NOORDAM 1/6 Cruise - Where's The Details

mariner

I so agree about thanking you, Greg, for the wonderful door signs. They're fabulous and a great momento from our amazing cruise.

We so love that ship and your pictures make me wish we were still aboard!!!

What a very beautiful lady she is.

In addition to Noordam's photos, the pictures of you and of John and Susan are great. Brings make nice memories.

Brian ... congratulations on your new job. I'm sure you deserve it!

Looked at the shots posted yesterday of you with Rev. Neal and Ruth C. They are great pictures and you all look like you are having a wonderful time. I must say though that you look much younger in these shots than your avatar one. JMO.

Greg, I so enjoyed your review and all the pictures. You'll let us know when you get your full album up? I look forward to it.

I love the shot of the sisters in Tortola ... quite a vision.

And mostly, I'm just so happy everyone enjoyed each other so much and had such an amazing time. Though it won't be on a Vista ship, I hope to meet all of you one day in our cruising future!

Great pictures Greg.. You look might handsome all decked out in your tux !!

Thanks, Rhonda ... you are very kind indeed.

That completes the scans. Unless I run across any other photos (or someone(s) sends me some more) I'm done with samples. I need to upload a gallery of photos in high quality. That's my next step.

The a suffering post cruise blues, a condition one suffers when withdrawing from the surreal world of Holland America........

Tis true, post-cruise blues can be a bit difficult. The best ways I have found of dealing with those "blues" is to (1) book another cruise as quickly as possible, (2) write a review, and (3) go through one's pictures and share them with others!!!

Is the Holland America line a "surreal" world? Perhaps ... if so, it certainly is a NICE surreal world. :)

Every single time I see this hot tub photo of RuthC, I find it to be even more priceless! Ruth, that smile on your face just says it all! :D

Finally the pix we have been waiting for.....I had a feeling it was Sir Scott with Ruth C, and shame on me for not remembering who had the PH.

And a mighty woo-hoo to you. The NASD is far more challenging than it once was and it's all about cramming the week before. The test is fairly conrcrete and you will know what you know, or not, and will be able to predict your own pass/fail. Given your apparent ability to grasp the nuance, I predict you will do quite well. And at the end of the day, no one cares about your score. Just pass the darn thing. We are rootin for you.

Hammy--

Thanks - But this is an exam for the Firm - where they come in and look at your books and records for the past couple years - Ugh!

BTW: NASD = National Association of Securities Dealers. They're the self-regulatory agency (chartered by the SEC) to oversee the Securities Markets.

...and Yes, those are shells - from Grand Turk on the inaugural.

(I only wear them on special occassions...;) )

A shudder just went through my spine. The only place anyone is ever likely to see all 4 together would be if they were laid up, in mothballs at Freeport. :eek:

I think, currently, the most one could possibly ever see is three together -- The Noordam, Westerdam, and Zuiderdam. If it happeend to be a week when the Westerdam and the Zuiderdam were both doing Eastern Caribbean, and both were in port some day with the Noordam. That would be amazing.

There may be a possibility with 3 of the Vista sisters (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, and Noordam) in Alaska this summer...

OK - Time for the dirt....

;)

Scotty and I always have an agreement during our cruises: Should either of us "Get Lucky" during the cruise - all we have to do is put the "Privacy Please" tag in the doorlock while we're busy. Should the other of us come along and wish to get some sleep and see the sign in the lock, all we have to do is go down to a public room and ring the suite: the one inside will answer and that's the "5 minute warning bell" - by the time that the one outside has returned to the suite the other should have finished whatever they're doing.

So towards the end of the cruise, Scotty was not feeling well - having one of his migranes again. Meanwhile, the steward never quite got through his head that we are late risers - he'd always knock much too early for us. So as I went out for 2nd Breakfast, I told Scotty that I was putting the tag on the door so that the steward wouldnt bother him...

Sometime after 2pm, I'm wandering back to the suite from the Lido and here comes Scotty down the corridor - he sees me and gets this look of shock on his face "What are you doing out here?" Well, where else should I be???

He says that he'd been avoiding the suite all afternoon because he thought I was "Getting Lucky" - He'd seen the privacy tag in the door lock...

...Goofball didn't take the tag off the door when the left the suite after his nap!!!:eek: :eek:

I'm done with samples. I need to upload a gallery of photos in high quality. That's my next step.

Well let's get to it, eh? I need to lift a few more of yours over to my own collection.

Isn't it nice to have friends with a camera? No need to take any pictures yourself. :D

Well let's get to it, eh? I need to lift a few more of yours over to my own collection.

Isn't it nice to have friends with a camera? No need to take any pictures yourself. :D

Patience is a virtue, Sister Ruth.

Now, say 50,000 Hail-HALs and be patient! :)

It'll take about a week ... I've got too much to do between now and Monday to think about it until then. :)

Patience is a virtue, Sister Ruth.:)

I don't DO patience. But I'll wait impatiently while you go about doing whatever else you think is more important. :rolleyes:

And that's as good as you're going to get out of me, so be happy with it. K? :D

Notice how skinny he's getting?

;)

Thank you, Brian. It makes one feel good to know that one's efforts are being noticed. I'll "be there" eventually ... then, of course, once I'm "there" I will still have to work in order to "stay there." :)

Unfortunately, I'm feeling kinda fat right now. And, given how dang cold it is today (it's supposed to snow again tonight), I'm thinking about Mexican food for dinner. :)

But ... I'll be good. I promise.

I don't DO patience. But I'll wait impatiently while you go about doing whatever else you think is more important. :rolleyes:

And that's as good as you're going to get out of me, so be happy with it. K? :D

I hear ya, Ruth. And I'll do my best to get those photos readied. I have to select the ones I want to upload, process them so that they don't each take up a whole megabyte, and then upload them and prepare the galleries. Some of them -- those of the Crows Nest, for instance -- will go into my existing Noordam Tour Galleries. Those were taken to supplement what I missed last time. I'll also include photos of my G-category cabin. Otherwise, the photos from this trip will go in their own galleries.

Until I'm done, if you're impatient, you (and others) might enjoy viewing my photo galleries of my trip to Israel.

Rev. Neal's 2006 Pilgrimage to Israel

I finally got these finished a couple of weeks ago! 964 photos! Wow!

Enjoy!

Until I'm done, if you're impatient, you (and others) might enjoy viewing my photo galleries of my trip to Israel.

Ooooooo! Wow, indeed. Those are nice. I'll go back and spend more time on them this evening.

Someday I'd love to visit the Holy Land. Someday.

Ooooooo! Wow, indeed. Those are nice. I'll go back and spend more time on them this evening.

Someday I'd love to visit the Holy Land. Someday.

I'll "be there" eventually ... then, of course, once I'm "there" I will still have to work in order to "stay there." :)

Unfortunately, I'm feeling kinda fat right now. And, given how dang cold it is today (it's supposed to snow again tonight), I'm thinking about Mexican food for dinner. :)

But ... I'll be good. I promise.

Greg:

Where you are "now" is so much better than where you "were"...you're looking good & healthy! Keep up the wonderful job you're doing! And don't forget...you can add habaneros to anything!!! (carefully!) :eek: :D

Always a handsome man; and, now, even better! Wish we(!) could all say the same!

Have a joyful weekend, Rev!

Paul :)

Archived