'Sensational savings for solo travelers'

Noggins

Assuming it is not just aimed at the UK there are some very attractive (low) supplements for single travellers.

Sapphire Ocean View Suite: +5%

Sapphire Veranda Suite: +5%

Aquamarine Veranda Suite: +5%

Double Guest Room with Veranda: +20%

Double Guest Room with Ocean View: +25%

Seems they're focused on a selection of Symphony 2025 voyages - ranging from 7 - 17 nights.

Almost enough of an incentive to make a chap consider heading off on his own.....🤔🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noggins said:

Assuming it is not just aimed at the UK there are some very attractive (low) supplements for single travellers.

Sapphire Ocean View Suite: +5%

Sapphire Veranda Suite: +5%

Aquamarine Veranda Suite: +5%

Double Guest Room with Veranda: +20%

Double Guest Room with Ocean View: +25%

Seems they're focused on a selection of Symphony 2025 voyages - ranging from 7 - 17 nights.

Almost enough of an incentive to make a chap consider heading off on his own.....🤔🙃

I’m in the US, although not single, and received this email.  It’s on selection on 2024 and 2025 Symphony sailings per my email.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

4 hours ago, Noggins said:

Nothing received here - is there a link to the available cruises in the email that you can post?

21 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Nothing received here - is there a link to the available cruises in the email that you can post?

Now don't you go getting ideas about solo cruising or Mrs Stickman will be after me for putting ideas into your head...

I'm sure we're all (well, maybe not Keith) looking forward to your Symphony commentary at the end of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Noggins said:

Now don't you go getting ideas about solo cruising or Mrs Stickman will be after me for putting ideas into your head...

Christmas seems so far away….

actually I’m thinking his and hers suites 😂

I actually did a land tour to India’s Golden Triangle a couple of months back as Mrs Stickman didn’t like the destination - and it was a lot of fun 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I am a single traveller but, as hard as I try, I can't get Crystal to send me either email or snail mail. Looked and this offer is on the website. It's a few Symphony cruises mostly Europe.

Patty

Did you try calling Crystal sales department and having them check your email address status? Originally, I wasn't getting email and signing up on line had no effect. Calling did the trick.

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Christmas seems so far away….

actually I’m thinking his and hers suites 😂

I actually did a land tour to India’s Golden Triangle a couple of months back as Mrs Stickman didn’t like the destination - and it was a lot of fun 

A typical snowy Christmas scene is a very long way away from you, Terry but in another sense I can assure you that, even for Antipodeans, Christmas is just around the corner. 

Mrs N is rather keen on the his and hers suite idea (🙄). She wants to know how luxurious is any holiday where she has to share a bathroom....

And she has reminded me I've got a boys ski trip in March. (which  she is not mightily impressed about) So definitely no solo cruising for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I am a single traveller but, as hard as I try, I can't get Crystal to send me either email or snail mail. Looked and this offer is on the website. It's a few Symphony cruises mostly Europe.

Patty

I seem to get a mailbox full of them on a regular basis however, they are usually of no value or interest so end up in the bin!!!   

I have a Symphony cruise booked in March 2025 (not included in this offer) that I'm led to believe is currently not heavily booked however, for my friend and I to get rooms reasonably close together on the same side of the ship would have meant booking one designated solo guest room and one designated a double guest room.  Absolute madness that for identical rooms just two doors apart there's a fare difference of $2100!!!!  Guess what - we confirmed rooms on opposite sides of the ship in order to avoid an additional and hefty supplement!!!    Sensational Solo Savings - not in my case!!!!

Anne..

Edited by Jayayeff
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Noggins said:

good to hear you're cruising, Anne! Is this your first return to NC? (or have I been asleep at the helm...?)

No, you've been awake, this will be my first return to NC.  It's a third attempt at a big birthday present to myself after travel restrictions post Covid put pay to the first, OC bankruptcy the second and cancellations caused by the Red Sea security issues last year the third.  At this rate if there are anymore 'cancellations' I'll be at the next milestone before I've even celebrated the current one!!!!😀

Anne...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

No, you've been awake, this will be my first return to NC.  It's a third attempt at a big birthday present to myself after travel restrictions post Covid put pay to the first, OC bankruptcy the second and cancellations caused by the Red Sea security issues last year the third.  At this rate if there are anymore 'cancellations' I'll be at the next milestone before I've even celebrated the current one!!!!😀

Anne...

Don't these milestones come round quickly!

When I was 10, being 20 was an unimaginable time away. (I wasn't awfully bright and like to think of myself as a 'late developer '. Come to think of it, I'm still waiting for the magic to happen...)

These days another decade passes in the blink of an eye. A bit like my egg timer, the last sands seems to flow through a great deal faster than at the beginning.

I guess that's why we retirees work so hard at packing the fun in?! And, Anne, I always think that the anticipation is a big part of the fun. Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TER777 said:

Did you try calling Crystal sales department and having them check your email address status? Originally, I wasn't getting email and signing up on line had no effect. Calling did the trick.

I checked with Beate when on in July and she verified all was good. I figure that following along here and Facebook, I'll know everything anyway. 😉

Patty

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I checked with Beate when on in July and she verified all was good. I figure that following along here and Facebook, I'll know everything anyway. 😉

Patty

I was receiving booked cruises email but not generic marketing emails. I was told there were separate data bases and my address was blocked in the other one. It was certainly worth a 2 minute phone call to not have to rely on third parties to know what is going on.

On 9/25/2024 at 2:40 AM, Jayayeff said:

I seem to get a mailbox full of them on a regular basis however, they are usually of no value or interest so end up in the bin!!!   

I have a Symphony cruise booked in March 2025 (not included in this offer) that I'm led to believe is currently not heavily booked however, for my friend and I to get rooms reasonably close together on the same side of the ship would have meant booking one designated solo guest room and one designated a double guest room.  Absolute madness that for identical rooms just two doors apart there's a fare difference of $2100!!!!  Guess what - we confirmed rooms on opposite sides of the ship in order to avoid an additional and hefty supplement!!!    Sensational Solo Savings - not in my case!!!!

Anne..

Sometimes I like being on the opposite side of the ship as a friend. Then if there’s something noteworthy, we can visit the other’s stateroom to view it together. An example might be Gibraltar at night. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, May B said:

Sometimes I like being on the opposite side of the ship as a friend. Then if there’s something noteworthy, we can visit the other’s stateroom to view it together. An example might be Gibraltar at night. 

I guess to each their own….However, we will be sailing nowhere near Gibraltar, or indeed any other landmarks or anything noteworthy likely to be seen from the ship.  The reason was way more practical than whimsical…😀

Anne…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May B said:

I always liked being on the opposite side of the ship from my family for a different reason...  Their extreme snoring rattled the steel plates for at least several dozen feet.  😝 

Vince

• Haha 4