Junior suite on Utopia

7 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Does a junior suite count for suite boarding? I can’t stand too long and the keys ( which I didn’t know about until I read about it on CC) are sold out.

Nope....not in Port Canaveral. Was in a JS on Utopia back in July and they didn't allow you to use the suite check-in or the suite lounge sitting area to board with suites.

7 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Does a junior suite count for suite boarding? I can’t stand too long and the keys ( which I didn’t know about until I read about it on CC) are sold out.

I would ask, and tell them you need hc boarding which will also get you on sooner. I've asked when I was with my sister who has balance issues. Just explain to them. 

9 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We just sailed in a JS out of PC on Utopia and were able to use the suites lines and check-in area with no issues. 

• Like 5

OP - once you are checked-in, you will be sitting waiting to board, nor reason for long standing regardless  if it is a priority or non priority area.  Once a group is called the process moves quickly so the next one can be called.  And, because standing is an issue, when you get to the terminal, try the "regular"  security lines" as they are often shorter or faster than priority lines.  So many have priority (many suites/key/pinnacle), or tag along with someone who does, we find the regular lines to be faster.

Once you get to through the check in areas, ask the staff about priority waiting areas/boarding. There seems to be some inconsistencies among terminals if a JS will get priority waiting/boarding.  

If you arrive at the terminal after 12 noon, the rush to board has happened and there will be NO standing  to board once you check in.  You will board immediately 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 6:07 AM, bajathree said:

Nope....not in Port Canaveral. Was in a JS on Utopia back in July and they didn't allow you to use the suite check-in or the suite lounge sitting area to board with suites.

Well they were just wrong.

Junior Suites board with all other, always have, it is one of the listed perks

8 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Well they were just wrong.

Junior Suites board with all other, always have, it is one of the listed perks

Asked 3 reps , one of which was a supervisor and they weren't budging on it. I didn't push past that as it's vacation and didn't want to start it off getting into a pissing match. The real problem is that they continue to use the word "suite" in a JS category that really has no "suite" perks. The JS has always been like this and they really should just categorize it as an XL cabin or something and drop the word "suite" from it that seems to always create questions about this category. 

Edited by bajathree

55 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Asked 3 reps , one of which was a supervisor and they weren't budging on it. I didn't push past that as it's vacation and didn't want to start it off getting into a pissing match. The real problem is that they continue to use the word "suite" in a JS category that really has no "suite" perks. The JS has always been like this and they really should just categorize it as an XL cabin or something and drop the word "suite" from it that seems to always create questions about this category. 

I'm sorry that happened to you as we just sailed same ship same JS situation and had zero kick back or questions. I'm wondering if maybe they understood it wrong for Utopia when it was a new ship? We were on in a JS on Allure last December and also did not have any issues boarding with suites. We also don't show up at "rope drop" but closer to noon so maybe that was why. When it's just my husband and I we love JS as it's the perfect amount of cabin for us and will be booking the "Sky JS" when we book another just us sailing to get the Sky perks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

JS's absolutely do have perks and they are clearly listed.  Unfortunately you dealt with people that did not know this but they are the minority

• Like 1

On 10/22/2024 at 7:40 AM, Ken at the beach said:

Careful on that one.  Only Utopia and Icon get the full Sky suite perks.  All of the other ships with the Sky JS exclude internet

IMO, it is better to book a Sky Junior Suite and pay for the internet...It is usually a big price diffence between Sky Junior and Grand Suite.. On my next cuise Oasis for 3 adults there was a $1,500. difference...We went with the Sky Junior.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2024 at 5:26 AM, bajathree said:

The real problem is that they continue to use the word "suite" in a JS category that really has no "suite" perks. The JS has always been like this and they really should just categorize it as an XL cabin or something and drop the word "suite" from it that seems to always create questions about this category. 

I agree. I think putting the word “suite” in Junior Suite without offering the suite perks is pretty misleading. They should definitely change the name of this cabin category.

I remember many years ago, Royal Caribbean having on their website a list of suite benefits and then they said “excluding junior suites.” I think they should just change the name and get it over with so there won’t be any more confusion. 

10 minutes ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

I think putting the word “suite” in Junior Suite without offering the suite perks is pretty misleading. They should definitely change the name of this cabin category.

I think they should just change the name and get it over with so there won’t be any more confusion. 

I get the logic, and I get the frustration. The problem is that JS are entitled to some of the suite perks, just not all of them, and also some of the suite restrictions such as non-refundable deposits. So it would require a pretty substantial overhaul of the system, and I suspect more people would be unhappy than happy about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I get the logic, and I get the frustration. The problem is that JS are entitled to some of the suite perks, just not all of them, and also some of the suite restrictions such as non-refundable deposits. So it would require a pretty substantial overhaul of the system, and I suspect more people would be unhappy than happy about it. 

You have very valid points. I know Junior Suite guests get double C&A points (triple if traveling solo), so those are attractive. As a solo traveler, that appeals to me as well, but the price difference is so great that I can go on more cruises in lower priced cabins and still be better off. 

As for the JS category, you’re probably right and that it would take a massive enhancement upgrade on the part of RC’a IT department. Maybe that would be more trouble than it’s worth. 

• Like 1