What size is the standard wine pour on Princess?

cruisinsince75

1 hour ago, VibeGuy said:

In Vines they have discreetly placed reference pours and they’re consistent 5oz.  In the other bars / MDR, they’re free poured without a visual reference. 

Believe me the bartenders know exactly where to pour and stop in the glass to hit 5 oz

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hillmom said:

In my experience......not generous.

How do you find it different from a 4-5 ounce pour on land ?  Most restaurants I go to have various levels of wine pour f

from 4 to 6 to 9 ounces. Prices are by ounce

With the old Bormioli Rocco glasses they were remarkably consistent.  

With the Riedel their sight pours are much less consistent.  They may average 5 but the standard deviation is higher.  

Unpopular Opinion:  I would prefer them to use Enomatic dispense and preserve systems, especially in the service bars for the MDR and the open decks, to serve at a better temperature, without oxidation, and with a consistent 5 oz pour with headroom to pour two tastes per bottle.   I was *certain* that they’d do a self-serve Enomatic wine bar with a Medallion integration on at least some vessels.   I believe HAL has done this with beer and wine on some - AIDA certainly has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VibeGuy said:

With the Riedel their sight pours are much less consistent.  They may average 5 but the standard deviation is higher.  

Unpopular Opinion:  I would prefer them to use Enomatic dispense and preserve systems, especially in the service bars for the MDR and the open decks, to serve at a better temperature, without oxidation, and with a consistent 5 oz pour with headroom to pour two tastes per bottle.   I was *certain* that they’d do a self-serve Enomatic wine bar with a Medallion integration on at least some vessels.   I believe HAL has done this with beer and wine on some - AIDA certainly has. 

Not unpopular at all!! 

I agree wholeheartedly - cannot believe they didn't integrate it in at least Sun, being whole new ship and all.  They could have easily on Discovery and Enchanted also..

Then again - seeing as they've done away with Vines anyways - obviously, having the best wine and wine preservation isn't high on their list ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Not unpopular at all!! 

I agree wholeheartedly - cannot believe they didn't integrate it in at least Sun, being whole new ship and all.  They could have easily on Discovery and Enchanted also..

Then again - seeing as they've done away with Vines anyways - obviously, having the best wine and wine preservation isn't high on their list ...

They put those machines on Celebrity at Cellar Masters and they were always shut down.  Only once did we see them working. 

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They put those machines on Celebrity at Cellar Masters and they were always shut down.  Only once did we see them working. 

I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember either on Celebrity Edge or Silhouette that those wine dispensers were not included in our premium drink package, but ordering from the bar or waitstaff was included, which was very odd and probably why it was so unpopular.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Enomatic systems range in price from approx $5,000 to $20,000 depending on the size and quality.  I imagine a cruise line would have to purchase quite a few of the more expensive models to serve its multiple dining rooms and bars.  You really think it is worth it to preserve and serve $8.00 a bottle wine in the Dining Room?  Maybe a small system in Pinnacle Grill for 4-5 bottles, but other than that, not very cost effective.

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Those systems were down more than  they worked on Celebrity.   Total failure.  Never have seen on HAL.  The bottles needed to be changed out by hand.  Great idea that doesn't work except for VERY expensive wine.

For those concerned with the pour size 15x5oz equals almost exactly 5 bottles of wine.  Scary amount even if you got a couple coffees. 

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

For those concerned with the pour size 15x5oz equals almost exactly 5 bottles of wine.  Scary amount even if you got a couple coffees. 

Not to argue but I think it’s closer to 3 bottles of wine, even though that is still a lot of wine for one person to consume each day.  With a 5 oz pours they try to get 5 pours out of each bottle.  

• Like 1