NOORDAM 1/6 Cruise - Where's The Details

mariner

I know I'm only a newbie, but I just wanted to say Congratulations on your weight loss revneal. :)

I've lost 10 pounds since the start of January, and I want to loose another 4 pounds before my Noordam cruise on 3/10. Seeing how well you've done has given me that little extra bit of inspiration.

I will get into the new dress I bought in the sales, which was too tight, and now very nearly fits! :D

Of course it's "REAL". Seriously, did you doubt me? :confused:

LOL :)

Well ... I wouldn't put it past you to be "creative."

:D

You DO know more songs than anyone I've ever met.

Now ... about those "alternative lyrics." :D ;)

Now ... about those "alternative lyrics." :D ;)

Some are clean; some are not. :D All are fun.

There's Six Foot Two, Eyes of Blue. And, of course, I'm Looking Over My Dead Dog Rover and I'm Looking Over A Whore From Dover done to the same tune. And Somebody Else Is Taking My Place.

And then there's.... Let's just leave it there. ;)

So ... if things go well the next 30 days I hope to have to buy a new Tuxedo prior to the Ryndam. :)

I began this process wearing pants that were a tight 52 ... and usually had to have elastic segments in the size for me to wear them at all. My jacket was a 58/59, my shirts were 3x or 4x and my neck was a 20.5. Today I'm wearing 46s in the pants and the suit I wore today was one of my old 52s from over 12 years ago. My shirts are all 1x or, in some cases, 2x. I can still wear a few of my 3x shirts, but they are all very baggy on me. My neck is 18 inches now.

As a yo-yo, it is not lost on me how most of us prefer to not think about size or measures and certainly don't talk about it. But once we accomplish a tremendous goal, we like to boast about where we started. Your accomplishment is an inspiration to many of us. Who needs Oprah whem we have you.

I know I'm only a newbie, but I just wanted to say Congratulations on your weight loss revneal. :)

I've lost 10 pounds since the start of January, and I want to loose another 4 pounds before my Noordam cruise on 3/10. Seeing how well you've done has given me that little extra bit of inspiration.

I will get into the new dress I bought in the sales, which was too tight, and now very nearly fits! :D

Debsjc, congratulations on your loss. It's a difficult struggle and the hardest part is keeping it off.

I lost 20 lbs last year only to gain back 7 on our December cruise and over the holidays. Losing those and the final 10 is a challenge!

Good luck with your final 4! And have a wonderful cruise:) .

Thank you so much. Those who never seem to struggle with the pounds just don't seem to understand how DIFFICULT it is to take it off, but how EASY it is to put it on.

And I'm pleased that what I've done thus far is an inspiration to you, and others. Trust me, no one is more aware than I of how often I fail and how much I have yet to do. But, it's not a "diet" it's a way of life. At least, that's how I've come to look at it now. It was THAT attitudinal change that made all the difference for me.

Some are clean; some are not. :D All are fun.

There's Six Foot Two, Eyes of Blue. And, of course, I'm Looking Over My Dead Dog Rover and I'm Looking Over A Whore From Dover done to the same tune. And Somebody Else Is Taking My Place.

And then there's.... Let's just leave it there. ;)

Ah, yes ... I know some of those "alternative" lyrics. Somewhere, in a box of books locked in a closet of the rectory, is a book entitled "Dirty Song Lyrics." I should bring them on a future cruise!!!! Maybe Rotterdam, SA-Anarctica ?? ;)

As a yo-yo, it is not lost on me how most of us prefer to not think about size or measures and certainly don't talk about it. But once we accomplish a tremendous goal, we like to boast about where we started. Your accomplishment is an inspiration to many of us. Who needs Oprah whem we have you.

Absolutely! Just don't expect me to buy the whole CC group automobiles!! :D

I lost 20 lbs last year only to gain back 7 on our December cruise and over the holidays. Losing those and the final 10 is a challenge!

Heather, look at it this way ... you're still down 13! Now ... just take off that 7 again and you'll be back where you started!

Yes ... I know ... that's easier said than done. <sigh>

Which reminds me ... I think I'll go to the gym rather than burn out my eyes watching this game tonight.

Ah, yes ... I know some of those "alternative" lyrics. Somewhere, in a box of books locked in a closet of the rectory, is a book entitled "Dirty Song Lyrics." I should bring them on a future cruise!!!! Maybe Rotterdam, SA-Anarctica ?? ;)

If your church ever decides to hold a book sale---and you decide to contrubute that book---let me know. I'd like to take a look at it. :D

Otherwise, yes! Please do bring in on the SA/Antarctica cruise.

I wonder if I know any of those alternates? :confused:

Debsjc, congratulations on your loss. It's a difficult struggle and the hardest part is keeping it off.

Good luck with your final 4! And have a wonderful cruise:) .

Heather, I had lost 18 pounds prior to our Zaaandam cruise, I had just let myself gain too much during and after our Alaska cruise. That 18 took me a while, then over the Zaandam cruise I felt pretty good about myself because I only gained 3 pounds in 10 days. Well, since I felt so good about myself I over did it over the holidays and gained another 7 pounds:o It took me all of January to get that 7 pounds off now I am a 1/2 pounds less than what I weighed when I came home from the Zaandam. Now I have less than 6 weeks to try to loose at least 8 more pounds. That will put me 5 pounds less than I was for the Zaandam, then when we return I will need to start right back at it because I want to loose another 10 to 12 pounds to be at my low of 3 years ago. This loosing weight is very hard work. I feel like I have the good Lisa sitting on my right shoulder and the bad Lisa on my left. Good keeps saying "You can do it, don't eat that, You don't need it" Bad Lisa is saying 'Oh one little piece of pizza will not hurt, beside at your age you should enjoy life" I am torn in the middle:o :D

Which reminds me ... I think I'll go to the gym rather than burn out my eyes watching this game tonight.

Which reminds me...

After an evening and an afternoon of the Sports Bar being jam-packed w/ football fans watching the playoffs, S7S comes over to our group in the Ocean Bar before dinner one evening. *While she's sharing her excitement over her team winning, she suddenly gets a look on her face and realizes that here she is standing amidst a whole group of men that really don't care one way or the other.* (Sorry, Dear - I don't actually watch football for the game...) :D

Later, Ruth joins us and starts chattering about how excited she is that her team won that day.* "Ruth, would you like to sit next to S7S so you ladies will have someone to talk football with?"

;)

"Ruth, would you like to sit next to S7S so you ladies will have someone to talk football with?"

;)

At least John was a help with the sports questions at Trivia. On the Zaandam cruise I was the "sports expert" when we played. :rolleyes:

Heather, look at it this way ... you're still down 13! Now ... just take off that 7 again and you'll be back where you started!

Yes ... I know ... that's easier said than done. <sigh>

Yes, that's absolutely true, Greg:) . But I've lost and gained the same 7 several times since December. Times up!!

Lisa, I feel your pain;) ... been there done that many a time. But I've been on the right track now for almost a year (4/1). I have a great support group here on CC and as Greg says, this is now a way of life forever and ever. On our "Losers" thread, we call it WOE instead of diet (Way of Eating). It works; we're there for each other and it's been hugely helpful for me to have these totally supportive friends.

So to everyone who battles with this and succeeds, I congratulate you. It isn't easy, but nothing worth having ever is.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bepsf

"Ruth, would you like to sit next to S7S so you ladies will have someone to talk football with?"

:D Brian is Not Kidding!!! I well remember that 'episode' . :) Way too funny. Thankful when Ruth arrived. ;)

:D Brian is Not Kidding!!! I well remember that 'episode' . :) Way too funny. Thankful when Ruth arrived. ;)

<sigh> And when our team did eventually lose at least they lost to the ultimate winner. There's a perverse satisfaction in that.

Well - here are my comments on the 1/6/07 cruise on the Noordam --- after reading the comments written in --- I am beginning to feel that I was on the wrong ship --- we have been on 58 cruises ---- 8 of them being on the HAL - 7 of the cruises on the HAL were delightfull - Westerdam - Zuiderdam -Oosterdam - Noordam - however the last cruise on the Noordam was not enjoyable --- we always reserve an SS suite - however on the last cruise we decided to reserve the Superior Deluxe Suite --- this was truly a disappointment ---- our suite was not kept clean -- 11 day cruise and our bed linens WERE NEVER CHANGED - the veranday was never swept or kept tidy - a toiletry case was left in the vanity by a previous passenger that contained objects that as a courtesy to those reading this I will not mention - the dining personnel was rude - ie - after waiting 35 minutes for a cup of tea and asking why the delay --- I was curtly told that they had 5 other tables that thye were waiting on and they were very busy --- this is not what one would expect to have said to them --- especially on a HAL ship - the food always arrived cold - it was not pleasurable to look forward to going to the dining room any longer - after two nights of this poor attitude and treatment --- we would go to either the Lido deck where the service was very good and of course we went to the Pinnacle - which was excellent - the food = the service - the presentation - was exactly what we always experienced on prior cruises - "High Tea" served in the suite on fine china and with a Butler was an amenity offered to the Deluxe Suite Passengers - we requested to have " High Tea" and was very surprised and disappointed to learn what HAL considered "High Tea" it was taken to our room by the Steward - NO BUTLER - no fine china - "High Tea " consited of four small slices of bread - one with salami - one with turkey - one with cheese - and one with another cold cut ---- chicken wings - spring rolls - and cheese sticks - no crumpets - no watercress sandwiches - - I called the conceriege and inquired if perhaps and error had been made - was was told that what we received is what HAL considered "High Tea" --- we have had "High Tea" served on prior cruises with all that was expected of "High Tea" including Butler - fine china - etc - also - when we arrived it was abvious that the robes in our room were soiled and certainly not up to the standards of either HAL or us --- I requested from our Steward to have them changed and was told that - that was all that was available --- I am sorry to say that we would not be looking forward to another cruise on HAL and will be looking forward to cruising to another cruise where the our standards will be met ---- sorry HAL but you did not come up to our standards on this cruise --- Also - I hope that I do not get bashed for these comments - but for sure they are all facts as I mentioned before we have cruised many times but have never had an experience such as this --- it is our intention not to let this stop us from cruising - and look forwad to another cruise to take away the bad taste that the l/6/07 on the Noordam left us with

You leave me absolutely speechless. I am very sorry your experience was so different than what so many others of us enjoyed.

Did you seek assistance from the Chief Housekeeper? We had occasion to meet him and found him so very eager to please. How about Hotel Manager Henk Mensink? VERY fine HM. So good, in fact, he has been selected to do the next World Cruise. How about Maitre d' Tom Grindlay? We think him so very able and eager everyone have a wonderful dining experience. Guest Relations Manager, Cristel? These people are all there to help with any problems guests cannot resolve without assistance. I can't imagine that any/all of them would not have looked into the issues about which you write.

One comment, however.....the only mention I have ever heard of any Butlers on HAL is when Stewards serve as Butlers at HMC. HAL does not have Butlers for their Suites. Our Stewards have always provided us with everything we could need or want.

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Hope your next cruise is more to your liking.

Are you sure you we on the Noordam 1/6/07? Cannot believe you had such a

different experience. We were also in a suite and everything was perfect. We had a Bloody Mary party one morning and everything was done perfectly.

Our dining experience was one of the best we have ever had and we have

made 67 cruises. Hope you next cruise is more to your liking. Gayle

Well - here are my comments on the 1/6/07 cruise on the Noordam --- after reading the comments written in --- I am beginning to feel that I was on the wrong ship ---

I'm sorry that you were disappointed on so many levels.

To what degree did you make these concerns known to your steward, the Head Waiter for your area of the dining room, the Concierge staff or Henk the Hotel Manager?

I'm so very sorry that your cruise was not enjoyable...my husband & myself had taken a cruise, loved it.....booked the same exact one again.....were very dissatisfied with the service we received. So each cruise is different. We were on HAL's Noordam x-mas cruise (we are first timers) & loved everything about it. We just booked again, & hopefully we will love it just as much, & I know it will be a different experience, even though it's the same ship. I sincerely hope you find a cruise line that meets your needs.

Archived