Happy Canada Day

elmorejj

To all of our North of the border cousins. I usually spend this time of year in Toronto, but due to some emergengy surgery on my husband, have to stay home this year. I will certainly miss all of the festivities. When I was a young un in England, we always had a holiday from school for "Dominion Day" as it was called then. Enjoy yourselves "Cousins"........jean:cool:

So, which do we sing first? Happy Birthday? or Oh! Canada?

I hope all my northern neighbors have a great birthday party on their country's birthday. I'll eat a piece of cake, too. (er, chocolate, of course, eh?:D )

Thanks y'all - here in the "frozen tundra" we're enjoying an 82 degree day ... guess the glaciers won't be back for a few months!:rolleyes: I've been busy in court (crime doesn't stop for any day), so I haven't been able participate in the celebrations, but I'm waiting for the fireworks this evening. We've got a great look-out point where we go to with our thermal cups full of "adult coffee" and sit for a while enjoying the weather and fireworks.

I'd like to wish all my friends in the south a Happy July 4th and best wishes for safe celebrations in 3 days.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have very fond memories of Canada Day. My very first cruise departed Vancouver on July 1, 2001. The bus driver who picked us up at our hotel and then took us on a tour of the city gave us all Canadian flags to wave. There were lots of families in the downtown area taking part in the festivities. I saved the flag as a souvenir.

We spent July 4 in Juneau, so I got to view an Alaskan 4th of July parade (in Nashville, we don't have Tlingit Indians performing ceremonial dances :D ).

Jean, wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

Roz

Jean,

That's good to hear. I'm sure you were concerned and worried. Hope he gets a clean bill of health and you two can back to important stuff, like cruising.

Roz

Archived