  Make sure you get that. It’s fairly seamless.  We had the same stateroom, as we will next year.  But if you do not, no worries, they move your things for you.  Enjoy your cruise, and do not worry about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kathynorth said:

My first B2B cruise will be this Feb on Equinox out of Port Canaveral. The 1st week I'll be cruising with my son. My husband will be with me on the 2nd cruise. I have a sense of how B2B cruisers are disembarked, then check back in to reboard. From what I've read this usually takes place between 9-10am. However, what happens if my husband isn't with me for the 2nd check in? He's scheduled to arrive around 12 noon. Will I need to wait in the terminal until he arrives or can he check in later than I do?

Does Celebrity ever have any excursions available for B2B cruisers to book on turn around day?

Do you have any tips for 1st time B2B cruisers? 

At Port Cañaveral (USA Ports) you will disembark, go to immigration show your passport/visa and return to the ship, In Europe (schengen countries)  you only go to one bar (Sky Lounge) and drop off your old card and pickup the new one ( the older card is returned on 2nd day).

You won't be able to board with your husband if you're with the B2B group. Even if you disembark, it will be as a group and you'll be ushered through customs before boarding is open to anyone else.

He can join you when he boards normally.

13 hours ago, MandL said:

they do give you an onboard credit for sailing B2B.

Actually it's a discount on the cruise fare, not OBC.  I believe the Equinox sailings are all 7 night so the discount is $50 per cabin for each leg.  Just contact whomever you booked with to get them to get Celebrity to apply.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Back_to_Back_Offer_Flyer.pdf

Plan on a nice morning by yourself. Your son will disembark at his departure time. You will follow the b2b procedures. Your husband will board at his assigned time. Set a place to meet up with your husband so you’re not running all over the ship trying to locate each other 

On 9/16/2024 at 8:25 PM, MandL said:

On our B2B all of us sailing B2B met up the day prior in Celebrity Central.  This is where they handed out packets and explained the procedure.  We were fortunate that we did not have to disembark.  They did however offer anyone that wanted an excursion could join the airport excursion.  Those would bring you back to the ship.  They had drawings for prizes and they do give you an onboard credit for sailing B2B.  Make sure you get that. It’s fairly seamless.  We had the same stateroom, as we will next year.  But if you do not, no worries, they move your things for you.  Enjoy your cruise, and do not worry about it.

Interesting, do they tell you about the OBC when you meet to get the procedures? I had no idea, but this will our first B2B on Celebrity. 

We are B2B on Solstice next year. The changeover port is Singapore.

We just want to get off the ship in the morning and do our own thing around Singapore for the day then reboard before the ship leaves.

I assume that won't be a hassle will it?

12 hours ago, ciera123 said:

Interesting, do they tell you about the OBC when you meet to get the procedures? I had no idea, but this will our first B2B on Celebrity. 

See my post #6.   There is no extra OBC for B2B cruises.  It's a discount you get applied prior to final payment (generally at booking but they should apply any time up to final payment).

Thank you to everyone who has posted responses! Your info is very helpful. I called Captains Club about the B2B discount and was told I wasn't eligible because one of my cruises is a Blue Chip. Good to know cabin occupants can check in at different times. For some reason I thought we needed to check in at the same time. The website only shows direct airport transfers, so no excursions available. I'll plan on a quiet morning on the ship until my DH arrices. 

Edited by kathynorth

53 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I called Captains Club about the B2B discount and was told I wasn't eligible because one of my cruises is a Blue Chip.

The BC sailing might not be eligible but the other one should be.  They used to not give the discount on sailings less than 7 nights (they now do).  I had a 6 night B2B with a longer sailing and got the discount on the longer sailing.   Might be worth another call. But then again it's only $50.

Eclipse B2B March 2026, 6 and 8 Nights, I got discount in both legs $50 each one.

Past Silhouette B2B2B June July 2024 only 2 bottles of wine allowed in the carry on, we have 1 750 ml Red wine and 2 Small bubbly bottles, After a little chat we were able to continue with our 3 bottles,

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just was reviewing the T&C on the flyer you posted.   You are probably not eligible due to the clause:

. Guest names must be identical on each stateroom booking.

This could be a snag for me, but that wasn't mentioned during my call. They both have the same first and last names, but different middle initials and obviously have different birthdates.