World Club Query

LEESRE

Has anyone not had their World Club Number put on their next cruise?

My TA has said that the number is not valid? Is this because we booked this cruise through a American website.

Has anyone booked through an American website and had their World  Club Number assigned to that cruise.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

Has anyone not had their World Club Number put on their next cruise?

My TA has said that the number is not valid? Is this because we booked this cruise through a American website.

Has anyone booked through an American website and had their World  Club Number assigned to that cruise.

Thanks

Computer says NO!!

This is a repeat of a fault inside the wonderful, new, and greatly improved Cunard computer system.

An identical glitch occurred to oneself, and many on CC a few years ago.

Go back to Cunard, inform them that the original WC number, that Cunard themselves issued, is correct, and to manually remove the erroneous number sitting on their system, replacing it with the “correct” one.

Remember the person sitting in front of the screen will blindly take what is shown as correct, and the guest is not.  There will be no independent thought, let alone a challenge in one’s support.

• Thanks 1

When you think you have sorted it keep checking and also check any revised booking confirmation for your on board credit/final

amount due.

My partner had trouble with his WC number and it would be changed on the booking and validated over the phone but then some sort of Cunard IT run/update happens overnight and the computer kept changing it back to the wrong number and removing the onboard credit and deleting some future cruise credit he had.

So he would get a new confirmation which had the wrong price and onboard credit amount every time.

That meant starting the whole process again!

Apparently he had 3 profiles set up (by Cunard) and it took an internal escalation and many attempts to rectify.

After hanging on for 45 mins on hold, I was cut off. Not a happy bunny!!

They eventually rang me back and said that it could not be done as the USA site does not speak to the UK site.

Therefore I will loose one cruise booking to my total.

I am not bothered about the perks but I would have like this one cruise added to my total number of cruises.

Just now, LEESRE said:

After hanging on for 45 mins on hold, I was cut off. Not a happy bunny!!

They eventually rang me back and said that it could not be done as the USA site does not speak to the UK site.

Therefore I will loose one cruise booking to my total.

I am not bothered about the perks but I would have like this one cruise added to my total number of cruises.

I suspect the onboard people may be able to do it.

• Thanks 1

Oh dear- yes I had the same problem- my Cunard World Club tier was not stated nor was it mentioned on the " My Travel part" of the their ingenious webside. It took me an E-Mail to my travel agent and one to Cunard. Then back and forth- two adressed registered with the number. Now it finaly shows on the My Travel section, boarding pass still says " WC: red"! Not sure what that means.

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh dear- yes I had the same problem- my Cunard World Club tier was not stated nor was it mentioned on the " My Travel part" of the their ingenious webside. It took me an E-Mail to my travel agent and one to Cunard. Then back and forth- two adressed registered with the number. Now it finaly shows on the My Travel section, boarding pass still says " WC: red"! Not sure what that means.

Red means first time guest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

After some back and forth Mail to Cunard an my TA the problem is solved- the number is now linked to my booking and the boarding pass shows the correct tier. Thanks all!

You have been lucky, I have had countless phone calls and emails and still nothing. I was asked to ring Southampton by the American World Club and then the Southampton gave me the same reply, please ring the American World Club!!

The people in Southampton are as much use as a chocolate teapot!! LOL!!

We still live in hope that before we sail we can get our two numbers linked, but I don't hold out much hope.

Edited by LEESRE

38 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

You have been lucky, I have had countless phone calls and emails and still nothing. I was asked to ring Southampton by the American World Club and then the Southampton gave me the same reply, please ring the American World Club!!

The people in Southampton are as much use as a chocolate teapot!! LOL!!

We still live in hope that before we sail we can get our two numbers linked, but I don't hold out much hope.

Time for the nuclear option…

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

Quote booking reference and lay out one’s frustration….

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

Where are you getting you World Club Member from? Mine starts with CURC then 5 digits W on my Cunard Issued World Club Card, it's wrong! Drop the CU if that is what you are entering and it should work.

Thanks for that, but no our World Club number starts with RR not four digits.

My WC number ends in a letter. Spouses does not have a letter. Both of us are first time cruisers on Cunard. We have cruised many times but this  upcoming back to back is the first time on Cunard. 
I thought it was weird that my number had a letter and hubby’s doesn’t.