sharpie13

Sleepware in cruise ship public areas is:  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Sleepware in cruise ship public areas is:

• Great!
    • Comfortable.
    • Tacky.
    • Should not be tolerated.

Truthfully. I think anyone who sleeps in their "outfit" and is too lazy to put on clean clothes to go out of their cabin is just plain "Sloppy."

But, if they want to look "disheveled and unkempt" in front of all the other passengers so be it.

JMO

I really don't care what anyone else is wearing -- just don't block my view of the ocean or the shoreline.

Well, I suppose there is one exception. If you are over about 25, PLEASE dont come out of your cabin wearing a thong..... :eek: :eek:

Come on--this is why this whole society is so ...Tacky!!!! No one seems to care! Civilization demands that you try and behave. This business of "I'm not hurting anyone, so I can do as I wish" mentality is what has corrupted our whole value system.

When you're in public, you should behave as if you are being watched--because you are! Act like a civilized human being. Dress for the situation. You are not alone in this world, or on this ship, or in this mall, or this hotel, etc... etc... etc...

This applies to cell phone usage, dress codes, language in public places,yielding the right-of-way, etc...

If you are alone, do as you wish. If you are part of a group, or a crowd, or a ship's manifest, BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!

Come on--this is why this whole society is so ...Tacky!!!! No one seems to care! Civilization demands that you try and behave. This business of "I'm not hurting anyone, so I can do as I wish" mentality is what has corrupted our whole value system.

When you're in public, you should behave as if you are being watched--because you are! Act like a civilized human being. Dress for the situation. You are not alone in this world, or on this ship, or in this mall, or this hotel, etc... etc... etc...

This applies to cell phone usage, dress codes, language in public places,yielding the right-of-way, etc...

If you are alone, do as you wish. If you are part of a group, or a crowd, or a ship's manifest, BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and :rolleyes:

I voted for tacky (for what it's worth) :rolleyes:

Darn, I thought we might be finding out who wears sleepwear and who likes au naturel!

Well if you MUST know, I don't own/wear any Pajamas, but I usually remember to dress for breakfast in the Windjammer.

...If you are over about 25, PLEASE dont come out of your cabin wearing a thong.....

I don't own a thong either, and I think I covered that one already above.

Come on--this is why this whole society is so ...Tacky!!!! ...This applies to cell phone usage, dress codes, language in public places,yielding the right-of-way, etc.....BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!

CB, I think you forgot Chair hogs, pushing all buttons in the elevators, and swimmups/diapers in the pools! :D

Truthfully. I think anyone who sleeps in their "outfit" and is too lazy to put on clean clothes to go out of their cabin is just plain "Sloppy."

But, if they want to look "disheveled and unkempt" in front of all the other passengers so be it.

JMO

Hey, Alexis, how's the weather up there? :eek: :cool: :D

I really don't care what anyone else is wearing -- just don't block my view of the ocean or the shoreline.

Well, I suppose there is one exception. If you are over about 25, PLEASE dont come out of your cabin wearing a thong..... :eek:

Hey, speak for yourself! I'm in my forties, and apparently look great in a thong...:p But, you'll never get to see it...:rolleyes: :p :D

I really don't know about this question as people tend to think of sleepwear as different things. I think someone parading around in a sheer nightgown or even a flannel one would turn a few heads but someone else wearing lounge pants and a t-shirt would probably not even be noticed. People wear lounge pants and a t-shirt over a bathing suit as a cover up too and the same outfit is very common to sleep in. I do not care what anyone is wearing on the ship but I think the term sleepwear is a bit vague. :)

I would think common sense would apply here but just for the record; "sleepwear" should not be condoned in any public areas anywhere outside of a pajama party. If you are too lazy to put on clothes to go out then just stay in, it is not your right to walk around the ship in PJ's just because it's your vacation. It's ours too, have some respect.

Oh, and my idea of sleepwear is "in the buff" so I know you don't want to see me in my sleepwear!:o:D:p

Well, I suppose there is one exception. If you are over about 25, PLEASE dont come out of your cabin wearing a thong..... :eek: :eek:

Or a speedo!!!!

Three cheers for this post. You sure did express my feelings exactly, thank you. Now if every one would listen that would be even better.

I see that I would rather NOT be cruising with the roughly 13 % that think it is Great/Comfortable. (I guess this may be the same group that has kids in Walmart with no shirt and just a diaper:eek: )...Come on people, are you that starved for food that you can't take 5 minutes to change into something else ? This is not a giant slumber party, have some dignity....and be respectful of the >80% who do care...

Just my opinion...:D

Archived