20% Of The Theater Seats Are Reserved For Premier

So_Tweetie

It is our fourth night on Sun Princess and for the first time (first production show) we are seeing a full 20% of seats with Premier reservation caps on them. Prior to tonight, for non-production performances, there were three front rows of reserved seats in one section. Interesting! 

IMG_3713.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

That would tell me that there are maybe  25% premier packages on your cruise. Were first nights ful production shows or guest performers ?

This is the first production show, the two previous guest performers are actually sitting in the audience with us! 😆

Considering there's 200+  Sanctuary Collection cabins, all of which have the Premier Cruise Package included, plus whomever actually buys it - that's actually tracking somewhat low, I'd think.. at double occupancy, that's 400 people already - just in Sanctuary Collection, for a theater that only seats 1000... 

Surprising to hear they had Premier Reserved seats at the guest entertainment also - the info on it clearly states only production shows....

It shall be interesting going forward, for sure.

Just now, memoak said:

My question is were the first 2 show full production shows or guests ?

They clearly answered - the first two shows were guest entertainment. Tonight is their first production show, as they note 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, So_Tweetie said:

It is our fourth night on Sun Princess and for the first time (first production show) we are seeing a full 20% of seats with Premier reservation caps on them. Prior to tonight, for non-production performances, there were three front rows of reserved seats in one section. Interesting! 

IMG_3713.jpeg

I’m confused. Were the seats saved for Premier on non-production nights? I’m only asking because we are booked on a future Sun Princess cruise and booked Premier. We normally book Plus so I’m not familiar with Premier and I thought reserved seats are only for production shows.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That would tell me that there are maybe  25% premier packages on your cruise. Were first nights ful production shows or guest performers ?

The rumor I have been told, was for each production show 20% of the number with Premier package will have the reserved seat covers, so if there are 100 seat covers, multiple by 5 for the appropriate number with the Premier Package on your sailing.

This might be different on Sphere Class since Sanctuary collection cabins have Premier.

37 minutes ago, coopco said:

I’m confused. Were the seats saved for Premier on non-production nights? I’m only asking because we are booked on a future Sun Princess cruise and booked Premier. We normally book Plus so I’m not familiar with Premier and I thought reserved seats are only for production shows.

There have been three rows of Premier seats reserved for all shows in the Arena so far on this cruise. Tonight’s performance added another 1/5 of the seating to that number.

17 minutes ago, wallyj said:

The rumor I have been told, was for each production show 20% of the number with Premier package will have the reserved seat covers, so if there are 100 seat covers, multiple by 5 for the appropriate number with the Premier Package on your sailing.

Very interesting, and that would make sense!

2 minutes ago, So_Tweetie said:

There have been three rows of Premier seats reserved for all shows in the Arena so far on this cruise. Tonight’s performance added another 1/5 of the seating to that number.

Ok, awesome. I get it now. Good to know. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, coopco said:

Oh, I think that answers my question. For non-production shows, the reserved seats are not for Premier. It’s for guests. Did I get that right?

No - during non-production shows on previous nights there were three rows of seats reserved for Premier passengers. Tonight they added what seemed like 100 additional reserved seats to that group. There have been Premier seats reserved in the arena every night so far.

1 minute ago, So_Tweetie said:

No - during non-production shows on previous nights there were three rows of seats reserved for Premier passengers. Tonight they added what seemed like 100 additional reserved seats to that group. There have been Premier seats reserved in the arena every night so far.

😊 I think we’ve been answering/questioning at the same time. Thanks so much for the reply. Totally good to know for the future. I assumed reserve Premier seating was only for production shows. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dockman said:

so were all the reserved seats used or if not at what point/time were they released for anyone to use?

The release to all comers is supposed to occur five minutes prior to curtain up and officially announced over the theatre speakers. Often passengers form up in a queue at suitable locations in anticipation of this with orderly procession to the vacant seats.  There has been issues not necessarily on Princess with this type of arrangement where people decide to force in ahead of others as it is not clearly defined how exactly the process works.

Regards John

6 minutes ago, john watson said:

The release to all comers is supposed to occur five minutes prior to curtain up and officially announced over the theatre speakers. Often passengers form up in a queue at suitable locations in anticipation of this with orderly procession to the vacant seats.  There has been issues not necessarily on Princess with this type of arrangement where people decide to force in ahead of others as it is not clearly defined how exactly the process works.

Regards John

sounds like semi organized chaos...just what i don't want five mins before curtain time

• Like 1

Just returned from a 31 night cruise on Sky Princess. The only show where there was a largish quantity of seats reserved and that wasn't 20% was Rock Opera. Unfortunately the production shows seem to have been cut dramatically. Three in the 31 nights. All excellent. The second one which was about a computer game was a tad odd, but costumes and performance excellent. The singers, both guys and girls were the best I have seen on 19 cruises. Overall the entertainment was very good by day and night. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

This might be different on Sphere Class since Sanctuary collection cabins have Premier.

That is my understanding as well.

3 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards John

On the cruise i am on, the Regal Princess, the premium seats are filled well before the 5 minutes. When i was on the Emerald, some would be availsble, but those were not in the best locations.

On producton show nights there are usually members of the CD staff checking those in the reserved seats.

Many of those thst could sit in the reserved seats choose to sit else where.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

The second one which was about a computer game was a tad odd, but costumes and performance excellent. The singers, both guys and girls were the best I have seen on 19 cruises. Overall the entertainment was very good by day and night. 

The show you refer to, I think, is 5 Skies. We both hated it, far too much narration and I just wanted them to get on with it. I want to be entertained, not have to follow some garbage script. It was a shame to us as the costumes and set were amazing. Unfortunately just not for us.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

Seats are only reserved for Premier package holders during production shows. For all other shows in the Arena, the few reserved seats are for people in the four Sky Suites. You’ll usually see Ivan, the Suite Manager hovering around the small number of reserved seats guarding them until the Sky Suite passengers turn up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1