Would You Prefer An Adults-Only Cruise Option From Celebrity?

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Good point. But I really like suite perks.   I believe that if you are in a suite on celebrity you can dine in blu.  I found food and service and the layout of the dining room in the coastal kitchen better.  Webhave on occasion purchased the unlimited specialty dining package on celebrity and royal  fewer kids in those restaurants 

Suite guests can dine in Blu if there is room. If you book an Aqua suite than you have a choice of both restaurants.

8 hours ago, DennysDad said:

I did Icon in May. 2800 children on board. It was absolute hell. Small non potty trained toddlers in every pool. Pools closed by 1pm for a 5 hour cleaning everyday. Parents that let there non potty trained toddlers in pools because they themselves wanted to be in pools. Parents didn't feel like spending time in the kids pool area. The selfish me and my kid attitude was super sized. Never, ever again. 

OUCH!!! 🤬

(and I love kids, well trained and properly supervised kids that is) 

12 hours ago, wncretired said:

OUCH!!! 🤬

(and I love kids, well trained and properly supervised kids that is) 

I also love kids- 4 sons- 10 Grandchildren.  However young kids do not belong at certain venues-  We have to be considerate to other guests- 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’d love an all adult cruise!  Dinner in Specialty dining venues is a nightmare, rather than “special” with loud kids running everywhere and beating the table with silverware.  Then there’s the people that bring a baby in and let it cry on and on rather than leaving. If not an “adult” cruise, there could be at least one speciality dining venue for adults only🙈

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OdieCarol said:

We’d love an all adult cruise!  Dinner in Specialty dining venues is a nightmare, rather than “special” with loud kids running everywhere and beating the table with silverware.  Then there’s the people that bring a baby in and let it cry on and on rather than leaving. If not an “adult” cruise, there could be at least one speciality dining venue for adults only🙈

That restaurant would be fully booked.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 3:14 AM, Saturngrl said:

Given the type of party atmosphere on Virgin and at RC's Hideaway Beach, I vote "no" for adults-only Celebrity cruises.  Like other posters here, the few children I have encountered over the past 7 Celebrity cruises have been very well-behaved.  I also agree Celebrity is very boring for young adults, teens and children.   

Viking ships are adult only and they are not party ships. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 11:48 AM, Tom and Ingrid said:

If X was to offer a several adults (18+) only cruises during the high summer season, would you pick them?

I wouldn't be particularly attracted to an adults only cruise at any time of year, especially on Celebrity - which I've found doesn't attract a particularly large amount of kids on the cruises I like to take on X.  But I wouldn't avoid them either.

P.S.  Add me to the ones that haven't had any notably bad experiences with kids on any of my cruises.  I'll cross my fingers to make sure my luck continues. 🤞

On 10/7/2024 at 2:22 PM, George C said:

we have done 6 adult only cruises on celebrity and have a 7th booked for March on summit . They are all music charters the ones we do are rock and romance which has music stars from the 70's such as America , Air Supply , Foreigner , Boz Scaggs etc. Same charter company has music charters from 60's, 50's, 80's , Disco etc. 

I wanted to emphasize my buddy's post here.  Many full charters (some on Celebrity) already limit their passengers to 18+ or 21+ adults.  They're not for everyone, in part because they can be VERY expensive by ordinary cruise standards, but they ARE an option for those who REALLY don't like kids.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

That restaurant would be fully booked.

X used to have a  no kids policy in the fancy restaurants.... then only during  early hrs..now open to all!

We'd like a no kids place or only kids early..  Kids can  enjoy LPC and less formal spots.. but crying babies,  kids  hiding under tables or running around can ruin an expensive  adult evening..  (Inconsiderate  parents).

Edited by hcat