NOORDAM 1/6 Cruise - Where's The Details

mariner

Finally the pix we have been waiting for.....I had a feeling it was Sir Scott with Ruth C, and shame on me for not remembering who had the PH. It was in the roll call and I am usually good at recalling useless info- like hello, I'm not even on this cruise, so why am I reading the roll call?

hammy, thanks for all your kind words!

And ... you COULD and SHOULD have been on the cruise! :)

hammy, thanks for all your kind words!

And ... you COULD and SHOULD have been on the cruise! :)

The way I figure it is that by the time I realized air was $98 r/t from ORD and an inside was $X, Ruth C snatched one of the last teeny-tiny inside cabins. But in 2008- oh yeah, I'm there and I dragging MaM with me. Make room in that hot tub!

Before dinner most evenings I enjoyed cocktails in the Ocean Bar. The band here was good, but the singer was horrible, the volume was pumped up too high, and the singer sang with his mouth too close to the mic.

This seems to be an epidemic. I recall Brian mentioning that in another post.

Guess the musicians on every ship think all of the pax are deaf. :rolleyes:

Greg...a great review! We really enjoyed reading it and seeing all the pictures. It brought back some wonderful memories.

Only one correction - we had Table 64 in the dining room (port side). You were at 65 and 67 (I believe) on Starboard. Have to agree about location though as it was much better than where we were (Table 50) on our April cruise.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review -- it was so nice to meet all of you after reading so many posts by you, Brian and others...and to sail with RuthC and Longtimecruiser once again.

Liz

Greg...a great review! We really enjoyed reading it and seeing all the pictures. It brought back some wonderful memories.

Only one correction - we had Table 64 in the dining room (port side). You were at 65 and 67 (I believe) on Starboard. Have to agree about location though as it was much better than where we were (Table 50) on our April cruise.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review -- it was so nice to meet all of you after reading so many posts by you, Brian and others...and to sail with RuthC and Longtimecruiser once again.

Thanks for the correction, Liz. I never found out what the other table number was ... my official assignment was 65, so I assumed the one next to ours was 64. I should know better than to assume anything. :D

And, yes, it was GREAT meeting you and the others.

Here's something you don't see every day:

The Zuiderdam and the Noordam -- the first and the last Vista -- docked side by side at Tortola.

zidernoor1.jpg

Greg, this really is a great pictures. The twins look nice next to each other;) Actually it will never happen but wouldn't it be neat to see all 4 together?

Greg, this really is a great pictures. The twins look nice next to each other;) Actually it will never happen but wouldn't it be neat to see all 4 together?

A shudder just went through my spine. The only place anyone is ever likely to see all 4 together would be if they were laid up, in mothballs at Freeport. :eek:

I think, currently, the most one could possibly ever see is three together -- The Noordam, Westerdam, and Zuiderdam. If it happeend to be a week when the Westerdam and the Zuiderdam were both doing Eastern Caribbean, and both were in port some day with the Noordam. That would be amazing.

They were pretty together. And, indeed, not something you see every day.

I've been to Tortola so many times I don't even bother to disembark the ship there. But I did get off the ship, this time, but only to capture the view of this pairing.

Mariner Magazine should publish the first one ... I think I'll offer it to them free of charge. :)

MR & Rotty--

Thanks!

As some of the folks on the cruise know, I had to run to the US Post Office on St Thomas to overnight some pre-hire paperwork to my prospective future employer...

(BTW - The ladies who work there are very sweet.)

Unfortunately, I won't get more paid vacation, but I'll be better able to afford to take unpaid time off for my High-Seas-Hijinks!

:D

That's the important thing, Brian! Congratulations on your new job. I loved Rev. Neal's review and anxiously await his photo log!

They do look very pretty. We'll see a repeat during our cruise on December 4. ;)

They were pretty together. And, indeed, not something you see every day. I've been to Tortola so many times I don't even bother to disembark the ship there. But I did get off the ship, this time, but only to capture the view of this pairing.Mariner Magazine should publish the first one ... I think I'll offer it to them free of charge. :)

Greg, Thank you so much for your great review. It is nice to relive our wonderful cruise. We really enjoyed meeting you and the "GROUP". Also thank you again for the lovely door signs. What a great momento. You could start another career. Gayle

Fabulous pictures, Greg. I love the one looking down on Noordam in Dominica.

Seeing the sisters docked side by side was fabulous. We stood for a long time looking at the pretty sight on such a beautiful, blue sky day. The Captains lined them up perfectly. Captain Scott gets most of the credit as Zuiderdam was already docked when we arrived. What a treat to see them side by side.

Walking back to the ship from Pussers, we couldn't take our eyes from those pretty ships.

Archived