NOORDAM 1/6 Cruise - Where's The Details

mariner

Now we are looking forward to more NOORDAM shots ...

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Last Friday Greg told me I had to be patient (yeah, like that's gonna happen :rolleyes: ) and wait until this coming Monday. Or thereabouts. Give or take. Plus or minus. Maybe.

RevNeal... So sorry to read that you had to cancel your Statendam cruise. We did this one in 2006 and really enjoyed it. You definitely have to reschedule this trip and it is quite interesting. What was really amazing was traveling over the International Date Line. We had 2 Friday - May 13th last year and HAL, of course, charged us the tips for the repeat of the day. This really confused one of the office workers.

Being an amateur photographer, I really enjoy looking at all your beautiful photography. Besides being clergy (an exemplary vocation), you are a very gifted photographer. I just looked at your Israel trip and your photo journal was absolutely wonderful. We were there in 1999 so it was great seeing the places again. Cannot believe how much more has been escavated at Caesarea.

Now we are looking forward to more NOORDAM shots ... although, it would be hard to top the ones you took last year.

Thanks for bringing me much pleasure viewing your site and keep up the good work.

Thank you, Love Cruises. You are VERY kind, indeed. I enjoy taking photographs, but do not pretend to be anything other than an amateur who takes photos of what he likes.

I will try to get back to work on the Noordam photos from this last cruise. I know, I'm behind ... and, for today, I claim sickness. I've been fighting a severe head-cold all day.

And, Ruthless ... I understand you're impatient. But, please, have mercy on me! :) I PROMISE to have the photos ready and uploaded before I depart for the Ryndam. Hopefully LONG before.

One of the most heartwarming things in life is the love between a Husband and Wife...

My dear cousins, Susan and John Parker (OK, so it's not exactly determined via DNA testing that we're really Cousin's, but we're all "Parker"s and we love to cruise and that's all that really matters...) were with us again aboard Noordam for this cruise...

Before the last Formal dinner aboard ship, John came down to Ocean Bar a bit earlier than Susan because she was still getting ready for dinner - He showed me a beautiful Sapphire pendant necklace that he had purchased for Susan which she'd pointed out to him in the giftshop earlier that she'd especially liked...

So at dinner that evening she was particularly resplendant in her coiture and jewelry - and as she was seated next to me, I asked her about the jewelry that she was wearing that evening; where it was from, etc. and if there was a particular item that she'd seen during the cruise that she would have enjoyed to have...

While I was discussing this with Susan, John discreetly slipped a little white box out of his Tuxedo pocket and placed it in front of Susan...

Susan replied that there wasn't anything that she would have particularly liked to have, so I asked her "What about that box right there in front of you?"

She looked down at the little box and got this look on her face like I'd never seen before. "Where did this come from???", she asked.

Once she opened the box and saw what it was - she was absolutely stunned. "Where did this come from???", she asked again. I told her to look at the man sitting on the other side of her with the goofy smile on his face...

I don't think there was a dry eye at the table after that - at least not mine.

:o

After dinner on one of the first evenings aboard, the group was wandering the ship and happened to enter the giftshop when they were having their watch sale....

I needed another watch like a hole in the head and really didn't expect to find anything that I'd like, but since we were there I went ahead and had a look - and discovered an elegant silver Citizen Eco-Drive with little diamonds around the bezel. Greg was right there next to me explaining how good these watches are, how they never need batteries, what an excellent price this was at 44% off list, etc. - so of course I try it on...

...and of course it suits me perfectly - but as I said earlier, I didn't need another watch and certainly didn't need to spend this kind of money on an impulse purchase, but the lady in the shop suggested that I could put it on hold and return for it later if I wished. By that time, Scotty and Janice and some of the others had come over and seen it as well and told me how good it looked on me and that that I should just get it. No, no - not gonna blow the budget on a crazy impulse purchase before we even get to our first island, but to appease the sales lady and the group, I had her put the watch on hold and decided to sleep on it.

After a drink in the bar w/ the group, I retired to the suite for the evening - it was late and I wanted to have some quiet time alone to read a couple chapters of Capt. Mateboer's book before I went to sleep. So there I was all comfy in my cozy bed when the phone rings: it's Scotty calling from one of the bars and he's asking me if I'm in for the night - Yes, I am. Then he tells me to put on a bathrobe as he and Janice are coming up shortly and he hangs up.

Fine. Ugh. Can't I get some peace and quiet before bed? Why does she have to come up tonight - can't she wait to see me at Breakfast? All these thoughts are going through my head as I retrieve a bathrobe from the hook and wrap up....

Shortly thereafter, in march Scotty and Janice looking very pleased and bearing a wrapped gift with a homemade bow. "This is for you. Since we knew that you didn't celebrate Xmas this year, we decided to get this for you together." I looked at the cylindrical package and thought, "They got me out of my bed to give me a box of Almond Roca???" But being a good sport, I thanked them very much and dutifully started unwrapping the present while they aimed their camera at me to record my reaction. Once I tore the paper from the box and saw what it really was - I was in utter amazement!

These two crazy people had bought me the diamond watch!!!

:eek:

BRIIIIAAAANNNNNNN.....

Naughy to you and Susan. I didn't get to see either of your beautiful new jewelry gifts. I love seeing pretty new jewelry people get on their cruises!!

What great stories, both of them.

Thank you so much for sharing and I hope each of you have lots of pleasure enjoy both your new pendant and your new watch.

Last Friday Greg told me I had to be patient (yeah, like that's gonna happen :rolleyes: ) and wait until this coming Monday. Or thereabouts. Give or take. Plus or minus. Maybe.

Ok ... Madam Impatience ... I've spent all day doing this, and I'm still not done ... I have the San Juan photos yet to process and post, but I just don't have any more energy tonight and I have a long day tomorrow.

Here are my photos from our 2007 Noordam cruise.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/noordam2007/Menu200.html

As I said ... I hoped to get this up sooner than March 13th ... and I did.

Greg, thanks so much for posting all your great photos. We appreciate the time you took to do this along with your busy schedule.

The pictures brought back so many wonderful memories of one GREAT cruise!!

Thanks again.

Liz

Ok ... Madam Impatience ... I've spent all day doing this, and I'm still not done ...

Greg, I spent nine years in school with nuns. Don't even try doing guilt on me! :D

Here are my photos from our 2007 Noordam cruise.

Thank you. They're excellent. :)

I did copy a few of them to my 'puter---I know you don't mind. It's so neat when the screen saver starts cycling wonderful memories of cruises. And friends. :)

RevNeal....your pictures were beautiful, when we cruised in Dec, we had the same tour guide in Dominica....I thought that she did a very good job. Viewing your pictures makes me want Nov to get here faster....thank you.

Brian....what a wonderful story....& what great friends you have. Hope that you enjoy your new timepiece.

I did copy a few of them to my 'puter---I know you don't mind. It's so neat when the screen saver starts cycling wonderful memories of cruises. And friends. :)

Ruth.....

How do you do that? I'd love to save them to my computer for screen saver.

Thanks if you can help.

Ruth.....

How do you do that? I'd love to save them to my computer for screen saver.

Thanks if you can help.

Sail, I can answer for Ruth, you just right click your mouse, then you can save to computer which will then be placed you your documents under pictures or you can copy like this and paste it some where.

dominica4.jpg

BTW Greg, I LOVE all your pictures and I cannot wait till June till we are on the Noordam. But then I can't wait till we are on the Oosterdam either;)

Greg, I spent nine years in school with nuns. Don't even try doing guilt on me! :D

Not Guilt, my dear ... :) Not guilt at all! Simply fact!

You're welcome ... and, of course, I share them for people to enjoy and use! :)

Sail, I can answer for Ruth, you just right click your mouse, then you can save to computer which will then be placed you your documents under pictures or you can copy like this and paste it some where.

dominica4.jpg

BTW Greg, I LOVE all your pictures and I cannot wait till June till we are on the Noordam. But then I can't wait till we are on the Oosterdam either;)

If you use a Mac it's even easier. Just take your curser, click on the image and, holding the button down, drag the image over and drop it onto your desk top. :)

Thanks folks. I know how to save the photos. What I really wanted to learn is how to use saved photos as a screen saver.

Some of Greg's pics are so good, I'd like to see them from time to time flash on my screen.

Thanks, Ruth........got your e-mail.

Thanks, Greg.......great photos.

And there they are!

Board is still acting weird!

Thanks Judy ... if you want a full-rez version of any of the photos, let me know. You'll find that a full resolution photo will look even better on your screen than those I prepared for the internet (where I reduced the resolution to 800x600).

Archived