Feedback on V6049 (Koningsdam/N. Statendam/ Rotterdam)?

could travel all the time

Hello!

I asked the same question on a specific thread but thought best to ask on this separate post …

Hoping to get some feedback on V6049. I am a first time cruiser on Holland America (cruised other lines), and am a little nervous about this cabin. I can’t seem to find any reviews on it. Is it quiet? Is it below the Pinnancle Suite…any issues? Thanks in advance for any info your can provide 😊

Edited by could travel all the time

11 minutes ago, julia said:

You can take a look at photos on cruisedeckplans dot com.  I think it will be excellent.  We have the exact cabin (on deck eight) booked for 35 nights, and I wouldn't change it.

Thanks Julia for your reply!!  but can’t find any pics on that website 😭.

Still good to hear you were happy on the 8th floor 👍🙌

Edited by could travel all the time

If this is the cabin you want, be sure you request "no upgrade" by your travel agent or HAL representative.  If not, you could be moved to another cabin.  I find even though they say its an upgrade, for me sometimes its not........

• Thanks 1

You might not find anyone that has stayed in that particular stateroom to comment, and there is nothing posted on halfacts.  However, many of the HAL cruisers have cruised enough to know the best staterooms and those to avoid.  I have been on the 6th floor on the Pinnacle class ships which are those you mentioned and the best rooms are generally those have have staterooms that surround them.  That is, in the case of 6049 there are rooms above below and aside.  This is good.  You DONT want to be below noise areas such as the Lido dining room or near the World Stage or the Music Walk.  If 6049 were available on to me on a cruise, I would definitely grab it.  There is no issue that I am aware of being below the Pinnacle Suite. 

29 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

You might not find anyone that has stayed in that particular stateroom to comment, and there is nothing posted on halfacts.  However, many of the HAL cruisers have cruised enough to know the best staterooms and those to avoid.  I have been on the 6th floor on the Pinnacle class ships which are those you mentioned and the best rooms are generally those have have staterooms that surround them.  That is, in the case of 6049 there are rooms above below and aside.  This is good.  You DONT want to be below noise areas such as the Lido dining room or near the World Stage or the Music Walk.  If 6049 were available on to me on a cruise, I would definitely grab it.  There is no issue that I am aware of being below the Pinnacle Suite. 

thank you AKJonesy for your feedback!  It is very helpful.  I'm going to do my best to chill now and just look forward to an amazing cruise ☺️  

18 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

click on link, then look at second video. You can see pics of cabin v6049 there.

Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam Balcony Cabin Tour (Accessible Stateroom)

AIdro_l34Lujhw28-oJeQEdGkHUZVkwobUa82X_p
15.1K subscribers

Subscribe

Wow!!! What a great video!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 Really shows the location well. Feels like I was there!  Thank you so very much 😇

Oh no, My bad!  so sorry. I just checked on You Tube and there is a really nice review of V6052 which is the same cabin as V6049 on the starboard size same ship. We had one of these on Koningsdam and it was great. I actually just booked v4061 on NS for my next cruise.

36 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Oh no, My bad!  so sorry. I just checked on You Tube and there is a really nice review of V6052 which is the same cabin as V6049 on the starboard size same ship. We had one of these on Koningsdam and it was great. I actually just booked v4061 on NS for my next cruise.

Hi shiner6, still think your video is very helpful! It looks like the ships more or less have the same sort of angled balconies so I think your video gives a good idea of how the hallway and balcony should look on the Koningsdam …fingers crossed anyhow 😏🤞